Why Do Liberals Promote Atheism While Belief in God is Stigmatized?

The bigger question is, why do atheists insist on pushing their brand of "religion" to the exclusion of any other expression? I think that propensity is what gets atheists equated with liberals. Liberals are also prone to pushing their ideals on everyone else, insisting that everyone behave as they deem fit.
Perhaps deep down, both atheists and liberals doubt whether what they believe is right. Could it be because atheists fear that if exposed to "faith", they might succumb. That would explain why atheists seek to expunge all outward expressions of faith.
And for the record, I am agnostic. For some reason, I have no fear of others' faiths or their expression of that faith.

I think you are mistaking the separation of church & state for liberals pushing atheism.

I have not seen any liberals rallying against religions, per se. They just rally when the religions want to force their beliefs on others.

No, while I compare what atheists and liberals do to promote their separate philosophies, I understand the difference. But, are the atheists using the liberals to further their agenda, or vice-versa? Either way, what's the big deal about the 10 Commandments or a crucifix displayed, or if someone recites some prayer at some event? Why the fear? Why the consternation? Do the same people get all uppity if someone eats carrots in their presence?

The big deal about the 10 Commandments comes when people like Roy Moore place a 2 ton monument of them in the Alabama Supreme Courthouse Lobby and refuse to allow any other displays.

The big deal is the demand that their religious symbols be allowed and no others can be.

The big deal is that the US Constitution states there will not be a state religion, so having a state sponsored event begin with a prayer goes against that.

No one is attacking religious activities on private property or for private individuals. Just where public money or property is involved.

I think you are mistaking the separation of church & state for liberals pushing atheism.

I have not seen any liberals rallying against religions, per se. They just rally when the religions want to force their beliefs on others.

No, while I compare what atheists and liberals do to promote their separate philosophies, I understand the difference. But, are the atheists using the liberals to further their agenda, or vice-versa? Either way, what's the big deal about the 10 Commandments or a crucifix displayed, or if someone recites some prayer at some event? Why the fear? Why the consternation? Do the same people get all uppity if someone eats carrots in their presence?

The big deal about the 10 Commandments comes when people like Roy Moore place a 2 ton monument of them in the Alabama Supreme Courthouse Lobby and refuse to allow any other displays.

The big deal is the demand that their religious symbols be allowed and no others can be.

The big deal is that the US Constitution states there will not be a state religion, so having a state sponsored event begin with a prayer goes against that.

No one is attacking religious activities on private property or for private individuals. Just where public money or property is involved.

OK. No problem with equal representation. But don't most decent faith-based groups follow basically the same concept, do no harm and do unto others?

The basis of liberalism is that the government is God. If not, God, then certainly Godly. Government is the fountainhead from which everything comes. If there are God given rights, then man cannot take those rights away. If rights are given by man, than man can take them away at whim.

There is no right to life, that God given right has been taken by whim, it's now a choice.

The basis of liberalism is that the government is God. If not, God, then certainly Godly. Government is the fountainhead from which everything comes. If there are God given rights, then man cannot take those rights away. If rights are given by man, than man can take them away at whim.

There is no right to life, that God given right has been taken by whim, it's now a choice.
What a crock of shit. The problem with Conservatives is they make ridiculous statements such as this. But hey, why am I surprised?

Why Do Liberals Promote The Religion Of Atheism In the Public Square? Atheism is embraced and promoted by public schools, universities and even on public memorials. Why are all representations of God being removed from public life? Why do 80% of college graduates lose their faith in God by the time they graduate?

The Declaration of Independence and all 50 states constitutions are based on an almighty God as our higher power. 50 States Can't Be Wrong | thereluctantsinger on Xanga

The belief in God (a higher power) is not a religion and is a much more reasonable belief than the belief in nothing. Our civil rights all come from God, not man, according to our founding documents. The US civil rights movement was led by God fearing men including Reverend Martin Luther King.

There is no other explanation for how life on Earth originally originated. Even staunch believers in evolution concede that they do not know how the first life on earth originality got started. With all of our modern science, scientists have never been able to create life out of something that has never lived.

There are more individual parts in a single cell organism than there are in a Boeing 747 jumbo jet. If a lightening bolt hit a primordial mud puddle, it is more likely that a Jumbo jet would emerge than a living organism.

Atheism is a very far fetched belief system. Atheism requires more "faith" than the belief in God.

Overall, I believe it is because Satan, the enemy of our Lord Jesus Christ is quite the trickster.

I believe there are some atheists who do not know they are being deceived and have drunk the koolaid because of leftist propaganda. I mean come on, if you grow up in a school and go to college w/o learning about God, and are taught the opposite - what's most likely going to happen? And then when the truth is presented to a soul, Satan will use a persons guilt to try to further lie to them about the Truth of God's Grace.... so they don't feel "good enough" which is a lie from the pit of hell because none of us are "good enough" anyway..it's all about what Jesus did, and not what "we" do. Or hopefully..Praise God, His Word takes root and a person is born again and knows that Jesus Christ is the truth of our lives. He took on the sins of the world and we cannot save ourselves. (So "gone goes" what is taught in the world like "evolution", as His Word says that we are created in His image) Not from an ape, or beast, or some rock or primordial soup.

