CDZ American Health Care 5 Act of 2017

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
Yesterday, I saw a CNN segment in which Martin Savidge interviewed Battle Creek, MI voters. Savidge asked them about the GOP plan to replace O-care. (I wish the video were on CNN's site, but it's not, at least not yet.)

Among the things he asked was, "Do you know anything about the details of the new GOP health insurance plan?" To a person, their answer was "no," yet they all had an opinion about it. Each of them based their views on the proposed bill on what they "felt" it would be like and do. Are they f*cking serious? I know they were because why wouldn't they be!

I liked to have fallen over! "No?" WTF? How the hell can one deign to have an opinion about a piece of legislation about which one doesn't know anything? Each of them remarked that health insurance is in the news so much that they are sick of hearing it and just tune out. What?!? And presumably these people vote! I'm sorry, but that truly scares me. How can someone get on national television and openly express an opinion on a topic about which one knows not Jack Sh*t?

Just what kind of "sheeple" did Savidge find to interview? How many similar people are there in the U.S. and voting?

Anyway, just in case there is someone here who hasn't already read the text of the GOP O-care replacement, one'll find it attached to this post. It's not a long document. Take the time to read it. If you're going to have something to say about the bill, at least know what the hell it says. Don't rely on the "Cliff Notes."

Attachments

• AmericanHealthCareAct-Budget.pdf
    296.7 KB · Views: 129
Yesterday, I saw a CNN segment in which Martin Savidge interviewed Battle Creek, MI voters. Savidge asked them about the GOP plan to replace O-care. (I wish the video were on CNN's site, but it's not, at least not yet.)

Among the things he asked was, "Do you know anything about the details of the new GOP health insurance plan?" To a person, their answer was "no," yet they all had an opinion about it. Each of them based their views on the proposed bill on what they "felt" it would be like and do. Are they f*cking serious? I know they were because why wouldn't they be!

I liked to have fallen over! "No?" WTF? How the hell can one deign to have an opinion about a piece of legislation about which one doesn't know anything? Each of them remarked that health insurance is in the news so much that they are sick of hearing it and just tune out. What?!? And presumably these people vote! I'm sorry, but that truly scares me. How can someone get on national television and openly express an opinion on a topic about which one knows not Jack Sh*t?

Just what kind of "sheeple" did Savidge find to interview? How many similar people are there in the U.S. and voting?

Anyway, just in case there is someone here who hasn't already read the text of the GOP O-care replacement, one'll find it attached to this post. It's not a long document. Take the time to read it. If you're going to have something to say about the bill, at least know what the hell it says. Don't rely on the "Cliff Notes."
most people who dont like "obamacare" have no idea what it is

I suppose that may also be so. It wouldn't surprise me seeing as it is long document. Hell, I've countless times on USMB, and with regard to people who ostensibly care about a given topic, observed that they won't even read short (~5-50 pages) documents that provide excellent information on the topic in question, information that I know from reading the individuals' comments they cannot possibly be aware of, unless, that is, they are just "bat sh*t" bonkers or raging ignoramuses.

I suppose that may also be so. It wouldn't surprise me seeing as it is long document. Hell, I've countless times on USMB, and with regard to people who ostensibly care about a given topic, observed that they won't even read short (~5-50 pages) documents that provide excellent information on the topic in question, information that I know from reading the individuals' comments they cannot possibly be aware of, unless, that is, they are just "bat sh*t" bonkers or raging ignoramuses.
It's not about the healthcare law at all, understand?

I give the "2017" guy some props for having the integrity to say he doesn't know why he preferred the ACA. There was plenty else wrong with this reply, but at least he was honest about not knowing why he had a preference. That's at least a start. There may be hope for that guy.

OT:

Interviewer: Do you know Obamacare and the Affordable Care Act are the same things?
Blond Woman: No, they're not.

"No, they're not," she said!!! Then she smiled. She didn't even have the sense to be embarrassed. She thought it was funny! And she, like most of the people interviewed, is a Trumpkin.

I bet that same woman would get very pissed off with someone who told her straight that she's ignorant, yet nothing could be farther from the truth, yet if they told her she provided a fine example of the Dunning-Kruger effect, she'd likely be thrilled.

Forum List

Back