Why Is Secession Such an Anathema to the Left?

Isn't secession the ultimate expression of self-determination? Why are those on the Left so opposed to allowing a difference of opinion? Conservatives think liberals are idiots and would be happy to have them go somewhere else, but the reverse is certainly not true. Liberals want to enforce their conformity on everyone and recoil at the thought of allowing others to follow a different path.

Is this due to an underlying totalitarian streak that are present in most "progressive" policies, or is it a fear of competition from other ideas? As an out-of-state conservative I had no problems with Romneycare in Massachusetts (as long as I didn't have to pay for it). So why is it you liberals are so opposed to school vouchers in states where you don't live? Why must every policy be dictated by the federal government?

What are you afraid of?

Say California wants to secede from the union then does.

Then, San Diego wants to secede from California.

Then, Riverside County wants to secede from California

Then, Southern California wants to secede and does

Los Angeles wants to secede and does

Then, San Francisco secedes

Then the Crips in South Central want to secede

Do you understand that they all have the right according to your thinking and how hurtful a move like this would be to the country and its fellow citizens?
One you don't know history. Check into the "birth" of West Virginia. And then there is the current.
51st State Two counties in California seek to form new Jefferson State RT USA
The two counties in California are going nowhere. You can live in your Mad Max world if you want as far as I'm concerned it will be a good lesson for you.
They have the right to do what West Virginia did.

As we have said and sourced before, the Supreme Court has said no you do not have the right to secede.
Who cares about the scotus?

As we have said and sourced before, the Supreme Court has said no you do not have the right to secede.
As did the guy who authored the Constitution, along with a Founder revered by the Right.

But these nimrods can't accept no for an answer.

Isn't secession the ultimate expression of self-determination? Why are those on the Left so opposed to allowing a difference of opinion? Conservatives think liberals are idiots and would be happy to have them go somewhere else, but the reverse is certainly not true. Liberals want to enforce their conformity on everyone and recoil at the thought of allowing others to follow a different path.

Is this due to an underlying totalitarian streak that are present in most "progressive" policies, or is it a fear of competition from other ideas? As an out-of-state conservative I had no problems with Romneycare in Massachusetts (as long as I didn't have to pay for it). So why is it you liberals are so opposed to school vouchers in states where you don't live? Why must every policy be dictated by the federal government?

What are you afraid of?

Do you understand that they all have the right according to your thinking and how hurtful a move like this would be to the country and its fellow citizens?
One you don't know history. Check into the "birth" of West Virginia. And then there is the current.
The two counties in California are going nowhere. You can live in your Mad Max world if you want as far as I'm concerned it will be a good lesson for you.

SCOTUS does NOT have power to rule OVER the states. SCOTUS is supposed to ENFORCE both states and personal rights NOT central government.

Why is secession coming up so much the past couple days? Did some mass email get circulated? Did some right wing talk radio host go on a rant about it?

These rubes are parroting somebody.

You are the one who is afraid of the federal government so kindly refrain from projecting your shortcomings on others.

And you are the one who is evading the salient points of this conversation.

BZZZT Wrong!

I addressed the only relevant point of this entire thread. Everything else is irrelevant.

And I noticed that you cut & ran from from the question you can't answer.

What are you afraid of?
Are you asking about the treason that is secession, or are you wondering why policy differences can't be worked out?

Letter from James Madison to Daniel Webster:

I return my thanks for the copy of your late very powerful Speech in the Senate of the United S. It crushes "nullification" and must hasten the abandonment of "Secession."

Read the whole letter. Madison makes it very clear the Constitution has "imbodied the people of their respective States into one people, nation or sovereignty" and not "into a mere league or treaty".

The Army, Navy Air Force and the Marines

Letter from James Madison to Nicholas Trist. This was written during the Nullification Crisis.

There are in one of them some interesting views of the doctrine of secession; one that had occurred to me, and which for the first time I have seen in print; namely that if one State can at will withdraw from the others, the others can at will withdraw from her, and turn her, nolentem, volentem, out of the union.

It is remarkable how closely the nullifiers who make the name of Mr. Jefferson the pedestal for their colossal heresy, shut their eyes and lips, whenever his authority is ever so clearly and emphatically against them.

Colossal heresy!

Here's the best part:
It is high time that the claim to secede at will should be put down by the public opinion; and I shall be glad to see the task commenced by one who understands the subject.

You're welcome.

Now STFU.

Lol. You wish. And your party is dismantling, disarming and eroding the integrity of our military as fast as they can.

What are you afraid of?

Leftism = neo-fascism.

Assumes facts not in evidence.

Posting mindless bumper stickers is not a substitute for meaningful debate.

Try contributing to the OP instead.

Sorry rubes. Our Founders who wrote the Constitution say you are wrong.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Back to the OP:

So why is it you liberals are so opposed to school vouchers in states where you don't live? Why must every policy be dictated by the federal government?

Try to focus. I know it's hard for you.
:lol:

b/c once students aren't forced to learn under the union monopoly school system and the kids are doing WAY better, people will start to wonder why their tax money is getting wasted.

plus it keeps inner city poor, dumb, poor and dependent on them for help

29lh92a.jpg

I'm a Leftist? Who knew?

Lol. You wish. And your party is dismantling, disarming and eroding the integrity of our military as fast as they can.

Yeah until your presidential wannabee started trashing military heroes.

Forum List

Back