CDZ Why do you hate the U.S.?

It depends but it is a possibility.

For Example:

If I was a bit of a progressive Muslimin Iraq and the U.S. removed Saddam the evil dictator and hit my house unintentionally then I would probably adjust myself to it.

If I were a good Iraqi Ba'ath party member's son and that happened to Grandma's I would most likely hold a grudge.
I'm talking about you. If someone did that to your house would you say, "thank you"? Or tell yourself they didn't mean to and call it a day? Would you really go "oh well, collateral damage; guess I'll have to start over?"

C'mon, man!

America has it flaws but you never read about Americans fleeing to Mexico to live illegally so they can support their family here.

America is not perfect and never will be, but to hate this country tell me those that do and are from here have never been anywhere else in their short lived life...

I didn't go anywhere.

Since you claim to be an illegal immigrant and have a burning hatred of this country, perhaps it is you who should go. I imagine you would be much happier returning to that veritable paradise you left in order to sneak in to this country.
Why does he have to be the one to leave? Why can't you be the one who changes?

If the individual is here illegally then the law state they must go.

Why should a country allow people in it that hate it!?!

Would you change if I moved into your home illegally and told you I hate you and everything about you or would you demand I leave and live somewhere I feel more comfortable.

I didn't go anywhere.

Since you claim to be an illegal immigrant and have a burning hatred of this country, perhaps it is you who should go. I imagine you would be much happier returning to that veritable paradise you left in order to sneak in to this country.
Why does he have to be the one to leave? Why can't you be the one who changes?

Why should I change to be like an illegal immigrant who hates this country?
Why would a person go to such effort to infiltrate a country he despises, anyway?
I can certainly think of some nefarious reasons, but it makes no sense to break the law in order to invade a country one hates.

America has it flaws but you never read about Americans fleeing to Mexico to live illegally so they can support their family here.

America is not perfect and never will be, but to hate this country tell me those that do and are from here have never been anywhere else in their short lived life...
America has flaws alright and one of our biggest ones is our unwillingness to admit them.

America has flaws alright and one of our biggest ones is our unwillingness to admit them.

America admit it, but what you want is everyone to live with guilt from something that happen generations ago!

Is the U.S. government corrupt and incompetent?
Yes, but on a kindergarten level compared to most.

Is the U.S. violent and dangerous?
Yes, but on a kindergarten level compared to most.

The US is largely responsible for the corruption and violence around the world in the first place.

For 60 years the US has been the most active in meddling with the affairs of other countries. Whether it involved setting up puppets using the CIA, financing terrorist "freedom fighters" through the state department, or stealing wealth through state influenced multinationals.

9efb5e14bbcdd65761c536d8e7131f8f.jpg

Not exactly a compliment, and not remotely true. Americans exhaust every evil option, and then rinse and repeat. Often they will just put a new spin on the same old evil bullshit.

You ignored my earlier inquiry. Are you in your 20's?
williepete and Onyx Ringel05
If your questions concern someone's perception or knowledge of US history make that more clear, give examples of historic events, or stats on opinion polls showing that younger generations have gaps in knowledge or biases. If you are citing a general trend, that is more clear you aren't trying to address the poster personally.

This is a subjective question, so thanks for trying your best to keep this clean and on topic.

Why would a person go to such effort to infiltrate a country he despises, anyway?
I can certainly think of some nefarious reasons, but it makes no sense to break the law in order to invade a country one hates.
We make up reasons to invade country's we don't hate, isn't that worse? Is it that hard to put the shoe on the other foot and figure out why he hates this country? Maybe he doesn't WANT to hate this country, but hates the fact that is the only choice he has, given the circumstances? Why do you think coming to this country in search of a better life, is an "infiltration"?

We make up reasons to invade country's we don't hate, isn't that worse? Is it that hard to put the shoe on the other foot and figure out why he hates this country? Maybe he doesn't WANT to hate this country, but hates the fact that is the only choice he has, given the circumstances? Why do you think coming to this country in search of a better life, is an "infiltration"?

