Why do people immigrant to the united states?

LOL, I've been all over Mexico it's a beautiful country. I've been over parts of Japan, again, a beautiful country. You look at Mt Fuji and tell me that this is better. You look at the square in Guadalaja or the Palace De Bellas Artes in Mexico City and tell me this is better. Go visit the Anthropological Museum in Mexico City or Chapultapec Park and tell me how much greater things are here. Check out the clean city streets in Tokyo where you can't find a trashcan to save your life, but people take their trash home rather than mess up their streets. How can you say it's better here? Bet you haven't been THERE.

America is beautiful, but so are those other countries and you'll never convince me that we're better. We're just DIFFERENT! In our city here there are no less than 2 tent cities, sometimes 3. This is not better than the shacks outside of Mexico city, this is WORSE!

People do not come here for the natural beauties of this country, they do not stay home for the natural beauties of their own countries. The arts, museums and architecture I am very sure is the last thing the masses coming here are interested in.

As to cleanliness i agree the Japanese are the best, its a cultural thing. Ever take a look at the ares of cities where its mostly illegals? It is ALWAYS the filthy part of the city.

If the other countries are so great then why are their people leaving in droves heading here? If the other countries are so great then why aren't Americans sneaking into those countries and living there instead of here?

Yes we are DIFFERENT, we are also BETTER then what ever hole the people coming here had. Otherwise they would not be coming.

We aren't sneaking into their countries because they would KILL us if we tried.

Yep, go that part.Then again how do you know, ever try it? But still asking the question. If America is ssssooooo bad why do that still come?

Again: they won't LET us. We can't move to those countries, ANY country legally. My husband and I tried when he was laid off for 3 years. American's aren't wanted anywhere but America and with all the Hispanics, we aren't even wanted here.

So do what the illegals do, get on a plane, get off the plane, never get back on the plane. You know storm the border.

José;2475334 said:
What???

Do Europe, Japan, Australia, Canada WHERE MILLIONS OF HUMAN BEINGS RESIDE have anything even remotely similar to "garbage strewn streets infested with begger-children"?!?!?!?!?!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

It's true that prices in the US are somewhat lower than in the rest of the developed world but this is compensated by statistcs like this, among other things:

List of countries by intentional homicide rate per year per 100,000 inhabitants:

United States: 5.7

Singapore: 0.39

What about Mexico's strong middle-class (more than 50% of the population)? Why do you remain willfully ignorant of the existence of more than 50 million mexicans whose standard of living is very similar to the american middle class?

Not to mention millions of Indian, Chinese, Russian and Brazilian citizens who for all practical purposes already live in "America", ie, have a first world standard of living.

Why do you conveniently sweep under the carpet more than 2 billion of your fellow human beings scatered all over the world only to perpetuate the GROTESQUE CARICATURE of America as an island of prosperity surrounded by misery, Samson?

There's no need to add anything else, folks...

I rest my case about the nationalist indoctrination of the super patriotic american clown.
Again: If it sucks here so bad, quit bitching and move.

Again: they won't LET us. We can't move to those countries, ANY country legally. My husband and I tried when he was laid off for 3 years. American's aren't wanted anywhere but America and with all the Hispanics, we aren't even wanted here.
I wasn't talking to you.

Originally posted by daveman
Again: If it sucks here so bad, quit bitching and move.

I did... lived legally in America for about two years and left.

Now I'm seriously thinking about getting a tourist visa and arranging a fake marriage as soon as I arrive at JFK International Airport...

Just to piss off the USMB crowd. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sheila, I don't want to be mean, but this post makes absolutely no sense. There's 50,000 American Expats living here in Costa Rica alone, and they're treated like royalty. Americans can pretty much move anywhere they want, cuz they bring in the cash. There's expats all over this continent; and even Americans who move to our countries 'illegally' pretty much just stay unbothered most of the time. My high school history teacher (she was from Iowa) lived here for 10 years illegally.

I'm not just making this up. This is the flip side of foreigners sneaking into the US to make more money. What many Americans don't realize is that if you're lower middle class in the US with an ok pension, you can live like a king in many of these places. You can just look it up on google "American expats in Mexico," "american expats in argentina," etc. etc. If you really were trying to move somewhere else, I'm kind of curious as to what problems you faced.

Living Abroad : Articles : Mexico
10 Most Suitable Countries for American Expatriates | Expatify
Expat Argentina | Expat Intelligence

José;2475334 said:
What about Mexico's strong middle-class (more than 50% of the population)? Why do you remain willfully ignorant of the existence of more than 50 million mexicans whose standard of living is very similar to the american middle class?

The Mexican middle-class:

4645997962_1b03c49de5_o.jpg

I came here because I landed a job.

