Why is Eli Manning not considered not a average QB?

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
First of all let's take away the 1st SB for obvious reasons. So that gives him 1 SB and after winning that one he missed the playoffs 2 seasons in a row. Last season he was responsible for his team starting 0-6 and led the league in interceptions. And in between the 2008 SB and 2012 SB he missed the playoffs 2 times which means he missed the playoffs 4 times out of the last 5 years

So tell me again why does he always get a pass and not considered a borderline below average QB?

Last edited:
If someone told me that my Redskins would get a quarter who would miss the playoffs 4 out of 5 years, lead the league in interceptions, start a season 0-6, miss the playoffs 2 seasons in a row, and win the Superbowl 2 TIMES... I would jump for joy and take that offer a million out of a million times!

Or would you rather have Jim Kelly?

If someone told me that my Redskins would get a quarter who would miss the playoffs 4 out of 5 years, lead the league in interceptions, start a season 0-6, miss the playoffs 2 seasons in a row, and win the Superbowl 2 TIMES... I would jump for joy and take that offer a million out of a million times!

You can't count the 1st SB for obvious reasons. And I guess a QB can play like crap after winning the SB

You can't count the 1st SB for obvious reasons. And I guess a QB can play like crap after winning the SB

Eli has had one of the most successful careers of any football player. What you're saying about his first Superbowl is completely silly.

And this is from a REDSKINS fan! I freaking HATE the slimy little weasel :mad:

Eli has had one of the most successful careers of any football player. What you're saying about his first Superbowl is completely silly.

you would take ELI over RG3?

If RG3 retires with the exact same career stats and achievements as Eli Manning there will be a painting of him over my mantle for as long as I live.

Eli Manning has a historic win. When the greatest wins and biggest Superbowl upsets are discussed 50 years from now. Elis name will come up. He defeated what would have been the greatest team of all time and he did it in spectacular fashion

Not many QBs with two Super Bowl wins are not in the HOF. Eli will make the Hall

You want a stat?

Eli is 8-4 in playoff games. Not many HOF QBs have a better winning percentage

But Eli has been an underdog in seven playoff games. In those seven games, his record is 7-0. These are not just playoff games that he was a one or two point underdog. In four of those games he was over a 7 point underdog (14 point underdog in the SB).
Eli Manning has beaten both an 18-0 team and 15-1 team in the playoffs. No other QB will ever match that

Eli may be the most clutch big game QB in history. In a big game with everything on the line, I would take Eli over Peyton every time

Last edited:
I did a quick search for Eli Mannings stats and found this on Wiki:

"Manning holds Giants franchise records for most passing yards, touchdown passes and completed passes in a career,[2] and the NFL record for most fourth-quarter touchdown passes in a season. He led the Giants to victory in Super Bowl XLII and Super Bowl XLVI, defeating the New England Patriots in both games. Manning was also named Most Valuable Player in each Super Bowl, becoming one of five quarterbacks in history to have been given this honor twice. He is the only quarterback in NFL history to throw for more than 4,900 yards and win the Super Bowl in the same season."

Now granted, Wiki can be corrupted. So if those stats are not accurate, feel free to explain how.

But if they are accurate, he looks like a pretty solid QB to me.

2 superbowl rings and one of the most clutch post-season QB in NFL history. Not to mention he lead the victory over arguably the best QB in NFL history (Brady)!

Eli Manning is the reason that:

- The Patriots are not considered the greatest team of all time
- Bill Belechik is not the greatest coach
- Tom Brady is not the greatest QB

Last edited:
2 superbowl rings and one of the most clutch post-season QB in NFL history. Not to mention he lead the victory over arguably the best QB in NFL history (Brady)!

I admit I am much more of a college football fan, and don't watch a lot of NFL ball, but Eli's stats look pretty good to me too.

I would say a QB who has two Super Bowls is more than an average QB. I think he will prove it again this year.

You mean RG_allaboutme?

Eli Manning is the reason that:

- The Patriots are not considered the greatest team of all time
- Bill Belechik is not the greatest coach
- Tom Brady is not the greatest QB

And for that I am thankful to him.

I am curious, what are the obvious reasons his first SB win doesn't count?

He was sacked and somehow tripped and stumbled his way out of the Pats defender and then threw the ball down the field praying a NY giant came down with it who happened to be a receiver that caught it with his helmet.

That was a joke of a win and I never gave credit for the 1st SB. Only the 2nd

I am curious, what are the obvious reasons his first SB win doesn't count?

He was sacked and somehow tripped and stumbled his way out of the Pats defender and then threw the ball down the field praying a NY giant came down with it who happened to be a receiver that caught it with his helmet.

That was a joke of a win and I never gave credit for the 1st SB. Only the 2nd

Great plays don't count.......Got it

Eli eluding three defenders and managing to complete a pass 30 yards down the field was one of the most clutch plays ever.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back