Why Don't Right Wingers Acknowledge Bush's And The Right's Part In

The current financial situation?

Why are they so dishonest in their debating as to say that the minute Obama stepped into office the debt increased?

Why do they not admit that it was the 2 unecessary wars that Bush and Co. got us into that STARTED or FINISHED, rather, the financial situation in the country?

Why is this?

Because the vast majority of them will never admit to being wrong.

You mean, like Clinton?

Cllinton did lean a bit right. He was a corporatist.

The scary thing is, Marc actually believes the only way to end a debt problem is to spend your way out of it.

I hope for his sake he only applies that train of thought in government, and not to his personal finances.

Why are they so dishonest in their debating as to say that the minute Obama stepped into office the debt increased?

Why do they not admit that it was the 2 unecessary wars that Bush and Co. got us into that STARTED or FINISHED, rather, the financial situation in the country?

Why is this?

I'm not sure. This whole deficit problem began with the GOP. Prior to Reagan, there were deficits, but nothing like we've had since Reagan. And these big deficits were not necessary. They were a choice. Remember Reagan saying 'deficits are not the problem'?

No, nothing like Reagan... ever, never...

FDR.

Owned

Plz never post again.

No, I think you miss the point, and changing metaphores won't make any difference.

Obama represented himself as a Leader of Hope and Change, Car Driver, Heroic Airline Pilot

Instead, we got a guy that attacks Libya, just got his driver's permit, and cannot fly a paper airplane.

Now this is where you get into your dishonesty.

I NEVER changed anything.

Read my OP, I referred to the FINANCIAL situation.

YOU'RE the one throwing in the war(s).

Both my analogies are related and apt. Cut it out.

No, I think you miss the point, and changing metaphores won't make any difference.

Obama represented himself as a Leader of Hope and Change, Car Driver, Heroic Airline Pilot

Instead, we got a guy that attacks Libya, just got his driver's permit, and cannot fly a paper airplane.

Now this is where you get into your dishonesty.

I NEVER changed anything.

Read my OP, I referred to the FINANCIAL situation.

YOU'RE the one throwing in the war(s).

Both my analogies are related and apt. Cut it out.

Really? First you didn't compare Obama to a car driver, then to an airplane pilot?

It seems you'd rather make excuses for Obama's short-comings than to participate in any real analysis of his presidency. Hope the strategy works through 2012, but I expect more.

What is really sad is the Democratic Party KNEW ABOUT, and helped create, the Financial Crash, AND they knew Obama was the least capable candidate to deal with it.

He is their "Sacrificial Goat"

Frankly, its no surprise that the Democrats, once supporters of Black Slavery, would hang a brother out to twist.:(

So why have you always blamed it on Obama?

Follow the money: Bailout tracker - CNNMoney.com

Add up the money the GSE's Fannie & Freddie got from each of those bailout programs & it's about $1.2 Trillion. None of it has or will be paid back. They will continue to require more & more money. This has been the cause of Obama's community organizing political career.

The Federal & State government employees got the next largest chunk for their fucking pay & pension funds $658.3 Billion to keep their fat ass pensions & pay checks coming.

The greedy banks & stimulus were only a small portion of this bailout. This was a bailout of socialized home lending & government employees. The citizens got screwed.

This like most threads on these boards this is nothing more than a Troll thread. The OP lacks the most basic proof then when most (maybe all?) here agree Bush was part of the problem (like most have done many many many times) the OP still argues.

I used to go to such an awesome boards where people like Marc would have been banned for being a Troll, but they are gone now =( There was no bias between right or left, just no Trolling and when you start a thread you needed Proof.

Last edited:
The scary thing is, Marc actually believes the only way to end a debt problem is to spend your way out of it.

I hope for his sake he only applies that train of thought in government, and not to his personal finances.

I would have to disagree.

I've seen him say that we need to raise taxes and cut spending before, I think.

