Why is it ok for liberals to

Obviously not. Only flip and disrespectful comments great.

I think you're missing the point of what I'm saying.

There's nothing you can do about it, except control your own civility. Other people are not your, nor my responsibility.

The irony of calls for civility coming from someone with the screen name "Barry Sucks" is pretty excellent, as well.

he's a typical rightwingnut ... free speech is great.. when it's what they want to hear. he wouldn't understand the 1st amendment if it bit him in the butt.

luckily, the first amendment doesn't care if what we hear offends us.

You're confusing apples with oranges. I never said anyone's free speech should be limited. People have a right to say whatever they want, but the public scorn for what is being said, imo is much less for negative attachments towards certain groups, and I don't thinks that's right.

openly mock, or add negative connotations to whites, males, Christians, and old people?

We see this all the time. How did this come to be? Is it going to change? What can we do change this?

This:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Same reason pseudo-cons can openly lie about anything and everything. No it's not going to change unless we amend the constitution.

btw, completely hilarious coming from a handle like Barry44sucks who is by his own handle openly mocking the President.

Ok, I do admit the screen name I chose was inappropriate. It was meant as light hearted humor. Some people seem to not get past the screen name, and I guess that's my fault.

I'm not calling for a different tone in civility, what I'm saying is that its become acceptable for people in our society to use racist rhetoric, sexism, ageism, and make anti-Christian references.

This type of behavior is commonly accepted, and promoted by liberals, and it rarely gets challenged.

But I guess it's OK to say disrespectful things against Gays, Women who choose to end a pregnancy and people who aren't Christian, but some other religion. Hey, if you want to get on your high horse, let's also throw in Obese people, the poor and working poor, addicts and the mentally ill/developmentally disabled.

All I'll say is this... If you're going to jump up on a stump and cry foul, realize that there are more people than those you mentioned who get evil rhetoric and hatred.

So... are you REALLY outraged by the hate and Rhetoric... or are you only outraged when it's people similar to you who are getting slammed?

You can't on one hand say "people are talking hatred towards Christians" then demonize every non-christian religion. You can't say People are slamming women, then condemn women who have an abortion as "sluts who should burn in hell".

I personally don't think that either side is right when they take the low road like that. But I don't think the poor are just "lazy", I don't think homosexuality is always just a "choice", and I refuse to condemn a scared pregnant teenager to hell for ending an unwanted pregnancy. I don't hate old people, Whites, Blacks, Christians, Muslims or anyone else. I don't pick and choose who to hate. As a Christian, I try to love and understand all. do I fail? Sure... I am human.

...commies, pervs, sponges, parasites etc. This is what happens when a society becomes polarized. Nothing can be done about it legally. It takes individuals to drop their pride & groupie mentality to be able to approach the so called 'other side'(this is ridiculous as we're all americans!) to start reconciliation. Next a common sense approach to getting back to the instructions(constitution) our country came with is needed. See, our constitution is what keeps us from becoming polarized!
Let me give you an example. i belong to a lifestyle where we share one another. I have belonged to this particular house for just over two years. We have a 'core' membership of about 25/30 playmates. we have playmates that are liberals, independents, conservatives & me, the lone libertarian. In between play members go out to the smoking deck to relax, eat &/or smoke.
Politics often come up, but guess what??? We don't call each other names & argue among ourselves like the dnc/gop supporters do in these political forums. We actually discuss what each sees as problems plaguing all of us, then try to arrive at what is the best course for us to take for everyone. The female playmates are mostly concerned about their kids future well being, & the male playmates are mostly concerned about their employment/financial future.
The point being we could simply care less about our playmates political/social orientation. I mean i got female playmates that are more liberal than hillary clinton & others that are more conservative than margaret thatcher. Like we could not get along better & i mean all of us!!!
I just can't understand why folks wanna squabble, whine & bitch when they could be eating, socializing & playing with their playmates???? Until people in america start taking their neighbors as their fellow countrymen, value their instructions(constitution), & use a little 'golden rule' ideology this ridiculous name calling, whining, bitching & squabbling will haunt americans to their graves. The ole phrase of... "make love not war" is not just aimed at military conflicts!!!

tfmi

openly mock, or add negative connotations to whites, males, Christians, and old people?

We see this all the time. How did this come to be? Is it going to change? What can we do change this?

the answer my friend is written in the wind. there is a black guy in the WH cries of racism are heard more than ever, rich white men namely Jews control most of the wealth of the world.. see? so you will have to listen to the "diverse" crowd scream for economic and social justice..

The more important question than the OP..

Why is it "bigotry" and "racism" when Christians and whites jeer at people for their socioeconomic status, their color, their belief system...but it's "free speech" when libs do it?

The more important question than the OP..

Why is it "bigotry" and "racism" when Christians and whites jeer at people for their socioeconomic status, their color, their belief system...but it's "free speech" when libs do it?

This is brilliant! You have essentially stated that there are no christians or whites who are also liberal. Brilliant.

Er, no, I haven't stated that. Allegedly Christian liberals on this site are some of the worst offenders I've seen. The fact that they are so willing to throw fellow Christians under the bus makes one question their salvation, however.

Er, no, I haven't stated that. Allegedly Christian liberals on this site are some of the worst offenders I've seen. The fact that they are so willing to throw fellow Christians under the bus makes one question their salvation, however.

really? The only people I have ever "thrown under the bus" are the "Let them Eat Cakers" out there... THEY ARE NOT CHRISTIAN, even if they call themselves such.

The narrow path is the way to the Lord. It's much easier to bash the poor, the disaffected, and the outcasts than it is to stick up for them. You Christian Conservatives love to have your circle jerks throwing other Christians under the bus simply because they can't afford to live in their own country because of a huge disparity of wealth that is almost wholly concentrated at the top 1%.

A real Christian would be looking at our country's situation from the point of view of our weakest citizens... not our strongest.

My point is that I in no way implied or stated that Christians can't be liberal. But continue to obfuscate if you like.

No... reread what I quoted from you. Christian liberals are the "worst offenders", "throwing fellow Christians under the bus"?

YOU said that. had nothing to do with "Christians can't be liberal".

I double dare you to read all the posts on the first page alone from our upstanding Christian Conservatives. They are the most hateful people on this board and you have the nerve to say that Liberal Christians are the "worst offenders"? Once again... don't think politics... look at the rhetoric alone from the point of view of our weakest.

Would you be so kind as to point out examples of this from the forums? Please include full context so we can be clear about the intent of the writer(s) in question.

The idea that this goes unchallenged is funny, by the way.

lol, there are fools openly mocking Christianity in this thread.

In my many debates I've had with liberals, all of a sudden they will just say something negative about whites, Christians, etc..... even though topic being discused has nothing to do with any of that....i'm not saying all liberals, but from where I stand, a good amount.

get over it

Well tell the faggots, dikes, blacks, mexicans, muslims, buddhists, atheists and lesbos to get the hell over it too, right?

Forum List

Back