Why Has The World Become So Evil?

Why Has The World Become So Evil?

Too much religion.

I think you're half right. Religion in and of itself galvanizes people. But we encounter problems when there are different beleifs inhabiting the same space. How many different sects are there in Christianity alone? All Christians can't even agree on every little detail about their religion, and if people of the same religion can't all get along, how can we possibly expect others who follow a completely differing religion to act civilly towards another? In essence, if everybody everywhere beleived in a single diety and religion, there would hardly be disputes. Evil enters the picture when there are differing views, as people try to catapult 1 view as the superior one.

I agree with ed, if god created everything, then he created evil too. Coulda just not created any evil if he'd have wanted to.

I thought this was a foregone conclusion. And didn't we already settle this? Evil didn't exactly spring up all by itself. And everything gets shoveled right to the guy who set everything up, and in the case of Christianity, the biblegod.

Why has the world become evil:

1. An altruistic ideal which calls on the redistribution of wealth (through tax and other methods) to the poor against people's will rather than acts and gifts of kindness towards the poor out of ones heart.

2. A lack of respect for private property and individual rights, due to poverty and unemployment, excessive government and/or corporate power, as well as underhanded businesses practices.

3. A market which is not very competitive (plenty of monopolies), lack of independent oversight, government subsidies, and government-corporate corruption. These work together to keep prices high, rather than at levels that would end poverty and starvation.

4. Violence is not taken seriously enough by people. Rather than making expressing or calling for violence (outside of warfare and consented sport) illegal it is publicly accepted as free speech or a right to protest. Thus there is ideological, religious, domestic or issue based violence. Violence cannot be stressed enough as the most major cause of evil.

Last edited:

1. An altruistic ideal which calls on the redistribution of wealth (through tax and other methods) to the poor against people's will rather than acts and gifts of kindness towards the poor out of ones heart.

2. A lack of respect for private property and individual rights, due to poverty and unemployment, excessive government and/or corporate power, as well as underhanded businesses practices.

3. A market which is not very competitive (plenty of monopolies), lack of independent oversight, government subsidies, and government-corporate corruption. These work together to keep prices high, rather than at levels that would end poverty and starvation.

4. Violence is not taken seriously enough by people. Rather than making expressing or calling for violence (outside of warfare and consented sport) illegal it is publicly accepted as free speech or a right to protest. Thus there is ideological, religious, domestic or issue based violence. Violence cannot be stressed enough as the most major cause of evil.
IOW, CON$ervatism. :lol:

IOW, CON$ervatism. :lol:
Actually my sig makes my position quite clear. :eusa_eh:

Anarcho-capitalist-UB.gif

Bullshit, the world is not sliding into grater evil, it is climbing to grater good. That is a general fact. There are far more people that have rights today than did 1000 years ago. There are far fewer examples of gross violations against people today than 1000 years ago. Slavery, murder even war are less prevalent today than at many times in the past. There is still killing and evil, that is the nature of humankind. You hear about it more and there are better tools to spread that evil than at any other time before yet here we sit in FAR better security with far more rights and in far better condition than those that have come before us. You equate 'evil' with the fact that your religion is not as widely practiced and that people are not as evangelical as they were before. As a point of interest, that is one of the reasons that there is LESS evil in the world, not an indication that there is more. A better title for your point may well be 'the decline of Christian religion' or something on those lines. The concept that people are more evil today than in the past is a gross misrepresentation of the past. Perhaps you thought the days when we were burning witches, the Catholic Church was disemboweling heretics, Africa was engaging in selling the Americas and Europe slaves or the Romans were throwing peasants into the maws of lions for entertainment were the 'glory days' of purity and goodness. I for one refuse to acknowledge the idiocy that today is more evil than those times.

Bullshit, the world is not sliding into grater evil, it is climbing to grater good. That is a general fact. There are far more people that have rights today than did 1000 years ago. There are far fewer examples of gross violations against people today than 1000 years ago. Slavery, murder even war are less prevalent today than at many times in the past. There is still killing and evil, that is the nature of humankind. You hear about it more and there are better tools to spread that evil than at any other time before yet here we sit in FAR better security with far more rights and in far better condition than those that have come before us. You equate 'evil' with the fact that your religion is not as widely practiced and that people are not as evangelical as they were before. As a point of interest, that is one of the reasons that there is LESS evil in the world, not an indication that there is more. A better title for your point may well be 'the decline of Christian religion' or something on those lines. The concept that people are more evil today than in the past is a gross misrepresentation of the past. Perhaps you thought the days when we were burning witches, the Catholic Church was disemboweling heretics, Africa was engaging in selling the Americas and Europe slaves or the Romans were throwing peasants into the maws of lions for entertainment were the 'glory days' of purity and goodness. I for one refuse to acknowledge the idiocy that today is more evil than those times.

