Hollywood Rallies Behind Elizabeth Warren to Take Massachusetts Tea Party Senate Seat

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Hollywood Rallies Behind Elizabeth Warren to Take Massachusetts Tea Party Senate Seat (Exclusive) - The Hollywood Reporter

Norman Lear, Barbra Streisand and Hans Zimmer are among those who will host a fundraiser for the former Obama advisor at the Lear estate on Nov. 1.
Massachusetts senatorial candidate Elizabeth Warren is Democratic Hollywood's new "It girl," a status that will be ratified Tuesday, Nov. 1 when the party's local elder statesman, Norman Lear, and his wife Lynn host a fundraiser for the Harvard Law professor and consumer advocate, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
OUR EDITOR RECOMMENDS

The event's cohosts include a cross section of the Democrats' industry reliables, including Barbra Streisand, Steve Bing, Rhea Perlman, Danny DeVito, Marge Tabankin, Hans Zimmer and Lorraine and Sid Sheinberg. Donations are scaled from $1,000 to $5,000 with organizers anticipating a large crowd gathering for the fundraiser the Lear estate.
<more>

I think the point of the article was that None of them lived there.

If they want to dump there cash into that seat, more power to them. It will be good for MASS. Warren does not look like that good a candidate to me. Not that any democrat does. But from what I have seen, Brown has proven relatively popular.

it's good that the carpetbagging bitch gets her money from out of state.

i guess seti warren getting bigfooted is payback for hillary getting her ass booted by obama.

i do admire the symmetry :thup:

if you think scott brown was elected by the tea party, you've never been here. :lol:

I think the point of the article was that None of them lived there.

If they want to dump there cash into that seat, more power to them. It will be good for MASS. Warren does not look like that good a candidate to me. Not that any democrat does. But from what I have seen, Brown has proven relatively popular.

That's what I gleaned.

Hollywood Rallies Behind Elizabeth Warren to Take Massachusetts Tea Party Senate Seat (Exclusive) - The Hollywood Reporter

Norman Lear, Barbra Streisand and Hans Zimmer are among those who will host a fundraiser for the former Obama advisor at the Lear estate on Nov. 1.
Massachusetts senatorial candidate Elizabeth Warren is Democratic Hollywood's new "It girl," a status that will be ratified Tuesday, Nov. 1 when the party's local elder statesman, Norman Lear, and his wife Lynn host a fundraiser for the Harvard Law professor and consumer advocate, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
OUR EDITOR RECOMMENDS

The event's cohosts include a cross section of the Democrats' industry reliables, including Barbra Streisand, Steve Bing, Rhea Perlman, Danny DeVito, Marge Tabankin, Hans Zimmer and Lorraine and Sid Sheinberg. Donations are scaled from $1,000 to $5,000 with organizers anticipating a large crowd gathering for the fundraiser the Lear estate.
<more>
Yeah and? A bunch of Hollywood elitist libs are campaigning for a candidate from a state in which they do not live. These are precisely the type of political contributions that many on both sides of the aisle are complaining about.
The only interest these Hollywood people have in Warren is the advancement of the liberal/progressive agenda which for the last 5 years has been damaging the nation's economy, put people out of work and collapsed the housing market.
These entertainment people are filthy rich. The very same people the left says do not pay their fair share of taxes.
Because they are backing a lib, you are beside yourself with joy.
Hypocrisy!

She has already SURGED to the top of the polls.

Basically Scottie is TOAST!

i wouldn't count on it. not everyone's thrilled about her, most especially the other candidates who actually live here.

no matter what, this guy got fucked. he paid his dues, he'd be a pretty good candidate and he was the presumptive candidate, but the DNC apparently decided to ram the other warren into the slot.

i can't say whether or not i would have voted for mr warren, but for sure i'll vote for brown if the carpetbagger is the other candidate.

SETTI%20WARREN,%20Newton%20MA%20mayor-elect%20%28Lolita%20Parker%20Jr,%20BayStateBanner%29.jpg

setti_logo.png

i wouldn't count on it. not everyone's thrilled about her, most especially the other candidates who actually live here.

no matter what, this guy got fucked. he paid his dues, he'd be a pretty good candidate and he was the presumptive candidate, but the DNC apparently decided to ram the other warren into the slot.

i can't say whether or not i would have voted for mr warren, but for sure i'll vote for brown if the carpetbagger is the other candidate.

SETTI%20WARREN,%20Newton%20MA%20mayor-elect%20%28Lolita%20Parker%20Jr,%20BayStateBanner%29.jpg

setti_logo.png
You seem pretty hostile to the candidate.

What do you have against Elizabeth Warren?

Be specific.

setti_logo.png
You seem pretty hostile to the candidate.

What do you have against Elizabeth Warren?

Be specific.

what part of carpetbagger is not specific enough?

beyond that, she strikes me as a flavor of the month candidate.

she says all the right things, but i seriously doubt she can deliver.

Forum List

Back