But still...yeah...Obama did promise me that by voting for him I would get change and I was dumb in assuming the type of change was going to be what I wanted it to be. The change we got was bigger and more centralized government running bigger programs that we dont have the money to support......oh wait....thats not change its more of the same crap we have got for decades.

Nevermind ;)

As of February 2010, around $704 billion has been spent based on estimates of current expenditure rates,[1] which range from the Congressional Research Service (CRS) estimate of $2 billion per week to $12 billion a month, an estimate by economist Joseph Stiglitz

The CBO estimated that of the $2.4 trillion long-term price tag for the war, about $1.9 trillion of that would be spent on Iraq, or $6,300 per U.S. citizen.[9][10]

Financial cost of the Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Afghanistan will cost nearly $105 billion in the 2010 fiscal year that ends Sept. 30, including most of $33 billion in additional spending requested by Obama and pending before Congress. Iraq will cost about $66 billion. In fiscal 2011, Afghanistan is projected to cost $117 billion, Iraq $46 billion. To date, Pentagon spending in Iraq has reached $620 billion, compared with $190 billion in Afghanistan
Afghan war costs now outpace Iraq's - USATODAY.com

As of August 2, 4,683 brave Americans have died in Iraq and Afghanistan since the launch of Operation Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan) on October 7, 2001 and Operation Iraqi
Iraq and Afghanistan Casualty Statistics

An authorization by Congress was sought by President George W. Bush soon after his September 12, 2002, statement before the U.N. General Assembly asking for quick action by the Security Council in enforcing the resolutions against Iraq.[4][5]

Of the legislation introduced by Congress in response to President Bush's requests,[6] S.J.Res. 45 sponsored by Sen. Daschle & Sen. Lott was based on the original White House proposal authorizing the use of force in Iraq, H.J.Res. 114 sponsored by Rep. Hastert & Rep. Gephardt and the substantially similar S.J.Res. 46 sponsored by Sen. Lieberman were modified proposals. H.J.Res. 110 sponsored by Rep. Hastings was a separate proposal never considered on the floor. Eventually, the Hastert-Gephardt proposal became the legislation Congress focused on.

Introduced in Congress on October 2, 2002, in conjunction with the Administration's proposals,[2][7] H.J.Res. 114 passed the House of Representatives on Thursday afternoon at 3:05 p.m. EDT on October 10, 2002, by a vote of 296-133,[8] and passed the Senate after midnight early Friday morning, at 12:50 a.m. EDT on October 11, 2002, by a vote of 77-23.[9] It was signed into law as Pub.L. 107-243 by President Bush on October 16, 2002.

Iraq Resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here we are, this was NOT just a BUSH contribution to our budget it was a contribution made by both sides of the isle, not to metion the fact the human cost in terms of lives lost, and lives forever changed. BOTH parties contributed to this current budget mess over the last 11 years in a contest to see who could spend more to who's constituents rather than looking out after the needs of the people of this nation or the people in which they serve. Let's just say it here, we have elected over the last several years a string of Democratcs and Republicans alike that put on a shameful display or putting contributors needs over that of the nation in which they serve. I submit that our nation is a Great nation filled with many wonderful Americans with the same drive and same desire to be the best that the generations before them did. It is up to us to make sure that it is those people that represent us for a change to do the nations business and provide for this nations Warriors rather than the corporate salesman that listen to K Street before Main Street.

I love it when rightwingers disprove the claim by acknowledging it but the leftwingers wont acknowledge the dems or obama's part in it.

Classic "fake liberal" hypocricy. yes im calling some of you fake liberals because of your closed mindedness (anyone who disagree's with obama is racist), prejudice(if your in the tea party its cause obama is black), and bigotry(just look at your statements and attitude toward christians/catholics and compare it to your attitudes toward muslims)

Simple: it's a big fat lie.

No one but Obama is responsible for that $800 billion stimulus piece of shit. Obama and the Dims are blocking all attempts to cut spending. Obama also spent half the TARP money. Republicans wanted to return the money to the treasury.

