Why is saying a black person looks like a monkey racist?

No it isnt. Of course, maybe i am biased. I am not mentally weak enough to let someones thoughts about me bring me down.
Words do not hurt someone. The receiver lets them hurt them. Words can NOT hurt anything.
Goddamn OL, we cant even agree on the meaning of the word racism.. REALITY.
People do their own thing with words. If the individual wasnt the one to let words hurt them, words would hurt everyone. REALITY.
Emotion is strictly dependent on the individual. REALITY
I know what racism means. I have a dictionary. I assure you, my dictionary does not emote.
So what is it then?
Google it. If you have any questions, I'll be glad to translate.
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
Agreed?
That's what I heard, too. Yes.
so how is saying a person looks like an animal racist?
I think valerie jarret looks like a monkey. Does that mean i think the black race is inferior to the white race?

Is applying a "negative stereotype" to one person, imply an entire race of people all over the world are inferior?
Maybe im just being technical.

I agree with your approach. Liberals want to eliminate bias and inequality by forcing us to be nice to everyone. I'd prefer we eliminate bias and inequality by being assholes to everyone.

Is applying a "negative stereotype" to one person, imply an entire race of people all over the world are inferior?

I agree with your approach. Liberals want to eliminate bias and inequality by forcing us to be nice to everyone. I'd prefer we eliminate bias and inequality by being assholes to everyone.
I would rather everyone be assholes, than not being able to express themselves.

I know what racism means. I have a dictionary. I assure you, my dictionary does not emote.
So what is it then?
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
Agreed?
I think valerie jarret looks like a monkey. Does that mean i think the black race is inferior to the white race?
Comparing black people to apes and monkeys, as you know, has been used for a very long time to diss black people. So yeah, comparing a black woman to an ape is feeding into the insulting stereotype. I do hear your argument, but it's a complaint you'll just need to live with, I think. Saying McConnell looks like a turtle is also true, but that is specific to him and his goofy neck and head. There aren't hundreds of years of racial insults behind the comparison to a turtle.
Just try to live with the fact that if a black person looks like an ape, you need to keep it to yourself. As your mother would have told you, anyway.

Why?

Comparing black people to apes and monkeys, as you know, has been used for a very long time to diss black people. So yeah, comparing a black woman to an ape is feeding into the insulting stereotype.

Then again, comparing a white person to a black person could be just as much of a "diss" if the one doing the comparing believes that white people are better than black people--or that they're supposed to be better than black people. Ergo, comparing a white person to an ape should be equally a "diss" from the perspective of an individual who does not believe white people are superior to black people.

Why?

1. It's more fun.
2. It separates the weak from the strong.
3. It plays to my natural talents.

So what is it then?
Agreed?
Comparing black people to apes and monkeys, as you know, has been used for a very long time to diss black people. So yeah, comparing a black woman to an ape is feeding into the insulting stereotype. I do hear your argument, but it's a complaint you'll just need to live with, I think. Saying McConnell looks like a turtle is also true, but that is specific to him and his goofy neck and head. There aren't hundreds of years of racial insults behind the comparison to a turtle.
Just try to live with the fact that if a black person looks like an ape, you need to keep it to yourself. As your mother would have told you, anyway.
I dont appease bedwetters and wannabe victims. You know that lol
It isnt racist. Someone elses context has nothing to do with my opinion.
Does Roseanne think blacks are inferior? Maybe but her tweet doesnt imply that at all.
For all we know, she might have just thought she was iranian, like most people did. Because that is where she was born.
I probably will have to live with it, because victimization and emotional weakness is slowly becoming an american trend.

Why?

1. It's more fun.
2. It separates the weak from the strong.
3. It plays to my natural talents.
Did you just make an ass fucking joke? I hope so, cause if you did, that was awesome! lol

Comparing black people to apes and monkeys, as you know, has been used for a very long time to diss black people. So yeah, comparing a black woman to an ape is feeding into the insulting stereotype.

Then again, comparing a white person to a black person could be just as much of a "diss" if the one doing the comparing believes that white people are better than black people--or that they're supposed to be better than black people. Ergo, comparing a white person to an ape should be equally a "diss" from the perspective of an individual who does not believe white people are superior to black people.
If you tell someone they're about as smart as your cocker spaniel, do you think they'd take it as a compliment?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

If you tell someone they're about as smart as your cocker spaniel, do you think they'd take it as a compliment?
th

th
Refusing to discuss a stupid point isn't the same as missing it.

Some quiet racist Whites just hold a serious need to lift themselves up, by putting others down. Their opinions need to slice into people and cut them up , and they gain a weird sense of power from this. In another example, they use their perverted reasoning ; if I call you ugly - and its true , then its not an insult. So they bypass the chance to show respect for others and choose to disrespect others, and that is a " Pacification of self." They can only feel strong by considering others as weak.

Agreed?
I dont appease bedwetters and wannabe victims. You know that lol
It isnt racist. Someone elses context has nothing to do with my opinion.
Does Roseanne think blacks are inferior? Maybe but her tweet doesnt imply that at all.
For all we know, she might have just thought she was iranian, like most people did. Because that is where she was born.
I probably will have to live with it, because victimization and emotional weakness is slowly becoming an american trend.

The tweet was racist. Period. You cry about being called white and are here taking abut emotional weakness.

Its really the other language that is associated with calling black people monkeys... including the "n" word and derogatory remarks and comments. If white racist weren't so mean we could probably say whatever we want without anyone getting their feelings hurt. But people died so it kinda hits home for us!

So what is it then?
Agreed?
Yes

Forum List

Back