Why Did You Leave Christianity Behind?

Because they are human, and humans are fallible. There is no such thing as a person who is good all the time. That person doesn't exist.

Good all the time? Some people haven't even begun....they've been distracted by the holy work of criminalizing and persecuting woman, doctors, foreigners, people who love each other, and any sort of despicable unbeliever who hasn't yet learned the fear of the Lord, courtesy of his dedicated servants.......

True. I agree that there are some people who claim they are 'good' but are not really good at all. But you are not telling me anything that I don't already know. :)

Right, I have only told you what you already know. thats why now you can stop saying that there is no such thing as a talking serpent. Your eyes have been opened.

You are a believer!

No, I still don't believe in talking serpents! I believe in assholes though! :lol:

Thats terrific! Because of your keen insight, many people will come to believe in assholes too!
Even in balaam's she-ass who ran away every time it saw the angel of the Lord.

Well done!

I think that most people are aware of the assholes. Most of us have encountered them on numerous occasions.

Funny how when you're a kid, you think adults know everything. Then, as an adult, you realize that you could be a genius compared to most people. :2up:

Those are just scumbag people, not "talking serpents."

ugh. Whats the difference?

talking serpents are metaphorical for scumbag people who pretend to be enlightened and use religion based on distortions of the truth and perverse interpretations of scripture in particular as a means of deception and control over others..

Wouldn't scumbag people think that any story condemning talking serpents as the lowest form of life was a harmless delusional fantasy?

How would you warn your children about the dangers of falling under the spell of scumbag people during times when scumbag people could maim or kill you for trivial reasons and would slaughter your entire family for passing on such a seditious teaching?

It still works like a charm!

How do you think Jesus survived for so long openly condemning serpents and every sort of foul and loathsome beast or bird to their faces and all they could do in response was say "you're nuts" except by speaking over their heads?

If they understood what he was teaching do you think that he would have survived even one day after he started running amok?

And while those in high places were freaking out over the nutty things that Jesus said, lines were being drawn, storm clouds were gathering, and watchers were watching.

The difference is that people are not "talking serpents." Whenever I hear/see that type of language, I immediately cease to take the post seriously!

I can understand why you dismiss it out of hand since what may believers claim is that God caused a snake to speak by some miracle in magical place where people could live forever and God walked with man..

I think thats a load of crap too.

I am saying something different, less spectacular, even obvious, that scriptural references to talking serpents or talking donkeys, sheep, dogs, pigs, goats, wolves, parasites, vultures, bottom feeders,etc., even angels and demons, are references to human beings just like people still compare other people to animals in the wild to either insult or praise another person.

In the garden of eden all of the wild beasts of the field that the Lord God made that Adam named were figurative comparisons to other tribes and well known types of people. Some did not think very deeply like swine that do not ruminate. some were scavengers like vultures that feed on the dead, , some religious charlatans, talking serpents who take advantage of the gullible, some are pack animals like wild dogs, others like teeming vermin, some were herd animals, some dumb as an ox, strong as a bull, others like an eagle, some like a lion, and then there were trees, like thinking men, with deep roots who produce fruit that is pleasing to the eye and good to eat..

Knowing this is the key to understanding the wisdom hidden in the divine commands, the key that opens the gate that leads to the tree of life, the key to understanding the mystery of God.

I understand that the Bible is more than likely a book of parables. But that doesn't convince me that there is a 'god'. I think some smart guys (for their time) and wrote these 'stories.' I don't think they are words from any gods though.

They are words of instruction that teaches a way to ascend to a higher realm of conscious existence above that of the wild beasts of the field, a more rich and fulfilling life free of many of the pitfalls and suffering experienced by those who live according to the law of the jungle.

The way to eternal life has been made clear. Follow the instruction or don't.

If you do God will make himself known to you and your mind will be opened to know all of the truth and then you will believe.
Did you have a story to share, as to why you left Christianity behind?

1. You're nothing like Jesus that believes in helping people no matter what. Jesus wouldn't be as soulless and as heartless as you. He wouldn't spend his entire life to take someone food away or throw a old person onto the street after a life time of work.

2. The anti-science bent with you conservatives....Conservatism has turned the religion from one that drove science 120 years ago into one that seeks to destroy it. Some of the greatest scientist and thinkers in history were Christians....Modern Conservatism seeks the dark age.

I grew up in a household with a mother that brought people in from off the street, fed them and did what jesus would do. I see the heartlessness of the conservative movement I see people using his name in vain and I seriously doubt he'd approve. But anyways since so much of Christianity is now this filth I don't really want to be around it.

1. You're nothing like Jesus that believes in helping people no matter what. Jesus wouldn't be as soulless and as heartless as you. He wouldn't spend his entire life to take someone food away or throw a old person onto the street after a life time of work.

