Why is Eli Manning not considered not a average QB?

We could have a whole other thread on Romo
It would go on much longer than this one

Romo is a better QB than Eli for three quarters

A lot of the problem with this entire topic is that is does not take the rest of the team into account. For a QB that means the O line, the ability of the receivers to catch, and other factors.

True but what about when Eli makes it obvious he doesn't want to get hit and just launches the ball anywhere and it gets picked off?

I know you seen eli do that many of times

A lot of the problem with this entire topic is that is does not take the rest of the team into account. For a QB that means the O line, the ability of the receivers to catch, and other factors.

True but what about when Eli makes it obvious he doesn't want to get hit and just launches the ball anywhere and it gets picked off?

Not many.

Most of his picks are miscommunications with his receivers. They zig when he thinks they are going to zag

I can't say I have watched that many Giant's games. Most of the info I have posted here I got via Google. The NCAA football threads I have tried to start have failed quickly.

Yeah, throwing the ball away is risky. But when the average weight of the NFL D-lineman is over 300 lbs, I can't blame someone for not wanting to get slammed.

There are like 12 QB's better than Eli and Romo is one of them

We could have a whole other thread on Romo
It would go on much longer than this one

Romo is a better QB than Eli for three quarters

The funny thing is that, over the course of their careers, the 4th might be one of those quarters.

I recently saw some statistics for Romo in the 4th quarter of games over his career and they were pretty damn good. Unless he has at least one good playoff year, though, he's never going to lose the stigma of being a choker. I don't know how much of that falls on Romo and how much the rest of the team or coaching staffs.

I can't say I have watched that many Giant's games. Most of the info I have posted here I got via Google. The NCAA football threads I have tried to start have failed quickly.

Yeah, throwing the ball away is risky. But when the average weight of the NFL D-lineman is over 300 lbs, I can't blame someone for not wanting to get slammed.

Well then that means that guy is not man enough to play football if he doesn't want to get hit.

Well then that means that guy is not man enough to play football if he doesn't want to get hit.

No sane person who is 6'4" and 218lbs WANTS to get hit by a 320lb defensive lineman. Those QBs who HAVE played without regard to being hit have had short careers.

I have seen Eli take some hard knocks and tough sacks. He doesn't seem like a coward.

What you guys are talking about has nothing to do with Eli being elite or not. Do you guys consider him an elite QB during the regular season or are there other QBs that you think are better than him during the season and he is just one of those guys that can play better if he gets to the playoffs?

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin: Tell me you are not serious!

Last edited:

In the end, it doesn't matter what you have seen. In the end, a two time winning quarterback will be inducted into the Hall of Fame. The End....

In the end, it doesn't matter what you have seen. In the end, a two time winning quarterback will be inducted into the Hall of Fame. The End....

Troy Aikman doesn't even belong in the HOF with 3 rings so I definitely don't think Eli is HOF material since he is the interception King during the regular season

I am curious, what are the obvious reasons his first SB win doesn't count?

He was sacked and somehow tripped and stumbled his way out of the Pats defender and then threw the ball down the field praying a NY giant came down with it who happened to be a receiver that caught it with his helmet.

That was a joke of a win and I never gave credit for the 1st SB. Only the 2nd

He fought off tacklers, threw a pass to a receiver who managed to come down with the ball.

Manning pretty much did, on that play, what Johnny Manziel is famous for doing.

Don't crown Johnnie Football just yet. He hasn't played a down in the NFL. What he used to call his bread and butter in college will likely turn into a lot of pick sixes in the pros. :lol:

He was sacked and somehow tripped and stumbled his way out of the Pats defender and then threw the ball down the field praying a NY giant came down with it who happened to be a receiver that caught it with his helmet.

That was a joke of a win and I never gave credit for the 1st SB. Only the 2nd

He fought off tacklers, threw a pass to a receiver who managed to come down with the ball.

Manning pretty much did, on that play, what Johnny Manziel is famous for doing.

Don't crown Johnnie Football just yet. He hasn't played a down in the NFL. What he used to call his bread and butter in college will likely turn into a lot of pick sixes in the pros. :lol:

That is very possible. But I watched 3 QBs who were dual threats beat my Crimson Tide. Tebow, Cam Newton & Johnny Manziel. Manziel was, hands down, the most accurate passer. It looks like a hail mary, but the boy was throwing some accurate passes.

What you guys are talking about has nothing to do with Eli being elite or not. Do you guys consider him an elite QB during the regular season or are there other QBs that you think are better than him during the season and he is just one of those guys that can play better if he gets to the playoffs?

Sorry....I had to go back and read this again. It was one of the funniest assertions that I have ever read. You crack me up! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Last edited:
There are only three QBs in he NFL who have won two or more SuperBowls.

Peyton hasn't, Drew Bree's hasn't, Aaron Rodgers hasn't

Eli has

Please don't compare those QB's to eli manning

Eli is a HOF QB

He has something the others don't.......Historic Playoff wins

Defeated an 18-0 team on a last second SB win
Came back with a last second TD drive to win a second SB
Defeated a 15-1 GB team in the playoffs
Beat the great Brett Favre in overtime in GB in sub zero temperatures
Beat a 13-3 SF team on the road in OT

Last edited:
That 1st SB had everything to do with the defense. Did you forget the final score was 17-14?

Good observation
The Giant D kept them in the game and harassed Brady all game. But Pats led 7-3 after three quarters. In the fourth quarter, it was Eli against the great Tom Brady for the win. Eli won 14-7 including the game winning TD pass with 34 seconds left

Which he was only able to throw because of the hailmary on the previous play:eusa_hand:

And if a frog has wings, he wouldn't bump his ars....Billicheat still stormed off the field like a nine year old.

Top 10 QB don't miss the playoffs 2 years in a row

There are only three QBs in he NFL who have won two or more SuperBowls.

Peyton hasn't, Drew Bree's hasn't, Aaron Rodgers hasn't

Eli has

Eli is a HOF QB

No doubt about it. He may even win another SB before he retires. He and his brother will be first ballot HOF.

As for Tony Romo. He has won one playoff game in his inconsistent career. And I see nothing in the works that is going to change this in 14-15.

Eli is a HOF QB

So if he misses the playoffs every season until he retires is he still a HOF QB?

Forum List

Back