Why is saying a black person looks like a monkey racist?

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
Agreed?
That's what I heard, too. Yes.
so how is saying a person looks like an animal racist?
I think valerie jarret looks like a monkey. Does that mean i think the black race is inferior to the white race?
Comparing black people to apes and monkeys, as you know, has been used for a very long time to diss black people. So yeah, comparing a black woman to an ape is feeding into the insulting stereotype. I do hear your argument, but it's a complaint you'll just need to live with, I think. Saying McConnell looks like a turtle is also true, but that is specific to him and his goofy neck and head. There aren't hundreds of years of racial insults behind the comparison to a turtle.
Just try to live with the fact that if a black person looks like an ape, you need to keep it to yourself. As your mother would have told you, anyway.
I dont appease bedwetters and wannabe victims. You know that lol
It isnt racist. Someone elses context has nothing to do with my opinion.
Does Roseanne think blacks are inferior? Maybe but her tweet doesnt imply that at all.
For all we know, she might have just thought she was iranian, like most people did. Because that is where she was born.
I probably will have to live with it, because victimization and emotional weakness is slowly becoming an american trend.

The tweet was racist. Period. You cry about being called white and are here taking abut emotional weakness.
Bless your little victimized heart :gay:

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
Agreed?
That's what I heard, too. Yes.
so how is saying a person looks like an animal racist?
I think valerie jarret looks like a monkey. Does that mean i think the black race is inferior to the white race?
Comparing black people to apes and monkeys, as you know, has been used for a very long time to diss black people. So yeah, comparing a black woman to an ape is feeding into the insulting stereotype. I do hear your argument, but it's a complaint you'll just need to live with, I think. Saying McConnell looks like a turtle is also true, but that is specific to him and his goofy neck and head. There aren't hundreds of years of racial insults behind the comparison to a turtle.
Just try to live with the fact that if a black person looks like an ape, you need to keep it to yourself. As your mother would have told you, anyway.
I dont appease bedwetters and wannabe victims. You know that lol
It isnt racist. Someone elses context has nothing to do with my opinion.
Does Roseanne think blacks are inferior? Maybe but her tweet doesnt imply that at all.
For all we know, she might have just thought she was iranian, like most people did. Because that is where she was born.
I probably will have to live with it, because victimization and emotional weakness is slowly becoming an american trend.

The tweet was racist. Period. You cry about being called white and are here taking abut emotional weakness.
No, it wasn't.
And she does look like an Ape.

Why are whites here trying to defend their right to call blacks apes?

Why was Bush compared to an ape?

The last time I looked he wasn't black.

bush-monkey.jpeg

Bush Looks An Awful Lot Like A Monkey
By Bob Cesca

The right-wing talking heads have been hitting this “Bin Laden sounds like [insert Democratic name here]” talking point around the clock since the audio recording was released last week. The point seems to be that Bin Laden hates America; Bin Laden sounds like [Democrat]; therefore [Democrat] hates America.

So in the interest of perpetuating the same line of reasoning, let’s review an equally ridiculous equation.

bush-monkey-cesca.jpg

Okay sure. He looks monkeyesque. But that doesn’t mean he’s literally a monkey. And when news of a monkey hits the mainstream media, has Chris Matthews wasted valuable spittle and airtime remarking, “You know that monkey looks an awful lot like George W. Bush (spit, spit, spit).”?

How fired would more progressive MSNBC hosts like Keith Olbermann or Ron Reagan be if they reported on the dwindling mountain gorilla population in Africa and followed it up with a comment like, “By the way, Bush kind of looks like a monkey and those apes in Africa are losing ground much like Bush’s approval ratings. Get it? Bush is like a monkey.”

Bush Looks An Awful Lot Like A Monkey | HuffPost

When will white people look at black people as equals? :/

bush-monkey.jpeg
Because in that photo he looked like a chimp

But guess what?
It is OK to say a white person an ape but unacceptable to call a black person an ape

Sucks being you
Double standards built around racism are racist.
It is a matter of historical perspective

Whites referred to blacks as nothing more than Apes and gave them no more legal standing than an animal would have. While the Civil War May have freed them from bondage, Blacks were still referred to as apes and treated as such. They were so “unclean” that they were legally barred from using public restroooms, drinking fountains, restaurants and hotels

Now while George Bush was compared to a chimp, he was not barred from using public restrooms or drinking fountains because of it

When whites can show they were treated the same, they can legitimately claim the reference to apes is as offensive as it is to blacks

bush-monkey.jpeg

But guess what?
It is OK to say a white person an ape but unacceptable to call a black person an ape

Sucks being you

Whites referred to blacks as nothing more than Apes and gave them no more legal standing than an animal would have. While the Civil War May have freed them from bondage, Blacks were still referred to as apes and treated as such. They were so “unclean” that they were legally barred from using public restroooms, drinking fountains, restaurants and hotels

Now while George Bush was compared to a chimp, he was not barred from using public restrooms or drinking fountains because of it

When whites can show they were treated the same, they can legitimately claim the reference to apes is as offensive as it is to blacks
Bullshit.
You are taking someone elses intent and implying it to innocent people. Its pathetic.
Blacks are equal to whites. Stop with the racism already. Blacks dont need special rights and protections; from the government or society. They arent helpless.

bush-monkey.jpeg

But guess what?

Sucks being you

Bullshit.
You are taking someone elses intent and implying it to innocent people. Its pathetic.
Blacks are equal to whites. Stop with the racism already. Blacks dont need special rights and protections; from the government or society. They arent helpless.

No, they are not helpless

They are capable of getting someone fired for referring to them as apes
When they were helpless, they had to just take the abuse and say, yes sir....yes sir

bush-monkey.jpeg

But guess what?

Sucks being you

Bullshit.

No, they are not helpless

They are capable of getting someone fired for referring to them as apes
When they were helpless, they had to just take the abuse and say, yes sir....yes sir
The monkey look a like didnt get her fired

bush-monkey.jpeg

But guess what?

Sucks being you

So I take it you are black?

You realize that white people also evolved from apes?

How is ANYONE a racist for claiming someone resembles and ape?

bush-monkey.jpeg

But guess what?

Sucks being you

This is getting straight out stupid.

bush-monkey.jpeg

But guess what?

Sucks being you

They did?

Then how did whites justify 250 years of keeping blacks as slaves and treating them like animals?

bush-monkey.jpeg

But guess what?

Sucks being you

This is getting straight out stupid.

Science denial?

Forum List

Back