Why do Christians preach and spread the word?

Most Christians spread the word of God because they want to share to other people their experience how God changes their life after they receive him. In addition, most of us want to save by the word of God that is why they are able to spread it.

This thread is in response to previous threads by people demanding to know why Christians "bother" others with their faith. It is reinforcement for those Christians that are easily swayed by demands by non believers to leave them alone and not spread the word.

I see. And you must because of Mark. However, in Luke Jesus also instructed you, when told to leave them alone, to go outside the town and shake the dust from your feet.

In addition, Jesus said when you spread the word you are supposed to go from town to town with nothing but the clothes on your back. You don't carry a bag, food or money. Are you following that instruction as well?

Neither God, Jesus or any other person in the Bible commanded that every follower leave their home and family and forsake all property to travel penniless from city to city. Or perhaps you can quote for us that commandment, perhaps you can provide for us where in in the book I quoted from that God or Jesus commanded the good followers to do so when told they would be held accountable if they did not inform sinners and fallen righteous of their error?

Certainly. I refer you to Luke Chapter 9, Matthew Chapter 10 and Mark Chapter 6. I recognize he was talking to his disciples in those. Can you quote me the passage where Jesus commanded every one of his followers to proselytize?

When you feel the Spirit in your life and recognize the power and pure love it brings you, you can't help but spread the Word. The Gospel of Jesus Christ brings a happiness into the lives of those who abide by it. That joy is so exquisite that you just have to share it with others. You want others to be just as happy. You want them to also taste of the fruit of the Tree of Life which is the Love of God.

There are lots of factual points one can argue, but when you feel the pure love of God and taste of His goodness, you can't deny it. You dont want to hide it. You want others to taste it as well. It's called compassion and charity.

Actions speak much, MUCH louder than words.

But Words are far from powerless. It was through Words that the world was created. It the Word that Atoned for our sins. And Words can often have a more powerful affect on the hearts of man than anything else, including threats of violence and the sword.

When you feel the Spirit in your life and recognize the power and pure love it brings you, you can't help but spread the Word. The Gospel of Jesus Christ brings a happiness into the lives of those who abide by it. That joy is so exquisite that you just have to share it with others. You want others to be just as happy. You want them to also taste of the fruit of the Tree of Life which is the Love of God.

There are lots of factual points one can argue, but when you feel the pure love of God and taste of His goodness, you can't deny it. You dont want to hide it. You want others to taste it as well. It's called compassion and charity.

What if I feel the same way about my beliefs? For example, if I were an Atheist and I came to your door to convince you to join me in my atheism. Or I tried to share my beliefs with your children. Would that be called compassion and charity as well?

If you have ever expeinced this then I would say it would change you to one that uses profanity and incites to one that dooes not use profanity and to speak with love. You do not do that, I have seen no one on this board that calls themselves a christian to even coming close to living like Christ and his comandments. You keep the outside of the cup clean, but the inside is stanied and dirty.

You started a thread about taking over the Government and enforcing your RELIGIOUS laws.
There you go lying again.

I specifically stated that the transition to Islam would only be from the people voting it into the government and law of the land.

Question:

If the American people voted to make Christianity the law of the land.

Would you take up arms and fight those Christian who supported a Christian take over of the U.S. government?

The answer to your question is yes but your question is asinine to begin with.

The reality is that you can't vote Christianity as the law of the land so long as the constitution stands. The first amendment outlines that fact very well. It does not surprise me that you have no regard for the constitution though.

By illustrating the fact that you support the takeover of our free society by your religion you are, in fact, vindicating the Muslim fear mongers about your asinine beliefs. Advocating the vote rather than violence may be better but it is not all right. Weather you take my rights by the ballot or by force, you are taking them all the same. There is a reason that rights are not voted on in this country.

What if I feel the same way about my beliefs? For example, if I were an Atheist and I came to your door to convince you to join me in my atheism. Or I tried to share my beliefs with your children. Would that be called compassion and charity as well?

If you are trying to help people be happy, why wouldnt it be compassion?

Christians want to kill non-Christians.

It's as simple as that.

:wtf:

That's an over-statement generalization if ever I've read one. Some of my best friends are Christians and I feel absolutely safe on their turf and in their dwellings.

While it may be annoying to see that sad look in their eyes regarding me when the discussion turns to the after-life, most Christians understand that, short of prayer, they are powerless in the equation. Few and far between are the Christians who believe that non believers can be dragged kicking and screaming in to heaven by legal or military force.

Whose definition of 'happy'? :dunno:

Do I not have a say in my happiness? Your help in the matter is neither solicited nor warranted.

Christians want to kill non-Christians.

It's as simple as that.

:wtf:

That's an over-statement generalization if ever I've read one. Some of my best friends are Christians and I feel absolutely safe on their turf and in their dwellings.

While it may be annoying to see that sad look in their eyes regarding me when the discussion turns to the after-life, most Christians understand that, short of prayer, they are powerless in the equation. Few and far between are the Christians who believe that non believers can be dragged kicking and screaming in to heaven by legal or military force.

Sallow just understands our secret desires. In fact, they are so secret that even we Christians dont realize them. [/sarcasm]

He needs a reason to justify his hate. Obviously there is something bothering him about hating Christians so he has to go over the top to avoid examining it.

Whose definition of 'happy'? :dunno:

Do I not have a say in my happiness? Your help in the matter is neither solicited nor warranted.

If we waited around for someone to realize they needed something before talking to them about it, there would be alot more unhappy people. There is nothing compassionate about not sharing. If you dont wan to hear it. It's your choice. But Im not going to make your choice for you.

That was what I was asking you. One presumes that if you believe something you think others would be happy believing it as well. You don't try to go out and make people unhappy. Well... I wouldn't, in any case.

I take it then that you would see such an action on the part of an Atheist perfectly acceptable so long as they thought you were enslaved by your own beliefs and would be happier with theirs. That they considered you incapable of making your own decisions as to faith and required their help to find the right path. This would be compassion and charity, in your view. Am I correct?

Of course, you have nothing to fear from me. My particular faith forbids proselytizing.

In John we are commanded by Jesus to spread the word.

Also.

Ezekiel 3:17-21 warns us that if we do not spread the word those we could have told of God's word that sin and do wicked will not only bring themselves down but us also as we are responsible for those we do nt inform.

So basically all christians are going to hell. There is someone that you could have told but neglected. Their sins become your sins--I call that F**d up!!

Forum List

Back