If the individual does it legally then great. If they come here with a work visa or was granted permission to become a resident then great.

Coming here illegally is another story and why should it be condone when even Mexico frown on illegal immigration!?!

America admit it, but what you want is everyone to live with guilt from something that happen generations ago!
How do you know what I want, if you don't even know what I'm talking about?

Read your responses so far and you seem to believe Americans should change their laws to accommodate illegal aliens while ignoring the reality even Mexico frown on illegal immigration.

Also you claimed America never admit it wrong doings, and has done it and you seem to forget that.

So it seem you want America to live in guilt and that will never happen!

Coming to this country with an appreciation of the better life it affords one is not an act of infiltration.

Doing nothing but demonizing this country while living here illegally IS.

Here's a corollary question for my other thread members to think about...

"Do you think someone who criticizes this country,
does it because they hate this country?"

or its inverse...

"Do you think someone who refuses to criticize this country, does it because they love this country?"

It depends but it is a possibility.

For Example:

If I was a bit of a progressive Muslimin Iraq and the U.S. removed Saddam the evil dictator and hit my house unintentionally then I would probably adjust myself to it.

If I were a good Iraqi Ba'ath party member's son and that happened to Grandma's I would most likely hold a grudge.
I'm talking about you. If someone did that to your house would you say, "thank you"? Or tell yourself they didn't mean to and call it a day? Would you really go "oh well, collateral damage; guess I'll have to start over?"

C'mon, man!

No, I replied rationally and realistically based on how humans have reacted throughout history.

Consider during my Grandparent's lifetime the U.S. (British & other Allies) did this:

800px-Puinhopen_in_het_zwaar_beschadigde_Arnhem.jpg

to Arnhem. I have noticed little Dutch resentment.

. I believe there are plenty of reasons to hate the U.S. The Tuskegee Experiment, Hiroshima, and the virtual eradication of the Native Americans come to mind.

Okay....As an American citizen, I can't say I have any reason to hate the United States. I can "get with" hating some, even many, of the things it's people and leaders have done, but hate the U.S? No.

. I believe there are plenty of reasons to hate the U.S. The Tuskegee Experiment, Hiroshima, and the virtual eradication of the Native Americans come to mind.

Okay....As an American citizen, I can't say I have any reason to hate the United States. I can "get with" hating some, even many, of the things it's people and leaders have done, but hate the U.S? No.

It is a battle of words and you have a valid point. Is it possible to hate the whole U.S. for the misdeeds of some.

Maybe if I were on the receiving end of Manifest Destiny I would admire some U.S. Senators and U.S. accomplishments while hating the decisions of the Country as a whole? That is probably the mature way of viewing it.

Really I was amazed at Onyx's statement from another thread and could have explained myself better.

Read your responses so far and you seem to believe Americans should change their laws to accommodate illegal aliens while ignoring the reality even Mexico frown on illegal immigration.

Also you claimed America never admit it wrong doings, and has done it and you seem to forget that.

So it seem you want America to live in guilt and that will never happen!
I said we have an unwillingness to admit our flaws and you try to make this about me.

...what I seem to believe...what I think Americans should change...what I seem to have forgot...what guilt I seem to want America to live in...

All that from me saying we're unwilling to admit our flaws. Why couldn't you have asked, "What flaws are we refusing to admit?" Or a better question is, "why didn't you ask that question?"

No, I replied rationally and realistically based on how humans have reacted throughout history.

Consider during my Grandparent's lifetime the U.S. (British & other Allies) did this:

800px-Puinhopen_in_het_zwaar_beschadigde_Arnhem.jpg

to Arnhem. I have noticed little Dutch resentment.
I didn't ask about how humans reacted throughout history. I asked how would YOU react, if someone blew your home to bits? I want to know what YOU think? I want to know how YOU would feel, if that happened to YOU?

Forum List

Back