Personal note: I didn't grow up learning Gods Word. I was in my late twenties before I started taking a look at His Word by myself, personally. And I personally cannot thank God enough that even though I didn't learn about Him while growing up; (I wasn't a church goer, didn't learn about the Lord until later in life, etc) I submitted to His promptings when He started to draw me near to Him. The enemy had hold, he was trying to condemn me, using the guilt of my sins, but Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, God's Truth overcame.

Anyway.. I believe one of the problems is that the enemy is attacking people hugely who are being drawn to God. More temptations, huge attacks on them when the true and GOOD conviction of God starts to begein. The sin nature of man is a fight till our death; but when a person starts drawing near the Lord; the enemy pushes full foward twisting the hell out of everything. Because once a person knows the Truth of Jesus...that's it - born again and never going back! The truth sets us free from the lies of this world.

As for alot of athiests being liberal, I believe it's all hand in hand. I mean, the moral law was given by God, but if a person is taught that "man" is above God and/or there is no "God" then of course society is going to lean toward what they think is right and eventually more chaos. (Which is it and will continue to do so as many more fall from the faith as God's Word says)

Some people will think they know better than God -- it is absolutely ridicuolous. Or they are denying Him outright - which is ridicoulous also. To say "there is no God" is to say a person knows everything; which we know is untrue. It's more honest to be agnostic.

But anyway, look... we've had two world wars in the last 100 years alone. I mean come on, people are saying peace peace, but that's a load of bologne. People are 'trying" for world peace, trying to do good...but it's not going to happen because of our sin nature. We are prone to sin, that is the whole reason our Lord Jesus Christ came.

My belief is that the more time a believer (note: a true believer in Jesus Christ) spends time in God's Word, the more they will swing to conservatism instead of liberalism. And when I say "God" our Lord Jesus Christ as being the truth. See, I learned it in school, so I used to believe in evolution. Even after first being born again I believed in evolution. But the more I read of God's Word, the more I know I was being fed a bunch of lies from "man" who we all know can lie. We didn't evolve. God created us as He said He did. Beasts are made afters beasts of their kind, plants are made after plants, and we are made in His image. And nothing has ever changed since then, per the truth of His Word!

Satan is temporarily running this world. He's going to deceive many and time is short so he's full of vengence. Beware, he's a trickster so he also comes as an angel of "light". "peace peace.. oh yes.. all is lovely, we are trying to do the "right" thing, etc". Cunning enemy, much more horrible than we draw up in our minds because Satan comes manipulating the truth of what is GOD says is GOOD

I believe the difference leaning toward the right and between what Satan is doing in the world with false liberal ideologies is not seen without the wisdom of God guiding us. (If that makes sense.. I gotta run!)

Last edited:
Question for those claiming atheists are causing problems.

Do you think displaying the 10 Commandments in a courthouse or courthouse lobby as the only display should be acceptable?

Why do liberals sue everyone and anyone that mentions god in a public school but never sue the President when he invokes the deity in the white house?

Why do liberals sue everyone and anyone that mentions god in a public school but never sue the President when he invokes the deity in the white house?

Because the president is not tasked with educating our children? Because his personal beliefs do not create a state religion, but a school-led prayer is essentially creating a state school religion.

I think atheists are mainly just reacting to a feeling on their part that they are having religion crammed down their throats or their children's throats in school and in other public and shared cultural venues.

Edit to add: It's not so much about atheists trying to cram THEIR views down other people's throats. That seems like a red herring to me.

I don't think it's strictly a liberal thing by any stretch of the imagination. A lot of liberal are religious people, and a lot of conservatives are atheists too.

Last edited:
I think atheists are mainly just reacting to a feeling on their part that they are having religion crammed down their throats or their children's throats in school and in other public and shared cultural venues.

Edit to add: It's not so much about atheists trying to cram THEIR views down other people's throats. That seems like a red herring to me.

I don't think it's strictly a liberal thing by any stretch of the imagination. A lot of liberal are religious people, and a lot of conservatives are atheists too.

I think not suing the president for mentioning God is also proof the atheists are not anti-christian. They simply demand that teh separation of church & state be maintained.

I think not suing the president for mentioning God is also proof the atheists are not anti-christian. They simply demand that teh separation of church & state be maintained.
Exactly my thoughts; I agree. Sure, maybe some atheists are anti-Christian or anti-religion but that's not really the point of the disagreement, it's just a divisive talking point. Without the Constitutional separation of church and state we would likely descend into some Christian analog of Sharia law, like those "Dominion" people keep asking for and demanding.

Because the president is not tasked with educating our children? Because his personal beliefs do not create a state religion, but a school-led prayer is essentially creating a state school religion.

I never said anything about school led prayer did I?

And the leader of the country invoking the deity over a public address system in a federal government building while being guarded by federal employees is obviously a violation of the Constitution.

It's just that you libbies are hypocrites of the first order.

I never said anything about school led prayer did I?

And the leader of the country invoking the deity over a public address system in a federal government building while being guarded by federal employees is obviously a violation of the Constitution.

It's just that you libbies are hypocrites of the first order.

I am a libbie? Nice that you can tell my political leanings from just one post.

No, you never said anything about school led prayer. But then, I never knew anyone to get sued because one student mentioned God to another in the hall.

Why Do Liberals Promote The Religion Of Atheism In the Public Square?

Jonah Goldberg tackled this question with logic, reason and specificity in his book 'Liberal Fascism'. Worth a read:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Liberal-Fascism-American-Mussolini-Politics/dp/0385511841]Amazon.com: Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning (9780385511841): Jonah Goldberg: Books[/ame]

Forum List

Back