CDZ Why do you hate the U.S.?

In response to this debate on the US overthrowing Saddam Hussien, the US military killed more Iraqi civilians than Saddam Hussien ever did. The pentagon carried on the same inhumane torture and rape bullshit too.

If the United States didn't enter Iraq in 2003, then millions of Iraqi civilians would be alive today. Their lives were irrelevant as long as the US could save their oil supply.
So you blame the actions of terrorists on the US overthrowing Saddam? Interesting. While I readily agree invading and occupying Iraq was huuuuuge blunder, to blame the US for the actions of al-Qaeda and ISIS is silly.

I never said anything about your being a Mexican.

Your hatred of this country could be Islamist in nature.

Whatever, that's not the point. Americans have such a high inflated ego of themselves, that they automatically assume they are the only country with illegal immigrants.
It's human nature for people to think they are the center of the universe. The US isn't alone in having "such a high inflated ego of themselves". I invite you to go to any bar in the world and say "This country sucks dicks" and see what happens. :)

While I readily agree invading and occupying Iraq was huuuuuge blunder, to blame the US for the actions of al-Qaeda and ISIS is silly.

No, in fact, the US military directly killed more civilians that both al-qaeda and ISIS.

The US has killed more innocent civilians that every terrorist group in the past century combined.

Selecting a gif for a signature that shows the flipping of the bird before burning an American flag is just some valid criticism now, is it?
Valid is not the word I would use. It is a Constitutional right to have freedom of expression, freedom of speech or voicing your grievances to government. I don't particularly care for that type of criticism, but I'm not going to stop someone from expressing their Constitutional rights.

I never said anything about your being a Mexican.

Your hatred of this country could be Islamist in nature.

Whatever, that's not the point. Americans have such a high inflated ego of themselves, that they automatically assume they are the only country with illegal immigrants.

I don't see millions of folks desperate to get into Ethiopia

Selecting a gif for a signature that shows the flipping of the bird before burning an American flag is just some valid criticism now, is it?
Valid is not the word I would use. It is a Constitutional right to have freedom of expression, freedom of speech or voicing your grievances to government. I don't particularly care for that type of criticism, but I'm not going to stop someone from expressing their Constitutional rights.

Should I assume you were absent from school that day in the 7th grade when the teacher let you know that constitutional rights are for CITIZENS?

Besides, I have never indicated that the government should criminalize the speech of illegal immigrants. I just think it is silly to come to a country illegally and then do nothing but bash it.

Should I assume you were absent from school that day in the 7th grade when the teacher let you know that constitutional rights are for CITIZENS?

Besides, I have never indicated that the government should criminalize the speech of illegal immigrants. I just think it is silly to come to a country illegally and then do nothing but bash it.
Technically, you are correct. And doing nothing but bashing the country does get old. But I'm more interested the reason for the bashing.

BTW, I wasn't absent from school. I was just dealing with the reality that in 6th grade, girls had cooties; but in the 7th, it was like, "What was that?"

While I readily agree invading and occupying Iraq was huuuuuge blunder, to blame the US for the actions of al-Qaeda and ISIS is silly.

No, in fact, the US military directly killed more civilians that both al-qaeda and ISIS.

The US has killed more innocent civilians that every terrorist group in the past century combined.
Disagreed, but you are free to hate the US. Are you free to hate your own country where you live? Many countries have laws against expressing disgust with their government, burning the national flag, etc.

What if they are from a different country, would never badmouth their own country, but love to scream "Death to America!!!"?

...If another country did this to your neighborhood...

...wouldn't you hate them as well?
It would depend upon whether the act was intentional or not. Whether it was an act to attack combatants or to maximize civilian casualties.

cd8930ac-85f2-41e7-83c2-fc5d94923e6f.jpg

Disagreed, but you are free to hate the US. Are you free to hate your own country where you live? Many countries have laws against expressing disgust with their government, burning the national flag, etc.
Have you spent anytime thinking about "why" people hate us?
Yes. I have a Masters in International Relations and served a career as an officer. I've traveled the world and seen first hand how others live and what the US has done to help. We've done some bad things too. Made some major mistakes, but unlike you, I see both the good and the bad.

HAITI_CIVMAR2.jpg

c38f0fe75ec4a4ad947151ca952eb347.jpg

240013_221856641165873_171088886242649_884424_8206516_o.jpg

305466-09.30.14%20-%20USAID-DCHA%20West%20Africa%20DRR%20Program%20Map%20%231%20-%20FY%202014%20(1).png

Under the standard "oppressor/oppressed" template that the Left applies to most relationships, America is usually the oppressor and most other countries are the oppressed. So they're very quick to point out our flaws and hate our history and traditions, since we pretty much start off as the bad guy.

Under the standard "oppressor/oppressed" template that the Left applies to most relationships, America is usually the oppressor and most other countries are the oppressed. So they're very quick to point out our flaws and hate our history and traditions, since we pretty much start off as the bad guy.
Agreed, "they're very quick to point out our flaws and hate our history and traditions".

These aren't just supporters of "the Left". These are anti-Americans who support the destruction of the US government and the American way of life. They are using our own open and free society against us. One of the problems of having an open and free society, unlike a closed one such as the Soviet Union, the PRC or ISIS, is that such people can move freely within it until they attack. It worked for the Tsarnaev brothers, it worked for Tashfeen Malik and Syed Farook and it will work for these guys.

I imagine they make amoral people feel uncomfortable and therefore critical of the practice of looking at things from the perspective of morality. Appeals to Nationalism is the last refuge of the amoral.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back