Why is it ok for liberals to

...commies, pervs, sponges, parasites etc. This is what happens when a society becomes polarized. Nothing can be done about it legally. It takes individuals to drop their pride & groupie mentality to be able to approach the so called 'other side'(this is ridiculous as we're ALL Americans!) to start reconciliation. Next a common sense approach to getting back to the instructions(Constitution) our country came with is needed. See, our Constitution is what keeps us from becoming polarized!
Let me give you an example. I belong to a lifestyle where we share one another. I have belonged to this particular House for just over two years. We have a 'core' membership of about 25/30 playmates. We have playmates that are liberals, independents, conservatives & me, the LONE Libertarian. In between play members go out to the smoking deck to relax, eat &/or smoke.
Politics often come up, but guess what??? We don't call each other names & argue among ourselves like the DNC/GOP supporters do in these political forums. We actually discuss what each sees as problems plaguing ALL of us, then try to arrive at what is the best course for US to take for EVERYONE. The female playmates are mostly concerned about their kids future well being, & the male playmates are mostly concerned about their employment/financial future.
The POINT BEING we could simply CARE LESS ABOUT OUR PLAYMATES POLITICAL/SOCIAL ORIENTATION. I mean I got female playmates that are more liberal than Hillary Clinton & others that are more Conservative than Margaret Thatcher. Like we could not get along better & I mean ALL of us!!!
I just can't understand WHY folks wanna squabble, whine & bitch when they could be eating, socializing & playing with their playmates???? Until people in America start taking their neighbors as their fellow countrymen, value their instructions(Constitution), & use a little 'Golden Rule' ideology this ridiculous name calling, whining, bitching & squabbling will haunt Americans to their graves. The ole phrase of... "Make love not war" is not just aimed at military conflicts!!!

I think you're missing the point of what I'm saying.

There's nothing you can do about it, except control your own civility. Other people are not your, nor my responsibility.

The irony of calls for civility coming from someone with the screen name "Barry Sucks" is pretty excellent, as well.

The point is that when the same happens to a muslim, black, or e women those comments are highly scrutinized, and that's how it should be, but for all groups. There seems to be a huge double standard for certain groups.

Or perhaps people should stop looking for things to get their panties in a twist over, on both sides.

That I agree would be ideal.

openly mock, or add negative connotations to whites, males, Christians, and old people?

We see this all the time. How did this come to be? Is it going to change? What can we do change this?

Who is we? I don't think that's okay coming from anyone. No matter what their political stance is.

...commies, pervs, sponges, parasites etc. This is what happens when a society becomes polarized. Nothing can be done about it legally. It takes individuals to drop their pride & groupie mentality to be able to approach the so called 'other side'(this is ridiculous as we're ALL Americans!) to start reconciliation. Next a common sense approach to getting back to the instructions(Constitution) our country came with is needed. See, our Constitution is what keeps us from becoming polarized!
Let me give you an example. I belong to a lifestyle where we share one another. I have belonged to this particular House for just over two years. We have a 'core' membership of about 25/30 playmates. We have playmates that are liberals, independents, conservatives & me, the LONE Libertarian. In between play members go out to the smoking deck to relax, eat &/or smoke.
Politics often come up, but guess what??? We don't call each other names & argue among ourselves like the DNC/GOP supporters do in these political forums. We actually discuss what each sees as problems plaguing ALL of us, then try to arrive at what is the best course for US to take for EVERYONE. The female playmates are mostly concerned about their kids future well being, & the male playmates are mostly concerned about their employment/financial future.
The POINT BEING we could simply CARE LESS ABOUT OUR PLAYMATES POLITICAL/SOCIAL ORIENTATION. I mean I got female playmates that are more liberal than Hillary Clinton & others that are more Conservative than Margaret Thatcher. Like we could not get along better & I mean ALL of us!!!
I just can't understand WHY folks wanna squabble, whine & bitch when they could be eating, socializing & playing with their playmates???? Until people in America start taking their neighbors as their fellow countrymen, value their instructions(Constitution), & use a little 'Golden Rule' ideology this ridiculous name calling, whining, bitching & squabbling will haunt Americans to their graves. The ole phrase of... "Make love not war" is not just aimed at military conflicts!!!

You lost me after your first paragraph. You're in an opened marriage, which gives you both an "OUT." You know, a way to cheat without being accountable to any 1 person. Good luck w/ all that.

openly mock, or add negative connotations to whites, males, Christians, and old people?

