Why do Democrats want smoking banned everywhere? 2nd hand smoke is NOT addicting

Has anyone ever heard of anyone being addicted to 2nd hand smoke?

If 2nd hand smoke is bad for you, and nicotine is the most addictive drug on earth, why are people addicted to 2nd hand smoke?

I am a Democrat- and I don't want cigarette smoking banned everywhere.

But man was I happy when we banned smoking in restaurants.

In general- cigarette smoking bans are based upon the health issues of inhaling second hand smoke- nothing about addiction.

Why do you think it is okay to have kids inhaling second hand smoke?
I'm a smoker, my son has never seen me smoke a cigarette. 1. I DON'T want him inhaling second hand smoke. 2. I don't even want him to see me doing it! bad example!

I think that is a reasonable thing to do.

But I am curious- I don't know whether you are male or female- but why didn't you quit before or right after your child was born?

I would think if anything could motivate someone to quit, it would be having a child.

If 2nd hand smoke is bad for you, and nicotine is the most addictive drug on earth, why are people addicted to 2nd hand smoke?
It's all about control… Progressives can't tolerate anybody that disagrees with them…
If you want to smoke that's fine, I am a smoker too. But no one needs to be forcing others to smoke with them. Smoke outside, in your car, in your house, whatever... Not in public buildings!
I don't smoke, or drink but at the same time I don't want to tell anyone else what to do on their own time and with their own body or tell them what their opinion should be… I guess it's the libertarian and me.
smoking and drinking are two totally different activities. Smoking creates second hand smoke, which is dangerous. There is no such thing as second hand drinking. Drinking becomes dangerous for those around you when you drive drunk, thus it is illegal. Smoking becomes dangerous for those around you when you are blowing smoke in their face inside an enclosed space, thus it is illegal. Really not rocket science.

No, it's not dangerous unless you're locked into a small room with a chainsmoker for 23 out of 24 hours of the day, 7 days a week.

BTW, not liking second hand smoke is not the same as being ENDANGERED by second hand smoke, snowflake.

"omg people SMOKE in bars! They must stop or we will never be able to travel in huge groups with our soft handed pals and squeal for hours in the corner of the bar as we get somewhat tipsy on two or three microwbrews over the course of 8 hours! Halp! Halp! We are in danger!"

I am a Democrat- and I don't want cigarette smoking banned everywhere.

But man was I happy when we banned smoking in restaurants.

In general- cigarette smoking bans are based upon the health issues of inhaling second hand smoke- nothing about addiction.

Why do you think it is okay to have kids inhaling second hand smoke?
I'm a smoker, my son has never seen me smoke a cigarette. 1. I DON'T want him inhaling second hand smoke. 2. I don't even want him to see me doing it! bad example!
That's awesome, you hide your true self from your kids.

Color me surprised.

I don't think the government has the right to ban tobacco products. Like any recreational drug, there needs to be reasonable restrictions.

It's funny, search "Obama's severed head" and all that comes up are multiple memes, drawings, articles that feature the heads of various and assorted people the obamas don't like.

After everything we know about the health implications, you'd have to be really fucking stupid to smoke.

And guess who smokes more? Smoking

whosmokesmoreDems.png

To be fair, this issue is largely a bipartisan endeavor.
Tell me why I can't find any paintings that feature Obama's severed head, if it's a "bipartisan endeavor"?

I am talking about smoking bans. Not that retard, tasteless, and, poorly done painting.

It's still not a bipartisan issue. The only people who ever wanted a smoking ban are statist craphats.

Puritanical Guilt Tax

The born-rich are soft little sissies afraid of the Marlboro Man. I saw this back in 1965; that the richkids were told by their Dads to associate smoking with the despised working class ("greasers, Elvis fans"). So this health-food fad anti-smoking movement has always been a symptom of class warfare.

As in most of this Preppy Progressivist charade, it has other benefits for the plutocratic parasites. For one, it makes the primarily working-class smokers pay taxes that previously had been paid by the rich.

To be fair, this issue is largely a bipartisan endeavor.
Tell me why I can't find any paintings that feature Obama's severed head, if it's a "bipartisan endeavor"?

I am talking about smoking bans. Not that retard, tasteless, and, poorly done painting.

It's still not a bipartisan issue. The only people who ever wanted a smoking ban are statist craphats.

The passage of smoking bans was done so with the support of Republicans and Democrats; but, yes, they are statist craphats nonetheless. Most of that shit should be decided by the free market, not the government.

"The Republicans" today aren't.

It is that simple.

The "post 1998" "Republicans" are completely spineless servants of Netanyahu, don't care about America or anything except Israel. They don't support what Gingrich and Reagan did, since they do 180 degrees the opposite every time they actually show up to "work."

I am not a democrat but I find smoking disgusting and I am fine with areas you can smoke and areas you can't smoke..The smell of ciggs is the most disgusting smell ever. On women its the most unattractive thing ever.

I can't stand women who smoke....who wants to kiss that?

Yuk!
So don't but quit being such a busy body and a fascist pig trying to push your crap onto other people, their personal rights and their property rights. If you don't own it, it is not your call to make someone other person's decisions for them.
Agree.....keep your stinky smoke to yourself
As long as you can keep me from breathing it or smelling it, I am OK with your smoking

Forum List

Back