America is awesome. I love it. Americans are the most optimistic people I've ever met, and that's great.

But I may leave one day if America doesn't get its shit together. I'll watch from the Caymans or some other tax haven if you don't do something about your government liabilities.

But I imagine Americans will get it right in the end, so I'll probably stay.

America is awesome. I love it. Americans are the most optimistic people I've ever met, and that's great.

But I may leave one day if America doesn't get its shit together. I'll watch from the Caymans or some other tax haven if you don't do something about your government liabilities.

What if the USA was invaded?

Would you join the US Army, or return to a neutral Canada?

Invaded? By whom?

Besides, I'm too old. My son wants to go into the marines though.

Invaded? By whom?

Besides, I'm too old. My son wants to go into the marines though.

Really, it was more of a food for thought question, but I'll accept the evasion of an answer as "Yes, I'd run like hell back to Canada." I don't really blame you.

I had a Messkin Friend who maintained duel citizenship, who said he, and all his Messkin buddies with duel citizenship and green cards would high-tail it back to Messko if the USA ever got in a real shooting war that necessitated the return of the draft.

I myself had duel citizenship: As an Army Brat born in Germany, my parents allowed me to choose citizenship when I was 18. Germany had (has?) the draft, so I renounced German citizenship, but registered for the US draft.

What I'm not interested in is if your kid wants to join the US Marines vs the Canadian Marines.

Really, it was more of a food for thought question, but I'll accept the evasion of an answer as "Yes, I'd run like hell back to Canada." I don't really blame you.

I had a Messkin Friend who maintained duel citizenship, who said he, and all his Messkin buddies with duel citizenship and green cards would high-tail it back to Messko if the USA ever got in a real shooting war that necessitated the return of the draft.

I myself had duel citizenship: As an Army Brat born in Germany, my parents allowed me to choose citizenship when I was 18. Germany had (has?) the draft, so I renounced German citizenship, but registered for the US draft.

What I'm not interested in is if your kid wants to join the US Marines vs the Canadian Marines.

There are no Canadian marines.

Put it this way - instead of war since war is rare, who does one cheer for in sports, since sports happen all the time? I cheer for Canada. Sorry, I do. But I cheer for America next.

The typical pattern for an immigrant is that he retains a strong emotional attachment to his homeland. The slowly dissipates over time as he becomes more integrated into his new country but it usually remains strong for his whole life. His children feel attachment first to their country of birth, their new country but retain links to their heritage and country of origin. However they don't feel the same emotional pull to their heritage as their parents. To the immigrant's grandchildren, their heritage is more a trivia question.

Generally, your emotional attachment is to where you grew up.

See, I feel this is a perfectly reasonable and healthy type of patriotism. Sure, I disagree with the "best place to live on earth" part, but that's understandable cuz I'm not American. But a combination of system, location, and luck works. The entire "I am the best fucker here cuz I landed on the right parcel of land!" mentality is what's pathetically insecure and sad.

So props Charles!

Ep....this may be off topic but....i know at least 4 people who have vacationed in Costa Rica and everyone of them says ...you got a real nice hole in the wall down there,and they loved visiting there....ok carry on....:eusa_angel:

For you to leave, we either have to let our sewage system go all to hell, or just continue to have a 'vacumn in leadership'. Or, both; may be intertwined.
Anyways',
'it's a hard life to get ahead in, cause all the good things have been taken'- old gringo saying.
Enjoy your remaining stay :lol:.

There are no Canadian marines.

Put it this way - instead of war since war is rare, who does one cheer for in sports, since sports happen all the time? I cheer for Canada. Sorry, I do. But I cheer for America next.

The typical pattern for an immigrant is that he retains a strong emotional attachment to his homeland. The slowly dissipates over time as he becomes more integrated into his new country but it usually remains strong for his whole life. His children feel attachment first to their country of birth, their new country but retain links to their heritage and country of origin. However they don't feel the same emotional pull to their heritage as their parents. To the immigrant's grandchildren, their heritage is more a trivia question.

Generally, your emotional attachment is to where you grew up.

Historically, many immigrants have joined the US armed services.

I think what you're saying is that The USA cannot count on Immigrant Canadians unless its a year they win a Gold Medal in Olympic Hockey.:tongue:

They come From every country, all over the world, people risk their lives, use all their savings, sneak over our borders in the middle of the night.

And they don't leave. They don't go back to their country. They stay here.

They come here because we are the greatest country in the world.

They stay because we are the greatest country in the world.

So why does our President berate us at every opportunity?

Food for thought.

More food for thought ..... why do they work so hard to try and make America like their home country .... I say, come here and assimilate or go home and change your own country.

Forum List

Back