We see this all the time. How did this come to be? Is it going to change? What can we do change this?

What you are doing is called BEGGING THE QUESTION.

Its a technique that demands that anyone who answers your question must first accept the basic premise hidden in the question.

This is pretty good example of intellectual dishonesty on this very board.

The fact that it works in a public forum is an example of why I say we are a period of anti-intellectualism.

There was a time when people would be embarrassed to try something so obvious and dishonest

When people imagine that intellecutal dishonesty is a clever way of winning an argument by not actually having the REAL argument?

THAT is an example people who have been taught that dishonesty in the cause of a greater truth is okay.

AND THAT is the underlying premise of all anti-intellectual thinking.

FYI- the PURPOSE of intellectual debate is NOT to WIN the argument.

The purpose of intellectual debate is to DISCOVER the TRUTH.

Last edited:

Why is "whites" in there?

Does this poster think all liberals are black or sumpthin?
Must be from Chicago.

The point is that when the same happens to a muslim, black, or e women those comments are highly scrutinized, and that's how it should be, but for all groups. There seems to be a huge double standard for certain groups.

Or perhaps people should stop looking for things to get their panties in a twist over, on both sides.

That I agree would be ideal.

but then that would make media pundit viewership drop to almost nothing.
Many/most watch or listen to them with the intention of becoming outraged.

one day an old white, christian male will be president in america and all this racism will finally be over.......

unfortunately, if he does a bad job while in office, all old white christian males will be viewed as a bad choice in the future......

the real question is will old white christian males vote blindly for their "historic candidate" because he is the same as them?

Last edited:

Its a technique that demands that anyone who answers your question must first accept the basic premise hidden in the question.

The fact that it works in a public forum is an example of why I say we are a period of anti-intellectualism.

There was a time when people would be embarrassed to try something so obvious and dishonest

When people imagine that intellecutal dishonesty is a clever way of winning an argument by not actually having the REAL argument?

THAT is an example people who have been taught that dishonesty in the cause of a greater truth is okay.

You're obviously an obnoxious asshole....o yeah, I just used a tecniqe, and I fooled eveyone, hahaha, god morron.

If you disagree with the premise, than simply say so, I don't know why you would deny the claim that whites, males, christians, and old people are the target of harsher langauge, usally ued by the left but its your opinion.

To think in this day and age, somebody disgreed with something wrote on an internet forum, and disagreed with the premise of his questions.....on this very bord...fucking moron.:cuckoo:

Would you be so kind as to point out examples of this from the forums? Please include full context so we can be clear about the intent of the writer(s) in question.

The idea that this goes unchallenged is funny, by the way.

Why is "whites" in there?

Does this poster think all liberals are black or sumpthin?
Must be from Chicago.

Whites can use negative generalities towards whites, you don't have to black or sumpthin.
I have no idea what the Chicago reference is about. No I'm not from there.

So you live in Second Life... while remaining safe and warm in the basement. Good to know.

You're obviously an obnoxious asshole....

I don't doubt I'm obnoxious to you.

I can live with that.

You start out with a childish lie and them expect people to play into your stupid games?

Not gonna happen, lad.

You're gonna have to learn to live with that.

Coming from Barry44sucks

You're obviously an obnoxious asshole....

I don't doubt I'm obnoxious to you.

I can live with that.

You start out with a childish lie and them expect people to play into your stupid games?

Not gonna happen, lad.

You're gonna have to learn to live with that.

Yeah, that's it, I want people to play my game.:lol::cuckoo:

Last edited:
anti-christian-bigotry.gif

Why would you want to trample people's freedom of speech? Awfully PC this morning, aren't we?!?! :eek:

Repeal the First Amendment?

Obviously not. Only flip and disrespectful comments great.

I think you're missing the point of what I'm saying.

There's nothing you can do about it, except control your own civility. Other people are not your, nor my responsibility.

The irony of calls for civility coming from someone with the screen name "Barry Sucks" is pretty excellent, as well.

he's a typical rightwingnut ... free speech is great.. when it's what they want to hear. he wouldn't understand the 1st amendment if it bit him in the butt.

luckily, the first amendment doesn't care if what we hear offends us.

When I see quotes like that, I just look at the poster's name and keep a mental note of it. No reps for them! (Like my amount is such a big deal, lol).

We're going to see all kinds of people on a message board, those who are fair and those who are not. I think some conservatives could be in that category, too!

Forum List

Back