Obama owns the current deficit.

Suck on it.

Why is this?

What a load of crap!!!! The poor VICTIMS Reagan, BushI and Bush II had a gun to his head forcing them to sign their budgets rather than veto then. :cuckoo:

Counting interest, those three GOP presidential budgets account for $12 trillion of the $14+ trillion national debt. Obama and all the other presidents in the history of the country combined account for $2+ trillion To CON$ therefore it is Obama who is bankrupting the country. :cuckoo:

Wrong, numbskull. The national debt was $10 trillion at the end of the Bush administration. Obama has already added almost $5 trillion. in the 2 1/2 years he has been president. By the end of his first term, he will have doubled the national debt.

What a load of crap!!!! The poor VICTIMS Reagan, BushI and Bush II had a gun to his head forcing them to sign their budgets rather than veto then. :cuckoo:

Counting interest, those three GOP presidential budgets account for $12 trillion of the $14+ trillion national debt. Obama and all the other presidents in the history of the country combined account for $2+ trillion To CON$ therefore it is Obama who is bankrupting the country. :cuckoo:

Wrong, numbskull. The national debt was $10 trillion at the end of the Bush administration. Obama has already added almost $5 trillion. in the 2 1/2 years he has been president. By the end of his first term, he will have doubled the national debt.

I figured it out the other day.

Let me get you the real numbers with a link to verify

I figured it out the other day.

Let me get you the real numbers with a link to verify

Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

1/29/2001 national debt was 5.73 trillion
1/28/2009 natoinal debt was 10.63 trillion

Bush added 4.9 trillion over 8 years or 0.63 trillion/year or 34% of the total national debt

1/29/2009 national debt was 10.63 trillion
1/29/2011 natoinal debt was 14.06 trillion

Obama added 3.4 trillion over 2 years or 1.72 trillion/year or 24% of the national debt

One could argue that the first 9 months of obama and bush's terms had to deal with the previous presidents budget. So if you take that into account bush's numbers rise to

BULLSHIT!!!

At the end of Bush's last budget year, Sept 30, 2009 the debt was $11,909,829,003,511.75.

Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2010

BULLSHIT!!!

At the end of Bush's last budget year, Sept 30, 2009 the debt was $11,909,829,003,511.75.

Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2010
If Republicans/RWers didn't lie...they'd have nothing to say.

:clap2:

Sorry I never finshed that post and walked away to do work. Here is the numbers if you go by fiscal year instead of by the date the presidents t

9/1/2001 national debt was 5.77 trillion
9/1/2009 national debt was 11.79 trillion

That is a total of 6.02 trillion added to the debt
0.75 trillion/year
42% of our national debt from Bush's time

4/26/2011 national debt was 14.3 trillion

That is 2.51 trillion added ot the national debt
1.58 trillion/year
18% of our national debt is from Obama's Time

Do you see that obama is more than doubling the rate at which we are adding to the debt compared to bush?

BULLSHIT!!!

That figure includes Obama's porkulus spending, dipshit. Furthermore, Obama spent half the TARP money. Subtract $1.2 trillion from that figure.

Sorry I never finshed that post and walked away to do work. Here is the numbers if you go by fiscal year instead of by the date the presidents t

9/1/2001 national debt was 5.77 trillion

That is a total of 6.02 trillion added to the debt
0.75 trillion/year
42% of our national debt from Bush's time

4/26/2011 national debt was 14.3 trillion

That is 2.51 trillion added ot the national debt
1.58 trillion/year
18% of our national debt is from Obama's Time

Do you see that obama is more than doubling the rate at which we are adding to the debt compared to bush?

BULLSHIT!!!

That figure includes Obama's porkulus spending, dipshit. Furthermore, Obama spent half the TARP money. Subtract $1.2 trillion from that figure.

no bripat, let them keep that in there....see my post above yours ;)

They can't really argue with the numbers, obama has added more than 2x as much to the debt over time than bush.

Forum List

Back