Why Has The World Become So Evil?

When was the world good!?!

In history books, where nations go to compose love letters to themselves.

Read up on the glorious post war years when the middle class was thriving and America was the world's manufacturer. If you read the history books, you would never know this was a time of immense racism and sexism. Leave it to Beaver and the Brady Bunch are history in action. They don't show Mike slugging Carol in the face, or Greg diddling Bobby behind a dumpster. A culture always creates texts which impose fake utopias on the viscid, messy flux of history.

Humans are incredible narrators.

How will the Iraq war be remembered? As a war again evil. Cold blooded geopolitics will be suppressed.

Look at any family photo album. You always see smiling faces. People don't record their unhappiness or their abusiveness. They remember themselves the way they want to be, not they way they are.

To remember is to falsify.

Evil is not something God created

According to this he did:

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. (Isaiah 45:7, KJV)

Here he says "I Form light and darkness comes from it, i make peace and evil is created"
It's not good to change the words of the bible.

Revelation 22: 18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

According to this he did:

Here he says "I Form light and darkness comes from it, i make peace and evil is created"

Revelation 22: 18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

It's not good to take scriptures out of context either.

You do realize that those verses aren't talking about the Bible right?

It's not good to take scriptures out of context either.

You do realize that those verses aren't talking about the Bible right?

It always cracks me up when those that have no faith are driven to use scripture against those that have faith. If we are talking about something that involves things outside of faith and how the bible works into it I can see the merit and use but when you are attempting to define someone's god for them and twist scripture to that end you end up nowhere and cannot have an actual debate. The following is one of my favorites in this manner. As an unbeliever I remember this one as it is the one that I would pull out most frequently if I were a Christian to show those that one liners in scripture are not the end all of religious belief. In order to debate those concepts we need to expand beyond single lines and take the bible as a whole and the concepts that are behind it.
In the temptation of Jesus Christ, the devil stated the Holy Word of God out of context in order to accomplish the devil's purpose.
Matthew 4:1-11 (NIV) Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread." 4 Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'" 5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written: "'He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'" 7 Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'" 8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 "All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me." 10 Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.'" 11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.
The devil will misuse the Holy Word of God

To be fair, he might not realize that the passage isn't referring to the Bible. There are alot of Christians who don't realize it either.

My meaning of "evil" in this post is one choosing not to follow God.

So further clarification reveals even more so that the thread title should have included at least some reference to Christianity. Your statements are not based on any facts whatsoever so the points still stand, the world is not getting more evil.

You've been given the clarity so get off the other.

Is it because God is drawing the Holy Spirit out of this world. Less and less people are being saved. God said, My spirit shall not always strive with man.

This was the beginning of the end in the decline of western civilization

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFq5O2kabQo]YouTube - Little Richard, Tutti Frutti[/ame]

Why has the world become so evil?

Can this really be a self-proclaiming Christian asking us that question?

Seriously?

What kind of Christian does NOT KNOW the explanation for why the world ~ not is becoming...IS ~ evil?

(And now a little non sequitor about how one kind of authentic Christian -- one who did not have the benefit of ever having heard of Christ -- can act if they're particularly stoic and truly DO understand why the world is evil.)

--+--​
A story goes that Alexander (the Great) was thrilled at coming face to face with the famous philosopher Diogenes.

Alexander asked if there was any favour he might do for him.

Diogenes, who was taking a bath at the time, and had recieved Alexander while sitting in his tub (which was on the street as Diagenes was homeless), asked Alexander not to stand between him and the sun.

Alexander replied "If I were not Alexander, I would be Diogenes."
[/quote]

--+--​

(And now back to my rant about today's clueless CHRISTIANS)

Why is the the land NOD becoming evil?!

I'm telling yas, folks... they're just not making CHRISTIANS they way they used to.

Christians USED TO actually have a CLUE what their Bible was telling them.

Not any more.

Now they imagine that people were better in the past then they are now.

Now, we, the SONS OF CAIN, have forgotten even our own theology, and some of us have replaced that wisdom with some childish mythical nonsense about END TIMES and magic raptures where the fairy tales gos, the "good people" be swept up into heaven while "the sinners" stay on earth for the tribulations.

It's rather like these so called Christians read the Asoep's fable about the fox and the sour grapes and think the Fox lucky because the grape were sour!

I weap for the memory of the Baby Jesus when I read the inane blather some of you self proclaiming Christians post on his behalf, folks.

I truly do.

Last edited:
You have to point out every little thing to some people, My OP was why has the world become so evil, I guess for some I should have said "God is withdrawing his spirit from this world and the world will now become more evil". Evil meaning more people will become followers of Satan.

Do you feel the need of God in your life?

I don't believe in God. That doesn't make me evil.

I knew a man that professed that all his life until he found himself on his death bed, he called for a preacher and confessed the day he died, just saying.

Have you ever researched the God Gene? It's a part of your brain that Hallucinates a God to cope with dying. It's a hormonal coping mechanism triggered by the massive fear of dying. Just saying.

Forum List

Back