Why is nobody talking about the illegal imprisonment of Kaci Hickox?

SwimExpert

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2013
Her name is Kaci Hickox.

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

In life, members of project America have names. Her name is Kaci Hickox.

kaci.jpg

Members of project America also have rights. They have the right to move about and live their lives without the government arbitrarily arresting and imprisoning them without good cause. Or, as a wiser man once said: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized. So why is nobody talking about Kaci Hickox? Why has nobody objected? Why is it that no one has blinked an eye? That Kaci Hickox can be arrested and imprisoned without warrant, without probable cause, without so much as a sneeze or even a whisper is testament of the power of Ebola fever--that most dangerous of diseases whereby fear dissolves all reason and love for liberty.

This is the United States of goddamned America! Is there none left who cherish their liberty?

Not one false conservative who claims to abhor over intrusive government has said a thing. Nor one Democrat who allege to stand guard against abuses the states may make against the principles of our federal protections. None can seem to give care of what this portends of the freedom of every single citizen. I challenge you now, look upon the face of Kaci Hickox and ignore this travesty of justice.

• Banned
She should be kept in quarantine until there is no threat of contagion. There is no civil right to spread a deadly disease.

Spoken like a true left wing imbecile. There is already no threat of contagion. More importantly, there is no legal grounds to imprison her. And no grounds for a liberty loving people to tolerate such an imprisonment.

The people that know her are planning to sue for her release.. The gov. changed the rules to allow those exposed to stay in their homes...

She should be kept in quarantine until there is no threat of contagion. There is no civil right to spread a deadly disease.

Spoken like a true left wing imbecile. There is already no threat of contagion. More importantly, there is no legal grounds to imprison her. And no grounds for a liberty loving people to tolerate such an imprisonment.

Fine, but what then has to happen is she can be held criminally liable for anyone who gets sick from contact with her if she ends up being infected.

She should also be sued by them civilly.

In every crisis the pedulum usual swings a little bit far. The government, and a lot of people, have made ebola the disease if the day.

Yes, if she is free of the disease she should be allowed to do as she wishes. If it takes a few days to determine that fact she should be willing as should all Americans.

A swing and a miss...

In every crisis the pedulum usual swings a little bit far. The government, and a lot of people, have made ebola the disease if the day.

Yes, if she is free of the disease she should be allowed to do as she wishes. If it takes a few days to determine that fact she should be willing as should all Americans.

The government went from under-reaction to over-reaction. They can correct the situation easily.

1. Pass a quarantine law if one is already not on the books.
2. Have each quarantine case presented before a judge.

That's the proper way to make a quarantine order legal.

The government went from under-reaction to over-reaction. They can correct the situation easily.

Yes, that was my point the pedulum will swing the other way then center itself.

But that only happens when we know for sure, as we can, what we are up against.

If this contagion something we need worry about? If not why not? Why should I worry about AIDS, I am not going to get AIDS, or I doubt it.

Such drama. The bigger question is why she didn't volunteer for it if there was any chance she could pass it on? I don't think they are doing it for the pleasure of denying someone freedom of movement.

Authority. In order to prevent the spread of disease, the state department of health, and the local boards of health within their respective jurisdictions and subject to the state sanitary code, shall have power to maintain and enforce proper and sufficient quarantine, wherever deemed necessary.
State Quarantine and Isolation Statutes

Seems Christie overstepped

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

In life, members of project America have names. Her name is Kaci Hickox.

kaci.jpg

Members of project America also have rights. They have the right to move about and live their lives without the government arbitrarily arresting and imprisoning them without good cause. Or, as a wiser man once said: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized. So why is nobody talking about Kaci Hickox? Why has nobody objected? Why is it that no one has blinked an eye? That Kaci Hickox can be arrested and imprisoned without warrant, without probable cause, without so much as a sneeze or even a whisper is testament of the power of Ebola fever--that most dangerous of diseases whereby fear dissolves all reason and love for liberty.

This is the United States of goddamned America! Is there none left who cherish their liberty?

Not one false conservative who claims to abhor over intrusive government has said a thing. Nor one Democrat who allege to stand guard against abuses the states may make against the principles of our federal protections. None can seem to give care of what this portends of the freedom of every single citizen. I challenge you now, look upon the face of Kaci Hickox and ignore this travesty of justice.

They have the right to move about and live their lives without the government arbitrarily arresting and imprisoning them without good cause.

I think I've discovered the source of your confusion.

Yes, that was my point the pedulum will swing the other way then center itself.

But that only happens when we know for sure, as we can, what we are up against.

If this contagion something we need worry about? If not why not? Why should I worry about AIDS, I am not going to get AIDS, or I doubt it.

It already is re-setting itself, Cuomo is changing some of the procedures, and I'm sure Christie will modify NJ's as well.

FREAKING OUT is acting like this nurse has been wrongfully 'imprisoned' or 'treated like a criminal'.

imo she looks like an arrogant twit for threatening to sue new jersey as they scramble to protect citizens from winding up in quarantine themselves!

in the meantime new york decided on a compromise going forward which would allow people like her to go home and self isolate...

Authority. In order to prevent the spread of disease, the state department of health, and the local boards of health within their respective jurisdictions and subject to the state sanitary code, shall have power to maintain and enforce proper and sufficient quarantine, wherever deemed necessary.
State Quarantine and Isolation Statutes

Seems Christie overstepped

The State DOH is an agency that operates at the behest of the governor. I'm not sure how Christie telling the DOH to impose a quarantine is overstepping his bounds.

This is not a case of left vs. right.

It is simply a case of either having common sense or not having any at all.

Forum List

Back