why do you sin/free will

if you believe in total free will, why do you sin??
these priests, of all people, should know not to sin---but they do..why? -- if there is total free will

85% of murders are committed by males
murder is a sin [ yes? ]..85% is too large a number to refute/argue/etc
why do females ''''choose'''' not to commit the sin of murder at the rate that males do??
....some groups of humans commit murder at much higher rates than other groups..why? if there is total free will
Whys stop there?

View attachment 237114
FBI Crime and Statistics 2013

I'm just happy to see we're raping in bigger numbers. I don't whitey to be outdone in everything.
Are you black?

No. They may rape at a higher percentage, but we're holding higher numbers overall. It's good to see. They may be beating us at every major sport, but our rape game is still strong. :thup:

We're number 1 !!!!

This might be best answered with the verse that notes, "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." The trick, perhaps, is to work on strengthening one's spirit.

Also worth discussing is although men might be more guilty of murdering the body, are women more apt to attempt wounding/killing the spirits of others?

This might be best answered with the verse that notes, "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak." The trick, perhaps, is to work on strengthening one's spirit.

Also worth discussing is although men might be more guilty of murdering the body, are women more apt to attempt wounding/killing the spirits of others?

Why do you suggest that? They may do the same thing in different ways.

Make your case.

no it's not answered with verses
...I asked this one time to a bible guy and he said ''the devil made them sin''
...then I asked how did the devil get to them and not others/etc?...he couldn't answer

...then I asked how did the devil get to them and not others/etc?...he couldn't answer
The simple answer is that we sin for what we perceive as our earthy good. Unfortunately when someone else does the exact same thing we see what they did as wrong but never make the connection to what we did.

So I can totally see how someone would blame the devil for it. Because the rationalizations we make do not make logical sense.

Verses are offered as a reflection. Why is it atheists brush meaningful ones aside so that they can discuss, "The devil made me do it?" I don't believe that, nor do millions. Why give credence to some whack-a-doodle devil comment by discussing it?

The Bible notes sin starts from within, and to purify what is within so that one does not become like a sepulcher--shiny white on the outside, perhaps, but filled with filth and bones on the inside. The idea that our acts begin from within hearts/minds--i.e., how we think, what are thoughts are--is mentioned throughout the Bible. A man does not one day spontaneously grab a gun or a knife and murder. That thoughts control what we do/become is not only taught in Biblical Proverbs, but it has also surfaced in Chinese, Navajo, and Hindu teachings. You may be familiar with:

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thoughts become your words.
Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.
Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.
Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.
Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.

We have a choice on how we nurture or dismiss each of our thoughts. Nourishing bad/evil thoughts is going to build a bad or evil spirit within us. Nurturing good/loving thoughts is going to create a good spirit within. In many respects we do much to create ourselves. Who we become has much to do with our own doing, our own choices.

(Pogo, does this assist you in helping understanding my case?)

The simple answer is that we sin for what we perceive as our earthy good. Unfortunately when someone else does the exact same thing we see what they did as wrong but never make the connection to what we did.

So I can totally see how someone would blame the devil for it. Because the rationalizations we make do not make logical sense.
But if not for the earthly goods, then why are we here?

Verses are offered as a reflection. Why is it atheists brush meaningful ones aside so that they can discuss, "The devil made me do it?" I don't believe that, nor do millions. Why give credence to some whack-a-doodle devil comment by discussing it?

The Bible notes sin starts from within, and to purify what is within so that one does not become like a sepulcher--shiny white on the outside, perhaps, but filled with filth and bones on the inside. The idea that our acts begin from within hearts/minds--i.e., how we think, what are thoughts are--is mentioned throughout the Bible. A man does not one day spontaneously grab a gun or a knife and murder. That thoughts control what we do/become is not only taught in Biblical Proverbs, but it has also surfaced in Chinese, Navajo, and Hindu teachings. You may be familiar with:

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thoughts become your words.
Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.
Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.
Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.
Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.

We have a choice on how we nurture or dismiss each of our thoughts. Nourishing bad/evil thoughts is going to build a bad or evil spirit within us. Nurturing good/loving thoughts is going to create a good spirit within. In many respects we do much to create ourselves. Who we become has much to do with our own doing, our own choices.

(Pogo, does this assist you in helping understanding my case?)
So Meri, why do you sin? Gotta get your freak on once and a while?

To answer that question you have to look at the trend of what matter and energy has done since the beginning of space and time and to recognize that consciousness is a new thing that will do likewise.

Do you exist solely for material pleasures?

To answer that question you have to look at the trend of what matter and energy has done since the beginning of space and time and to recognize that consciousness is a new thing that will do likewise.
So consciousness is a "thing", not a "no thing"? Please provide proof of it being a "thing".

It's got to be at least part of the reason that we are here. Earthly goods, man, like nice big titties. :biggrin:

So consciousness is a "thing", not a "no thing"? Please provide proof of it being a "thing".
Consciousness that proceed from you is incorporeal. Which means it proceeds from a material thing.

Consciousness which exists outside of space and time has no material form and in no way is associated with a thing other than it created the material world.

It's got to be at least part of the reason that we are here. Earthly goods, man, like nice big titties. :biggrin:
I would say enjoying creation is a good thing. But when we worship the created rather than the creator predictable surprises will follow.

Consciousness that proceed from you is incorporeal. Which means it proceeds from a material thing.

Consciousness which exists outside of space and time has no material form and in no way is associated with a thing other than it created the material world.
But the consciousness inside us wasn't made by a thing, now was it?

I would say enjoying creation is a good thing. But when we worship the created rather than the creator predictable surprises will follow.
Like what? Getting a woodie?

The spirit that God put in you is not your consciousness. Your consciousness is separate from God.

Like what? Getting a woodie?
Sometimes.

The spirit that God put in you is not your consciousness. Your consciousness is separate from God.
Do you make this shit up as you go along? :lol:

Do you make this shit up as you go along? :lol:
No. It is well thought out. I have been searching for truth for 23 years.

Forum List

Back