CDZ Why Do You Support Abortion

It's legalized because women are going to abort their children. Whether you think it is immoral or not is of no consequence to them.

Do you want to go back to the days of coat hangers and back alley abortions with no regulations? Because that is what will happen if abortion is banned.

No, I'd rather make it easier for them to kill their unwanted babies.

It's not making it easier. When there is a will, there is a way. A woman who is dead set against being pregnant will terminate her pregnancy, regardless of how YOU personally feel about it. You do realize that, right?

Having it done in a medical clinic with proper equipment and sterilization and under the care of a trained physician makes it SAFER. Women used to die from back alley abortions. Yes, they were so desperate to rid themselves of the unwanted pregnancy that they would risk death.

We definitely look at it differently.
I realize a lot of things at 51 years of age. I understand what you are saying, but, just disagree.

B.

Well, one of my points is that you claim abortion is the downfall of our society. Well, it is not since abortions have been performed since ancient times.

I think it's one piece of our moral decay. Legalizing it and making it easier for people do get them.
But in and of itself, no, not the downfall of society. Just part of it.
Also, depends on what you think a "successful" society is. That can differ by person as well.....

It is not to make it "easier." It is to make it safer because women would die.

Your judgement against my "moral decay", is a restriction of my freedom. I have no problem with your judgement of my moral decay. I have a serious problem with your imposing it on me by law.

Not to worry - you have your way....

I dont support abortion but I wont fight against it because its none of my business what a woman does with her body.

Don't you think it's important to fight for a human life that's defenseless?
They did not ask to be conceived....
Not if its inside the body of someone that doesnt want it. Once it leaves that sanctuary i would place my life on the line for a child.

So, the life doesn't mean as much while it's developing and inside someone else? Or do you view it only a "semi-life" or, since the laws says it's OK to do it, it's on her conscience and we can wash our hands of it?
Well, to be fair...there is that whole fetal organ black market thing.....I hear its pretty lucrative....

No, I'd rather make it easier for them to kill their unwanted babies.

It's not making it easier. When there is a will, there is a way. A woman who is dead set against being pregnant will terminate her pregnancy, regardless of how YOU personally feel about it. You do realize that, right?

Having it done in a medical clinic with proper equipment and sterilization and under the care of a trained physician makes it SAFER. Women used to die from back alley abortions. Yes, they were so desperate to rid themselves of the unwanted pregnancy that they would risk death.

I realize a lot of things at 51 years of age. I understand what you are saying, but, just disagree.

B.

Well, one of my points is that you claim abortion is the downfall of our society. Well, it is not since abortions have been performed since ancient times.

I think it's one piece of our moral decay. Legalizing it and making it easier for people do get them.
Also, depends on what you think a "successful" society is. That can differ by person as well.....

Their choice to kill themselves trying to kill a human life inside of them ....

I dont support abortion but I wont fight against it because its none of my business what a woman does with her body.

Not if its inside the body of someone that doesnt want it. Once it leaves that sanctuary i would place my life on the line for a child.

So, the life doesn't mean as much while it's developing and inside someone else? Or do you view it only a "semi-life" or, since the laws says it's OK to do it, it's on her conscience and we can wash our hands of it?
Well, to be fair...there is that whole fetal organ black market thing.....I hear its pretty lucrative....

Yes, that is in the news.
It's disgusting.
I have not read much about it. I hate sticking my head in the sand, but, I need to retain some sort of sanity.....

Yes, that is in the news.
It's disgusting.
I have not read much about it. I hate sticking my head in the sand, but, I need to retain some sort of sanity.....
Someone has to finance the DNC and the Hillary campaign.....it looks as if the Foreign bribes...er...donations to their foundation is beginning to dry up due to exposure to the light....

B.

Their choice to kill themselves trying to kill a human life inside of them ....

Regardless, there were illegal abortions being performed without any regulations whatsoever, dirty unsterilized equipment, etc.

.. when a 5 week old fetus has a heart?

First of all, I don't support or reject abortion. I support an individual's right to have one if they so desire.

As for whether the fetus has a heartbeat, brain waves, wigging digits, etc., I don't care whether it does or not as goes permitting individuals the right to chose to have an abortion. I don't care because a fetus, IMO, represents the potential for the existence of a human being. It is not not, for the entirety of the time it is a fetus, not a human being.

Were it a human being, we would designate it's birthday as that day upon which it joined humanity. But that is not what we do. Everything we inculcate into our laws and principles appertaining to the rights of man is based upon one's having been born, that is, one's exiting the womb. It is at that point in time that one is said to have been born. It is at that moment that one becomes a member of humanity.

It is my belief that until one becomes a member of humanity, one is not a human. One is a thing that is about to become a human. As a thing, the owners of that thing have every right to do with it as they see fit, no different than they would were we speaking of a watch, car, cat or hat.

In generating support for the Iraq war, President Bush spoke of our moral obligation to oust Saddam Hussein so as to secure Iraqis' freedom. Well, the fact is that I didn't give a tinker's dam about Iraqis' freedom, and left to my own devices wouldn't have spent one red sou to provide for or obtain it. (That's not to say I would or wouldn't have engaged in the war, just that securing Iraqi freedom isn't a reason why I would have done.)