You're a slave to the Govt. This thread is about choosing following God as to not following him. More people are choosing not to, thus the world is getting more evil. For Jesus said: He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth. Luke 11:23.

You're a slave to the Govt. This thread is about choosing following God as to not following him. More people are choosing not to, thus the world is getting more evil. For Jesus said: He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth. Luke 11:23.

And you're a slave to a book that has caused countless atrocities since it's inception. Name one time where Man lived in a utopian society because of organized religion... Hell IMO, the closest ones to get to that point were probably the Minoans and then it all went downhill.

And you're a slave to a book that has caused countless atrocities since it's inception. Name one time where Man lived in a utopian society because of organized religion... Hell IMO, the closest ones to get to that point were probably the Minoans and then it all went downhill.

The garden of Eden.

Is the world Evil? From my understanding of Western Religion, the world is needed in order to seperate the believers from the non-believers. This way, the record of your life can be used to testify to what reward you deserve in the afterlife. Eternity in bliss, or total destruction in damnation.

Of course, no one ever tells me the reason why one needs reward/punishment for living this life. Is not this life reward/punishment in itself?

I'll see your Luke 11:23 and raise you Matthew 22:21!

They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Is it because God is drawing the Holy Spirit out of this world. Less and less people are being saved. God said, My spirit shall not always strive with man.

without commenting on the beliefs underlying your thread...

i'll just say your basic premise is flawed at best... 'become so evil'? really let's take a walk down memory lane for a moment...

spanish inquisition
stalin/lenin and their purges
crusades
sweat shops
WWI
WWII and the holocaust (really, you think ANYTHING is more evil than that?)
Turkish genocide of the Armenians
Internment of Japanese-Americans
civil war
slavery

and that's just the modern tip of the iceberg...

you really want to say it's 'become' evil?

and if you look at more than a few of the above, they occurred BECAUSE of a professed belief in G-d.

Is it because God is drawing the Holy Spirit out of this world. Less and less people are being saved. God said, My spirit shall not always strive with man.

without commenting on the beliefs underlying your thread...

i'll just say your basic premise is flawed at best... 'become so evil'? really let's take a walk down memory lane for a moment...

spanish inquisition
stalin/lenin and their purges

READ THE BIBLE, Jillian. Based upon your responses on this forum, I know that does not interest you. The Fact remains that God is going to remove the "Restraining Hand" of the Holy Spirit from the Earth before the last seven years of the life of the Earth.

As I have stated numerous times on this forum, I believe we have entered into the Last Days (the Last Seven Days of the Earth), and all hell is going to break forth on the Earth in the next few weeks, months and years.

And as I said your thread should have been titled the decline of Christianity (or is Christianity declining). The fact is that the world is getting more PEACEFUL not more evil. It is rather laughable that you are claiming that the world is sliding to grater evil because Christian morals are declining and yet the world is becoming more peaceful and more aware/respecting of human rights. Maybe you should reevaluate what you are claiming?

I'd say the world was far more evil, oh, about 2000 years ago, what with the global slavery, continual war, disease, and poverty of the masses.

And all them Greeks and Romans having teh buttsex!

The root of all evil is Satan and the seed was planted in the garden of Eden through Eve. This evil has existed throughout history and the greatest contagion of evil today is Islam. The rapid spread of Islam today and the belief by Moslems that all non-Moslems are evil poses a very real threat to the non-Moslem world. This is the conflict of the future, a religious conflict that will encompass the world. This is the war that Islam is preparing its children to fight. So the answer to your question "Why has the world become so evil?” is Islam!!!

The root of all evil is Satan and the seed was planted in the garden of Eden through Eve. This evil has existed throughout history and the greatest contagion of evil today is Islam. The rapid spread of Islam today and the belief by Moslems that all non-Moslems are evil poses a very real threat to the non-Moslem world. This is the conflict of the future, a religious conflict that will encompass the world. This is the war that Islam is preparing its children to fight. So the answer to your question "Why has the world become so evil?” is Islam!!!

So, now your true intentions are coming out. That is the exact attitude that makes Islam 'evil.' The intolerance that you are spouting is not Christianly or what I could call good. It falls much closer to evil.

There is nothing inherently evil about Muslims. Any more than there is anything inherently evil about Christians.

Evil is a human problem, not a problem localized to one group or sect.

Let's stop blaming others and try to lift them up.

Forum List

Back