CDZ Why Do You Support Abortion

I don't care about what any human being or study says.

When the egg and sperm join, human life begins.

Not complicated or up for debate.
As a fact of law being human and being a person are not the same thing; prior to birth an embryo/fetus is not a ‘person’ entitled to Constitutional protections, where a woman’s right to privacy is paramount, immune from attack by the state.

sorry but blah blah blah with men and their laws.
our lives being when the sperm and egg join.
spin it anyway you want
You are taking away a life when you willfully abort. Period.
The arguement you are making is Religious in nature. Are you suggesting we have laws that are religious in nature. If so, then I guess you would not have a problem with human sacrifice, it is after all a religious ceremony, or maybe just sharia law?

It's not religious
When the sperm and egg joined you were created.
It was who you are now. Just a different stage. Common sense.

I don't support abortion. I support a womans right to choose when it comes to her body.
I don't support irresponsibility but things happen..

What if she agrees to have a baby for another couple, but changes her mind and wants to abort?

I don't support abortion. I support a womans right to choose when it comes to her body.

What if she agrees to have a baby for another couple, but changes her mind and wants to abort?
That doesn't change the fact that it is her body.
I would imagine some people make them sign contracts so there could be some legal issues involved..
Damn good question. As always :thup:

As a fact of law being human and being a person are not the same thing; prior to birth an embryo/fetus is not a ‘person’ entitled to Constitutional protections, where a woman’s right to privacy is paramount, immune from attack by the state.

spin it anyway you want
The arguement you are making is Religious in nature. Are you suggesting we have laws that are religious in nature. If so, then I guess you would not have a problem with human sacrifice, it is after all a religious ceremony, or maybe just sharia law?

It's not religious
Can you produce scientific evidence that life begins at conception? I seriously doubt it, it is a contoversy because there is not a scientific consensus. Therefore, one would logically assume that your arguement is not scientific in nature. Common sense my ass.

.. when a 5 week old fetus has a heart?

Depends on what you mean by 'support abortion'. I think abortion is horrible. I would never make that choice. I simply think that any woman should be free to make that choice for herself. I shouldn't be making it for her.

Is that 'supporting abortion'?

That is her decision ultimately and not for anyone else to make. Pregnancy and delivery come with risks. It is up to each individual woman if the outcome is worth the risk.

spin it anyway you want

It's not religious

The science is settled. It is a religious debate.
On one side are religions who accept the reality, on the other is the one religion who wants only the money (pharisees).
Think about it... an extreme minority who extorts money by any means, "justified" by their own religious belief resulting in dead babies. Yeah, that's what our so called law is based on.

Look it up, Roe V Wade is nothing of science! it is merely philosophical/religious decision based on an, ahem, certain religious belief that isn't that of the majority. Check it out, seriously, blackmun blatantly disregards science.

Last edited:
I think it's funny people want to view a single living micro-organism as life.
But the merging of a sperm and egg as NOT life - even if you say not HUMAN life... really?
Every life has a beginning - a starting point of development - this is what it is for Human's.

Common sense dictates, you don't need science.
Anything else is rationalization to make people feel better about it....

Not only am I against abortion I feel we as a country should be doing a lot more for the unwanted child once it is born both monetarily and emotionally by making adoption easier. How about a 10 thousand dollar payment to those who adopt a child that is unwanted. The problem is we talk women out of having one and once its born we say all yours now. How about persuading the mother to give the child up for adoption there is no pressure to keep it. That's better than abortion.

.. when a 5 week old fetus has a heart?

A 5 week old fetus is not viable outside the womb

IMO it's akin to a person in a vegetative state and pilling the plug is no big deal

That said i think there is a point in a pregnancy where the fetus must be called a baby

I think viability outside the womb should be the determining factor as to when that distinction is made
It's akin to pulling the plug on someone who will most likely have recovered and no longer need assistance in just a few weeks.

I don't "support" abortion. I don't want it made illegal though. Some people should not have children or even be pregnant. They birth children who are addicted to crack and all sorts of things. That is the sad reality. If a woman or a family feels that they cannot handle a pregnancy or a child, then it is her/their personal decision and not for anyone else to decide, IMO.
How is wanting abortion to stay legal not supporting it? Its kind of like saying that I don't support mothers being able to kill their children if they are under 2 years old, but I want it to be legal.

I don't "support" abortion. I don't want it made illegal though. Some people should not have children or even be pregnant. They birth children who are addicted to crack and all sorts of things. That is the sad reality. If a woman or a family feels that they cannot handle a pregnancy or a child, then it is her/their personal decision and not for anyone else to decide, IMO.
How is wanting abortion to stay legal not supporting it. Its kind of like saying that I don't support mothers being able to kill their children if they are under 2 years old, but I want it to be legal.

Well, I feel the same. I don't really "support" abortion. However, it is not my decision to make for another woman. That is how I feel about it basically. I also feel that a lot of the women who do have an abortion are probably making this choice because it is in their best interest, and maybe the best interest of any future potential child.

How is wanting abortion to stay legal not supporting it. Its kind of like saying that I don't support mothers being able to kill their children if they are under 2 years old, but I want it to be legal.

Well, I feel the same. I don't really "support" abortion. However, it is not my decision to make for another woman. That is how I feel about it basically. I also feel that a lot of the women who do have an abortion are probably making this choice because it is in their best interest, and maybe the best interest of any future potential child.
Supporting aborting being legal is supporting abortion regardless of feelings.

Says you.

Nope.

I don't "support abortion." I support improved methods and complete access to contraception.

Nope.
Logic eludes you.

Says you.
Its simple logic.

Forum List

Back