Now you know that if I don't give a damn about the freedoms of living, breathing, walking and talking, sentient Iraqis, I damn sure don't have any interest in legislating one way or another to prohibit or require individuals' having abortions. The choice, its impacts and everything having to do with it are up to the expectant parents, provided both of them are free and not mentally ill individuals.

All the benchmarks of a developing fetus seem to be open for debate on what makes a life, what makes a human as points of departure to at least limit abortions.

A woman would not seek an abortion unless she was pregnant. That eliminates citing conception as a point where an abortion would not be acceptable to anti-abortion supporters. All the other benchmarks, autonomous blood supply and heart beat, nervous system development and so forth are nothing more than potential starting blocks beyond which abortion must not be done.

All these arguments only serve to restrict abortion to a time frame beginning at conception. When an in vitro fertilization clinic purges its freezers full of frozen zygotes, is that 'mass murder'?

Abortion, as a clinical procedure, is legal, with some restrictions. Parental permission for minors, mental and emotional problems the mother may be suffering from. Otherwise it's regarded as a federally protected right of citizens.

The morality and the debate over point of beginning of a human existence are great parlor debates. But the law is settled.

i dont support abortion or anyone who gets one. you should learn how to protect urself before you do something.

Does anyone actually encourage sexual recklessness? Though I stand by my belief that people should have pregnancy abortion as an option, I certainly don't think that the thought process of "let's have sex and if I/we get pregnant, we can just have an abortion" is a remotely mature and wise one to take. It's certainly not what I would or do advocate.

If nothing else, an abortion is still physically invasive/alterative procedure that carries real and potentially deadly risks for a woman having one. I haven't investigated it, but I would not be surprised to find that having multiple abortions (as might happen if a couple takes the reckless stance I note above) may have irreversible long term physical/physiological consequences for a woman. It just seems like a set of risks that aren't worth taking on a recurring basis. That said, if a woman wants to take those risks, so be it; it's still, IMO, her right to do so.

Here is my take on the matter, for what it's worth.
  • I have a personal objection to abortion, based, in large part, on morals imparted to me by my faith/religion.
  • The Constitution provides for a separation of church and state.
  • Therefore, any law or regulation pertaining to abortion, that is not supported by scientific fact, constitutes an endorsement of a religion(s).
  • Any law or regulation that endorses a religion(s), but not all religions, is therefore unconstititional.
  • The US Supreme court has ruled in this way may times over many years.
Here endeth the lesson.

A 5 week old fetus is not viable outside the womb

IMO it's akin to a person in a vegetative state and pilling the plug is no big deal

That said i think there is a point in a pregnancy where the fetus must be called a baby

I think viability outside the womb should be the determining factor as to when that distinction is made

IMO it's akin to a person in a vegetative state and pilling the plug is no big deal

That said i think there is a point in a pregnancy where the fetus must be called a baby

I think viability outside the womb should be the determining factor as to when that distinction is made

except a normal fetus has a very good chance of having a healthy life
someone in a vegetative state most likely does not
I don't see the comparison at all

A 5-week old fetus does not have a heart.
What your baby looks like — 5 weeks | BabyCenter

well you have no problem with killing human life that is your business....

Well...talk about a non-sequiter. You are a making a fallacious appeal to emotion. A 5 week old fetus is the size of a sesame seed, it has no heart and if it's an unwanted tenant in a woman's body I see no problem with evicting it at that stage of development.

Depends on where you go / what site. This one says the heart is starting to divide into chambers.....

a_101708847.jpg

What My Baby Looks Like in Week 5

A 5-week old fetus does not have a heart.
What your baby looks like — 5 weeks | BabyCenter

well you have no problem with killing human life that is your business....

Well...talk about a non-sequiter. You are a making a fallacious appeal to emotion. A 5 week old fetus is the size of a sesame seed, it has no heart and if it's an unwanted tenant in a woman's body I see no problem with evicting it at that stage of development.

no, I'm saying human life starts at conception.

except a normal fetus has a very good chance of having a healthy life
someone in a vegetative state most likely does not
I don't see the comparison at all

What constitutes your vision of "very good chance of having a healthy life?" (Premature Birth and Viability, Survival Statistics) According to the March of Dimes and the, Quint Boenker Preemie Survival Foundation, even at 24 weeks the odds of mere survival are just 17%. I have to tell you that there are very few, if any, things having a 17% chance of occurring and that I'd thus wager my resources on their happening.

Now would I bet your resources on such an event occurring? Sure, why not; it'll have no real impact on me if it doesn't happen, and I win if it does. That essentially is what goes on when folks tell other folks they should or should not have an abortion.

I think to that you, everyone, should refrain from writing about "normal." Quite frankly, there's little "normal" about a fetus' departing the womb prior before having gestated there for about nine months. About the only thing "normal" about that happening is found in the fact that miscarriages happen, and that they can and do makes them among the normal, foreseeable, outcomes of pregnancy. In contrast, a fetus becoming a lump of iron would not be something anyone anticipates as a pregnancy outcome, and it is thus not normal.

Forum List

Back