CDZ Why do you hate the U.S.?

Were you acknowledging what I posted or did you miss it? :dunno:

You were making a false equivalency based on the misconception that the US was a country, and not a state.

One could hate the German Reich and not Germany, just like someone can hate the United States and not America.
Believe what you want, I'll call it a country, you can split hairs all day long for all I care but I'm not the demagogic ideologue here.

Believe what you want, I'll call it a country, you can split hairs all day long for all I care but I'm not the demagogic ideologue here.

You are allowed to be semantically incorrect. It confuses the hell out of those that use their words appropriately, but that's your call.

I flew around a good part of the world for 31 years. I've been to over 35 countries--stopped counting how many years go. I lived outside the U.S. three times. In those years, I learned a little bit about other countries. Those travels taught me a lot more about the U.S.

Is the U.S. government corrupt and incompetent?
Yes, but on a kindergarten level compared to most at the college level.

Is the U.S. violent and dangerous?
Yes, but on a kindergarten level compared to most at the college level.

I could go on but rather than read an old man's rant, travel. See for yourself. Spend years, decades traveling like I did. Then come home to the U.S. and see if you can speak ill of her in comparison to the world.

9efb5e14bbcdd65761c536d8e7131f8f.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, but on a kindergarten level compared to most.

The US is largely responsible for the corruption and violence around the world in the first place.

For 60 years the US has been the most active in meddling with the affairs of other countries. Whether it involved setting up puppets using the CIA, financing terrorist "freedom fighters" through the state department, or stealing wealth through state influenced multinationals.

Not exactly a compliment, and not remotely true either. Americans exhaust every evil option, and then rinse and repeat. Often they will just put a new spin on the same old evil bullshit.

The US is largely responsible for the corruption and violence around the world in the first place.

For 60 years the US has been the most active in meddling with the affairs of other countries. Whether it involved setting up puppets using the CIA, financing terrorist "freedom fighters" through the state department, or stealing wealth through state influenced multinationals.

Not exactly a compliment, and not remotely true. Americans exhaust every evil option, and then rinse and repeat. Often they will just put a new spin on the same old evil bullshit.

You ignored my earlier inquiry. Are you in your 20's?

I don't hate the United states, but then again -- I am well adjusted and so have no need to blame my own country for the fact I am useless and disgruntled.

You ignored my earlier inquiry. Are you in your 20's?

I took care to keep all my personal details on USMB private. Debate the subject, not the person
When all you're doing is throwing out accusations (primarily about the US) that is far from correct and not backing it up with an overarching totality of empirical fact. Based on that one can only assume your knowledge of international events and interaction (that is Machiavellian at best) is limited only to US interaction without related, all encompassing cause and effect.
Hence it is obvious you're totality of knowledge in this area is excruciatingly limited therefore the only thing you appear to be able to do is espouse demagoguery. That is not an attack on you, it's an observation of your approach to the subject.

I took care to keep all my personal details on USMB private. Debate the subject, not the person

I understand. Perfectly reasonable response. I thought fleshing out your background and depth of experience might strengthen your position and help you advance your ideas. I put mine out there for the same purpose.

Sticking to the subject of hating the U.S., your position is quite intense. Did you form this opinion through life experience or travel? Books? Lectures? College?

By understanding how this hatred is developed, those of us reading this can better understand and contribute to the clean debate. Personally, a life of travel around the world has taught me not to hate anything or anyone. And to appreciate this country.

The US has an evil history, but I think that is largely irrelevant to what is happening today.

Today the US is financing war and terror across the globe, pushing economic neoimperialist policies in third world countries, and terrorizing its own citizens domestically with absurd policy and extreme institutionalized violence.

I suppose the United States presents a geopolitcal challenge to Russian and Chinese power, but it would be stupid to support an evil empire just because it keeps another evil empire in check.

Wow, the rest of this got exciting huh.

Out of the big three, the U.S., Russia and China is the U.S. not the least bad to say the least?

Also isn't the U.S. the most likely to pull off more good on any given day where if there were not a balance to Putin and China things get exciting quickly?

Assad though you like more?

Let me clarify that I do not like Assad at all. He is an authoritarian despot and war criminal.

I just hate the US a lot more, and the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Onyx brought this up. I believe there are plenty of reasons to hate the U.S. The Tuskegee Experiment, Hiroshima, and the virtual eradication of the Native Americans come to mind.

Overall though I don't think of the U.S. as the bad guys on the block and generally think the world would be a better place if U.S. policy succeeds.

So to what level and why do you hate the U.S.?
US policy succeeds in what? Bombing the crap out of 3rd world nations? If another country did this to your neighborhood...

https://postimage.org/

...wouldn't you hate them as well?

If I am feeling anything right now, it is only pity towards any individual who has so little going for them that they are forever acting out as a result.

There you go again...

I didn't go anywhere.

Since you claim to be an illegal immigrant and have a burning hatred of this country, perhaps it is you who should go. I imagine you would be much happier returning to that veritable paradise you left in order to sneak in to this country.

America is #1. It is human nature to hate #1 if you are not #1.
No.1 in what? The number of people incarcerated in its prisons? The largest inequality of wealth between its citizens? The largest amount of money spent on defense? The most money spent for the least amount of healthcare?

Yeah, we're No.1 in a lot of things.

Assad though you like more?

Let me clarify that I do not like Assad at all. He is an authoritarian despot and war criminal.

I just hate the US a lot more, and the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Onyx brought this up. I believe there are plenty of reasons to hate the U.S. The Tuskegee Experiment, Hiroshima, and the virtual eradication of the Native Americans come to mind.

Overall though I don't think of the U.S. as the bad guys on the block and generally think the world would be a better place if U.S. policy succeeds.

So to what level and why do you hate the U.S.?
US policy succeeds in what? Bombing the crap out of 3rd world nations? If another country did this to your neighborhood...

...wouldn't you hate them as well?

It depends but it is a possibility.

For Example:

If I was a bit of a progressive Muslimin Iraq and the U.S. removed Saddam the evil dictator and hit my house unintentionally then I would probably adjust myself to it.

If I were a good Iraqi Ba'ath party member's son and that happened to Grandma's I would most likely hold a grudge.

I didn't go anywhere.

Since you claim to be an illegal immigrant and have a burning hatred of this country, perhaps it is you who should go. I imagine you would be much happier returning to that veritable paradise you left in order to sneak in to this country.
Why does he have to be the one to leave? Why can't you be the one who changes?

Forum List

Back