why is it so important to prove god does not exist.....

so the catholics prevented people from voting because they don't believe in god?

wow, you'd think something like that would make the news.

It did. See Archbishop Ray Burke's political input since the 90s.

so this archbishop prevented people from casting their votes?
bullshit.

In fact, he called for restricting the euchrist from democratic politicians. Which, in the dogma junkie world translates into a pretty clear message. Do you want links to this rather significant controversy or should I just take your word that it never happened?

Oh the sarcasm was obvious. As was you repeatedly giving God credit for how people voted.

If I'm wrong, why are you arguing with Del? All he has been saying all along is that God isn't responsible for how these people voted.

Yep. pwned! :thup:

the belief system IS, regardless of the reality of a god. And, really dude, are you seriously going to suggest that every time someone uses the parlaince of our times and says "thank god" in sarcasm that they are validating the reality of a god? I hope you've never heard someone get frustrated and say yhey are "going to kill" someone. They probably really mean it!

I argue with del because it's fun. How many times have you ever seen me choose NOT to argue with someone? If he needs clarification I am more than happy to provide such. If Ray Burke tells catholics that christians only vote republican it's PROBABLY NOT LOST ON MANY that his statement is based on more than his mere OPINION, be it a tangible god OR merely faith the belief of god.

I've told you before.. THIS is why you remain the understudy.

This is the closest I've EVER seen you get to acknowledging you were wrong. Considering how many times you HAVE been wrong, this is significan progress.

Keep it up. :thup:

Perhaps there is hope for you yet.

It did. See Archbishop Ray Burke's political input since the 90s.

bullshit.

In fact, he called for restricting the euchrist from democratic politicians. Which, in the dogma junkie world translates into a pretty clear message. Do you want links to this rather significant controversy or should I just take your word that it never happened?

and that prevented people from voting how? more to the point, that prevented nonbelieving people from voting how?

Because you use God to stop stem cell research.

No one has stopped Stem cell research. Or even tried to.

You use God to discriminate against gays

Gays have the same right as everyone else. They dont, however, have the right to impose their viewpoints on a majority of Americans. Exactly as no one else has a right to impose their viewpoints on a majority fo Americans.

You paint liberals as godless

How do you paint someone who denies the existance of God as godless? If you dont want to be considered godless. Dont deny His existance. Seems pretty self explanatory.

Because more wars have been started over religion than any other reason.

Obviously, you havent done much study because that claim is total bs.

More wars have started over politics. Someone wants power from someone else and decides to take it by force. Sometimes those people claim to justify their horrendous actions with religion.

However, any intelligent person realizes that the justification isnt the reason. It's just their excuse.

Care to show any data or facts to back up that baseless claim?

bullshit.

and that prevented people from voting how? more to the point, that prevented nonbelieving people from voting how?
I understand he tied them up and kept them in his basement.

I don't think it's important to prove that God doesn't exist. I don't think it's important to prove that God exists.

I think its important to point out that people have concepts about what God is--and that the concepts are not God.

That statement is either incredibly profound or incredibly without any meaning whatsoever.

I can't tell.

Well, chances are you don't think it's profound. I think what separates us are concepts about God.

It's quite difficult to get two people to agree on what God is. We're limited by words and concepts.

You cannot really describe what a peach tastes like and give someone the equivalent experience.

You have to taste the experience yourself--and words are not adequate. It's the same with a transcendent experience. As soon as you limit yourself to putting it in words--you've already lost the taste of it.

IMO. "That which cannot be imagined or described" is the divine essence. 'divine essence' is just words.

swimmie's a bishop!?!?!?
actually, that would explain a lot. :lol:

I don't think it's important to prove that God doesn't exist. I don't think it's important to prove that God exists.

I think its important to point out that people have concepts about what God is--and that the concepts are not God.

That statement is either incredibly profound or incredibly without any meaning whatsoever.

I can't tell.

Well, chances are you don't think it's profound. I think what separates us are concepts about God.

It's quite difficult to get two people to agree on what God is. We're limited by words and concepts.

