Why Do Liberals Promote Atheism While Belief in God is Stigmatized?

garyganu

May 4, 2012
Why Do Liberals Promote The Religion Of Atheism In the Public Square? Atheism is embraced and promoted by public schools, universities and even on public memorials. Why are all representations of God being removed from public life? Why do 80% of college graduates lose their faith in God by the time they graduate?

The Declaration of Independence and all 50 states constitutions are based on an almighty God as our higher power. 50 States Can't Be Wrong | thereluctantsinger on Xanga

The belief in God (a higher power) is not a religion and is a much more reasonable belief than the belief in nothing. Our civil rights all come from God, not man, according to our founding documents. The US civil rights movement was led by God fearing men including Reverend Martin Luther King.

There is no other explanation for how life on Earth originally originated. Even staunch believers in evolution concede that they do not know how the first life on earth originality got started. With all of our modern science, scientists have never been able to create life out of something that has never lived.

There are more individual parts in a single cell organism than there are in a Boeing 747 jumbo jet. If a lightening bolt hit a primordial mud puddle, it is more likely that a Jumbo jet would emerge than a living organism.

Atheism is a very far fetched belief system. Atheism requires more "faith" than the belief in God.

Last edited:
Why doess the religious right lie about liberals?

I'm a Christian and a liberal....

However, I am firmly of the belief that God gave if free will. And if God wants us to choose or not to choose to accept him, who am I to go against God's will? I don't think God gave us free will just for us to go around demanding other people to worship the way I do.

Your whole attempt at Creationism vs. Evolution is totally irrelevant. You believe the way you want....let evolutionists believe the way they do. I happen to believe it's a combination of the two. I don't believe that the world is 4000 years old, I don't believe that Adam andEve rode around on Dinosaurs, I firmly believe in God and that he created the Universe.....but how he did it is much more complicated than you or I can conceive.

Atheism is not a belief in a faith, it is not even a faith, it is an ideaology, philosophy maybe, but no worship of a deity.

Given the fact that a vast majority of liberals are Christians, as well as others who belong to other faiths, the premise of your thread is idiotic.
Our civil rights all come from God, not man, according to our founding documents.

Incorrect. Our civil rights are a condition of our humanity, given by no man or deity, as the former is imperfect, and the latter does not exist.

Why does the religious right lie about liberals?

Fear, ignorance, and hate.

Why to extreme rightwingers always try and make the case that not following a faith is the same as being against it??

Just because we do not know exactly how life on earth origionated it has to be because of God?

I am not sure how to describe that "logic"...

Idiotic comes to mind.

If you want to believe it is because God did it that is fine with me just do no make me follow your rules by making laws to that effect.

Just because we do not know exactly how life on earth origionated it has to be because of God?

Idiotic comes to mind.

If you want to believe it is because God did it that is fine with me just do no make me follow your rules by making laws to that effect.
Wait a sec.....until you can prove otherwise, your theory on how the universe came to be, a religious explanation is every bit as relevant as a scientific one. I'm not telling you how to think or questioning your intelligence, don't question mine.

Idiotic comes to mind.

Wait a sec.....until you can prove otherwise, your theory on how the universe came to be, a religious explanation is every bit as relevant as a scientific one. I'm not telling you how to think or questioning your intelligence, don't question mine.

The difference here is that scientists are not demanding that their version be part of your church's teachings. But creationists are demanding that their religious version be taught in science classes.

Atheism is the official religion of Marxism

Idiotic comes to mind.

The difference here is that scientists are not demanding that their version be part of your church's teachings. But creationists are demanding that their religious version be taught in science classes.

Only by whackos. Most people believe that science belongs in a science class and religion belongs in church or as part of a cultural or religious studies class. In fact....there's nothing wrong with saying(in a science class)....."while there may be some religious differences of opinion on the subject, this is a science class and we will be exploring what we know and the theories on what we don't know accoding to science as we know it."

I mean, when I went to school we were capable of disseminating science from religion and even come up with ideas of our own with our own minds....kids today are much smarter than I was at their respective ages....I'm sure they can do the same.

Why do Republicans want to teach the "occult" as equal to science?

I really wish magic was real. I would learn spells and chants. Alas, there is no such thing as "spooks".

The bigger question is, why do atheists insist on pushing their brand of "religion" to the exclusion of any other expression? I think that propensity is what gets atheists equated with liberals. Liberals are also prone to pushing their ideals on everyone else, insisting that everyone behave as they deem fit.
Perhaps deep down, both atheists and liberals doubt whether what they believe is right. Could it be because atheists fear that if exposed to "faith", they might succumb. That would explain why atheists seek to expunge all outward expressions of faith.
And for the record, I am agnostic. For some reason, I have no fear of others' faiths or their expression of that faith.

The bigger question is, why do atheists insist on pushing their brand of "religion" to the exclusion of any other expression? I think that propensity is what gets atheists equated with liberals. Liberals are also prone to pushing their ideals on everyone else, insisting that everyone behave as they deem fit.
Perhaps deep down, both atheists and liberals doubt whether what they believe is right. Could it be because atheists fear that if exposed to "faith", they might succumb. That would explain why atheists seek to expunge all outward expressions of faith.
And for the record, I am agnostic. For some reason, I have no fear of others' faiths or their expression of that faith.

I think you are mistaking the separation of church & state for liberals pushing atheism.

I have not seen any liberals rallying against religions, per se. They just rally when the religions want to force their beliefs on others.

I think you are mistaking the separation of church & state for liberals pushing atheism.

I have not seen any liberals rallying against religions, per se. They just rally when the religions want to force their beliefs on others.

No, while I compare what atheists and liberals do to promote their separate philosophies, I understand the difference. But, are the atheists using the liberals to further their agenda, or vice-versa? Either way, what's the big deal about the 10 Commandments or a crucifix displayed, or if someone recites some prayer at some event? Why the fear? Why the consternation? Do the same people get all uppity if someone eats carrots in their presence?

Forum List

Back