Why Do Liberals Promote Atheism While Belief in God is Stigmatized?

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by garyganu, May 5, 2012.

1. garyganu

garyganu Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Why Do Liberals Promote The Religion Of Atheism In the Public Square? Atheism is embraced and promoted by public schools, universities and even on public memorials. Why are all representations of God being removed from public life? Why do 80% of college graduates lose their faith in God by the time they graduate?

The Declaration of Independence and all 50 states constitutions are based on an almighty God as our higher power. 50 States Can't Be Wrong | thereluctantsinger on Xanga

The belief in God (a higher power) is not a religion and is a much more reasonable belief than the belief in nothing. Our civil rights all come from God, not man, according to our founding documents. The US civil rights movement was led by God fearing men including Reverend Martin Luther King.

There is no other explanation for how life on Earth originally originated. Even staunch believers in evolution concede that they do not know how the first life on earth originality got started. With all of our modern science, scientists have never been able to create life out of something that has never lived.

There are more individual parts in a single cell organism than there are in a Boeing 747 jumbo jet. If a lightening bolt hit a primordial mud puddle, it is more likely that a Jumbo jet would emerge than a living organism.

Atheism is a very far fetched belief system. Atheism requires more "faith" than the belief in God.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
  2. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    Why doess the religious right lie about liberals?

I'm a Christian and a liberal....

However, I am firmly of the belief that God gave if free will. And if God wants us to choose or not to choose to accept him, who am I to go against God's will? I don't think God gave us free will just for us to go around demanding other people to worship the way I do.

Your whole attempt at Creationism vs. Evolution is totally irrelevant. You believe the way you want....let evolutionists believe the way they do. I happen to believe it's a combination of the two. I don't believe that the world is 4000 years old, I don't believe that Adam andEve rode around on Dinosaurs, I firmly believe in God and that he created the Universe.....but how he did it is much more complicated than you or I can conceive.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,623
    Atheism is not a belief in a faith, it is not even a faith, it is an ideaology, philosophy maybe, but no worship of a deity.

4. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,869
    Given the fact that a vast majority of liberals are Christians, as well as others who belong to other faiths, the premise of your thread is idiotic.
    Incorrect. Our civil rights are a condition of our humanity, given by no man or deity, as the former is imperfect, and the latter does not exist.

Fear, ignorance, and hate.

5. WinterBorn

WinterBorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,828
    Why to extreme rightwingers always try and make the case that not following a faith is the same as being against it??

6. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Just because we do not know exactly how life on earth origionated it has to be because of God?

I am not sure how to describe that "logic"...

Idiotic comes to mind.

If you want to believe it is because God did it that is fine with me just do no make me follow your rules by making laws to that effect.

7. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    Wait a sec.....until you can prove otherwise, your theory on how the universe came to be, a religious explanation is every bit as relevant as a scientific one. I'm not telling you how to think or questioning your intelligence, don't question mine.

8. WinterBorn

WinterBorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,828
    The difference here is that scientists are not demanding that their version be part of your church's teachings. But creationists are demanding that their religious version be taught in science classes.

9. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,072
    Why Do Liberals Promote Atheism While Belief in God is Stigmatized?

Atheism is the official religion of Marxism

10. edthecynic

edthecynic Censored for Cynicism

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,725
    Why do CON$ervoFascists practice Atheism while pretending to be Christians????