You cannot really describe what a peach tastes like and give someone the equivalent experience.

You have to taste the experience yourself--and words are not adequate. It's the same with a transcendent experience. As soon as you limit yourself to putting it in words--you've already lost the taste of it.

IMO. "That which cannot be imagined or described" is the divine essence. 'divine essence' is just words.

True...when you can include what god isn't in some others view and treat that with respect then the dialog will have standing with me.

well.....seems odd in america a country partly founded by people fleeing religious persecution with laws protecting us from a government run by the church or a church run by the government and laws protecting ones right to practice whatever religion one wants....

that there are people that seek to denigrate people that believe in god and seem bent on trying to prove god doesn't exist......

why do some of you feel so compelled......

why do people feel compelled to beg for the love of a god that is not proven to exist?

certainly if one can believe with no proof of god's existence, one can also not believe and look for proof of gods nonexistence.

Last edited:
Oh the sarcasm was obvious. As was you repeatedly giving God credit for how people voted.

If I'm wrong, why are you arguing with Del? All he has been saying all along is that God isn't responsible for how these people voted.

Yep. pwned! :thup:

the belief system IS, regardless of the reality of a god. And, really dude, are you seriously going to suggest that every time someone uses the parlaince of our times and says "thank god" in sarcasm that they are validating the reality of a god? I hope you've never heard someone get frustrated and say yhey are "going to kill" someone. They probably really mean it!

I argue with del because it's fun. How many times have you ever seen me choose NOT to argue with someone? If he needs clarification I am more than happy to provide such. If Ray Burke tells catholics that christians only vote republican it's PROBABLY NOT LOST ON MANY that his statement is based on more than his mere OPINION, be it a tangible god OR merely faith the belief of god.

I've told you before.. THIS is why you remain the understudy.

This is the closest I've EVER seen you get to acknowledging you were wrong. Considering how many times you HAVE been wrong, this is significan progress.

Keep it up. :thup:

Perhaps there is hope for you yet.

I didn't acknowledge that I was wrong so much as I helped you understand why my sarcasm is funnier than your comprehension skills are savvy.

Like I said, understudy, you've been basking in my shadow since your first day. Try not to make it so obvious in the future. I doubt that your constant yearning to be like me makes Ravi's pussy wet.

bullshit.

it made a direct association between voting democrat and the threat of hell. For real, dude. Did you say you are a lawyer?

non-believers are not the issue here. Dogma junkies and their marching orders are. Did you think you were posting in a thread asking why it's important to prove that the FSM doesn't exist?

you mgiht be confusing Burke with a few OTHER catholic priests.... But hey... the church probably didn't flex their muscle and have a hand in sweeping THAT under the rug either.. oh wait...

it made a direct association between voting democrat and the threat of hell. For real, dude. Did you say you are a lawyer?

non-believers are not the issue here. Dogma junkies and their marching orders are. Did you think you were posting in a thread asking why it's important to prove that the FSM doesn't exist?

aren't non-believers that want to eliminate and or silence religon dogma junkies in their own right.....

:rofl:

The idea that I seek to be anything like you is as laughable as you are an ignorant pussy. :lol:

I'll probably believe that statement a little more when you stop trying to sniff my taint at every turn on this forum.

I can't tell.

True...when you can include what god isn't in some others view and treat that with respect then the dialog will have standing with me.

she did that in her first post.....

aren't non-believers that want to eliminate and or silence religon dogma junkies in their own right.....
not at all. How many non-believers are out vocally trying to restrict your PERSONAL christian choices in any way, shape or form? How many christians can't live their PERSONAL christian lives because an atheist doesn't like what you do behind your closed door? I HOPE that you fucking cry about prayer in schools and other methods of dogma junkie pusher behaviour, dude. I really do.

silly me, i thought a thread entitled why is it so important to prove god does not exist..... might have something to do with non believers.:eek:

let me know when you decide the final resting place for the goalposts.

what a loser. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Suggested reading, " What's so great about Christianity," by Dinesh D'Souza, he answers those questions.

Forum List

Back