Why didn't Bush speak at the Republican Convention?

I think it's hilarious that intelligent people who know better are hiding behind the "he declined" excuse.

Bush is a persona non grata at party functions for the same reason Carter is.

Both were miserable failures.

W and HW both spoke via video. It was touching and perfectly executed knowing full well how the media shredded W

You know the Democrats can't wait to trot out Clinton.

Big difference.

Lil' Dumbya is a fuckin' idiot.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q-EfaEjvP4]Bill Clinton at the 2008 Democratic National Convention - YouTube[/ame]

W and HW both spoke via video. It was touching and perfectly executed knowing full well how the media shredded W

At one time HW had a 90% approval rating.

Bush is a serious negative and chain around the republican party.

Nah - we love him.

It's the Dems that can't stand him.

But that's OK.

They hate President Romney too.

Who gives a fuck?

Actually the reason would be the Republican party knows that the failed bush years would hurt them greatly which is what happened to McCain. They will not make that mistake again.

Democrats trying to talk about anything but the Obama record yet again.LMAO.:badgrin:
But-Bush.jpg

So why didn't the Republicans have Bush speak and give Romney his endorsement? :dunno:

if you recall, Bush said he would stay out of the limelight and let the new politicians handle things as they see fit.
Bush has retired, and that what Clinton should have done. Clinton on the other hand has never accepted he is no longer president, and still wants to be in the limelight. The Clintons are career politicians.
I respect Pres Bush for staying out of the limelight, and I have no respect for Clinton and think he should bow out.

Democrats trying to talk about anything but the Obama record yet again.LMAO.:badgrin:
But-Bush.jpg

Actually I like obamas record.

Health care act, passed
Bin laden, got him
Iraq war, won
Stimulus package, passed
Lilly act, passed
2 supreme court justices that are good, done
Do you want me to keep going? Cause there is more

So why didn't the Republicans have Bush speak and give Romney his endorsement? :dunno:

if you recall, Bush said he would stay out of the limelight and let the new politicians handle things as they see fit.
Bush has retired, and that what Clinton should have done. Clinton on the other hand has never accepted he is no longer president, and still wants to be in the limelight. The Clintons are career politicians.
I respect Pres Bush for staying out of the limelight, and I have no respect for Clinton and think he should bow out.

Personally I think that's a cop-out.

If him being there was advantageous to the Republican party going forward to the elections, W would've been there.

The one redeeming thing about Solyndra, something that Bush and the Republicans started is they convinced their Republican friends to invest and when their project failed, Republicans got soaked. If find that hilarious!

rderp laughs when taxpayers' dollars (lots of them) get smoked for no good reason.

Perhaps those Republican investors never paid taxes. It's entirely possible. Ask Romney.

But-Bush.jpg

Health care act, passed
Bin laden, got him
Iraq war, won
Stimulus package, passed
Lilly act, passed

There are entire sites devoted to Obama's record.

Republicans point to Mitt "saving the Olympics" which cost taxpayers 1.3 BILLION Dollars.

Or his great tenure at business where he learned how fun it is to fire people. I wonder if that includes the years 1999 to 2003. Seems Romney did or didn't work at Bain. He can't seem to make up his mind. At least he got a "salary". I only got a salary from places I actually worked at.

But-Bush.jpg

Health care act, passed
Bin laden, got him
Iraq war, won
Stimulus package, passed
Lilly act, passed

Healthcare highly unpopular and passed on a partisan vote with a lot of arm twisting and special deals to get the needed votes.
Bin Laden dead no problem there great.
Iraq war withdraw was negotiated before Obama was elected and when the U.S. and Iraq could not agree on a extension it was the Iraqi Prime Minister who insisted on the withdraw date already negotiated.
Stimulus results disappointing to be polite considering the amount spent.
Lilly act more show than substance.
Supreme Court two liberal Judges replaced two other's good depends on your point of view.
Also Unemployment 8.3%.
Five Trillion dollars in new debt.
Wasted money on Solyndra and other green energy concerns.
I have more as well

So, he won't be there.

And W also left a video message for the RNC.

Yeah.

That is easy.
Carter is very old.

What's Dubya's excuse?

No "excuse" is necessary.

On the other hand, his reason was provided -- already.

It involves class and a sense of decorum, so of course libs can't grasp it.
Because if Bush showed up it wouldn't be classy?

It would be proper decorum for the previous Republican president to show up at the next nominating convention.

Just as Bill Clinton was there in 2008, and Bush The Wiser was there in 2000.

I never claimed he didn't, did I?

I merely responding to your inquiry:

I think you are confused. Maybe some tea might help.

He's had way too much already.

That certainly made no sense. Either time.

In fact, I hate tea.

But, the fact remains. It was payperview who was and is confused. And you are in the same sinking boat as paper.
I was referring to the teabagger nonsense. You've had enough.

Especially after all the Bush Kool-Aid you drank.

Forum List

Back