Why is Sarah supporting Newt?

Because her nutty fundie religious beliefs make her hate Catholics and Mormons.

Newt's a catholic. I dont think your premise follows.

Her issues with Santorum isnt Catholicism. It's Statements Santorum made about her to create conflict between them, from what Im told.

No idea why she doesnt care for Romney. I doubt Mormonism has anything to do with it though. Probably more Romneycare.

OOPS. I should have gone with my second reason:

She's trying to make Todd jealous.

Why do you care?

should he not care about politics?

I thought that's why we're all here :)

No, I mean why does he care who sarah palin supports?

Palin is clearly illustrating her egotistic, sadistic character. She knows full well that Newt doesn't have a chance to win the GOP nod. She is supporting him only in an effort to create chaos and discourse in the GOP. She is hoping that if Newt can gain enough support to keep the "anyone but Mitt" crowd on the sidelines, then eventually the party fathers will come to her to save the day. She is delusional as usual.

We sometimes say Party over Country. In Palin's case it is Sarah over Party over Country.

Last edited:
should he not care about politics?

I thought that's why we're all here :)

No, I mean why does he care who sarah palin supports?

Palin is clearly illustrating her egotistic, sadistic character. She knows full well that Newt doesn't have a chance to win the GOP nod. She is supporting him only in an effort to create chaos and discourse in the GOP. She is hoping that if Newt can gain enough support to keep the "anyone but Mitt" crowd on the sidelines, then eventually the party fathers will come to her to save the day. She is delusional as usual.

We sometimes say Party over Country. In Palin's case it is Sarah over Party over Country.
That doesn't answer my question....

Didn't Palin jump on the Newt bandwagon while he had a bandwagon? Didn't she kind of get stuck with him?

I agree with this, she also didn't fully commit because she was not really sure, but she said some really dumb ass shit, like annoy a liberal and vote for Newt. Palin proved she was a fake because of this to many people, I think.

Now, I have never, ever cared about what Palin says, still don't... and if it was not for these baords I wouldn't know she still says anything, but because it's here I comment.

What Newt has stood for, both during his political career and during this campaign, sits in total contradiction to what Palin has stood for since becoming a public figure. She's for small government; he's shown a disturbing penchant for big government solutions. She champions Washington outsiders and rails against the establishment; he's the epitome of establishment, and has been firmly encamped inside the Beltway for decades. The very people who appreciate Palin should be the same people who despise Gingrich.
Not really.

Palin is as much a big-government, inside the Beltway rightist as is Gingrich. Instead of ‘big’ Federal government, she wants big state government to decide for Americans what rights they will have and won’t have, such as the right to privacy with regard to abortion and the right to equal access to the laws with regard to same sex couples and marriage.

She and Gingrich are very similar in their disdain for the Constitution, its case law, and the rule of law – Palin’s support of Gingrich is perfectly understandable and consistent.

It’s not surprising a blind partisan such as Cupp can’t see that.

She is hoping Newt can win some states in the south and create chaos in the Republican Party. Honestly, that is her only chance to have any influence at the convention.

That would depend upon whom she’s perceived to ‘speak for’ during the convention, given the TPM has been kept out of the process and rendered irrelevant.

Forum List

Back