2. The anti-science bent with you conservatives....Conservatism has turned the religion from one that drove science 120 years ago into one that seeks to destroy it. Some of the greatest scientist and thinkers in history were Christians....Modern Conservatism seeks the dark age.

I grew up in a household with a mother that brought people in from off the street, fed them and did what jesus would do. I see the heartlessness of the conservative movement I see people using his name in vain and I seriously doubt he'd approve. But anyways since so much of Christianity is now this filth I don't really want to be around it.
Who is the "youre" to which you refer in your opening line?

ugh. Whats the difference?

talking serpents are metaphorical for scumbag people who pretend to be enlightened and use religion based on distortions of the truth and perverse interpretations of scripture in particular as a means of deception and control over others..

Wouldn't scumbag people think that any story condemning talking serpents as the lowest form of life was a harmless delusional fantasy?

How would you warn your children about the dangers of falling under the spell of scumbag people during times when scumbag people could maim or kill you for trivial reasons and would slaughter your entire family for passing on such a seditious teaching?

It still works like a charm!

How do you think Jesus survived for so long openly condemning serpents and every sort of foul and loathsome beast or bird to their faces and all they could do in response was say "you're nuts" except by speaking over their heads?

If they understood what he was teaching do you think that he would have survived even one day after he started running amok?

And while those in high places were freaking out over the nutty things that Jesus said, lines were being drawn, storm clouds were gathering, and watchers were watching.

The difference is that people are not "talking serpents." Whenever I hear/see that type of language, I immediately cease to take the post seriously!

I can understand why you dismiss it out of hand since what may believers claim is that God caused a snake to speak by some miracle in magical place where people could live forever and God walked with man..

I am saying something different, less spectacular, even obvious, that scriptural references to talking serpents or talking donkeys, sheep, dogs, pigs, goats, wolves, parasites, vultures, bottom feeders,etc., even angels and demons, are references to human beings just like people still compare other people to animals in the wild to either insult or praise another person.

In the garden of eden all of the wild beasts of the field that the Lord God made that Adam named were figurative comparisons to other tribes and well known types of people. Some did not think very deeply like swine that do not ruminate. some were scavengers like vultures that feed on the dead, , some religious charlatans, talking serpents who take advantage of the gullible, some are pack animals like wild dogs, others like teeming vermin, some were herd animals, some dumb as an ox, strong as a bull, others like an eagle, some like a lion, and then there were trees, like thinking men, with deep roots who produce fruit that is pleasing to the eye and good to eat..

Knowing this is the key to understanding the wisdom hidden in the divine commands, the key that opens the gate that leads to the tree of life, the key to understanding the mystery of God.

I understand that the Bible is more than likely a book of parables. But that doesn't convince me that there is a 'god'. I think some smart guys (for their time) and wrote these 'stories.' I don't think they are words from any gods though.

They are words of instruction that teaches a way to ascend to a higher realm of conscious existence above that of the wild beasts of the field, a more rich and fulfilling life free of many of the pitfalls and suffering experienced by those who live according to the law of the jungle.

If you do God will make himself known to you and your mind will be opened to know all of the truth and then you will believe.

sure, everyone has a story.

I was briefly subjected to religious indoctrination at a very early age. I was compelled to memorize the ten commandments under threats of real and imaginary violence, taught that to worship the work of human hands was pure evil, a violation of divine law under penalty of death..

Then I was compelled by these same people to do exactly what they had just taught me was evil to join the club. I had to violate the very first commandment and worship the work of human hands as a confirmation of faith and expression of devotion.

WTF!

I became convinced that Christianity, as it was presented to me, was either a deliberate demonstration of hatred for and rebellion against God or a bizarre form of suicidal insanity, dead people obediently marching directly into hell....

when I pointed out this disturbing contradiction between what they say and what they do, I was reviled. Christians choose to act as if I was the one lost to evil for questioning their irrational beliefs and degrading practices and was singled out for a very special form of Christian love thy neighbor bullshit, to save my soul of course.

So I left Christianity and never looked back. I figured that being hated by people who had lost their minds was far better than losing my own mind.

Best decision of my life.

I was in the second grade.

Last edited:
I was around 12 and realized the stories in church were not much different than Santa Claus
Wisdom is not given to just anyone. You see what you want to see.
At a certain age you develop a bull shit meter
Really? I always thought that as we age we become more wise so that instead of painting what something isn't, we paint what it is.
Yes we do
But you don't. You paint what it isn't and then tell yourself that you are a critical thinker when in reality you are practicing critical theory.

You can paint whatever you want

You can paint what you see and what is real
or
You can paint unicorns and dancing elves

sure, everyone has a story.

I was briefly subjected to religious indoctrination at a very early age. I was compelled to memorize the ten commandments under threats of real and imaginary violence, taught that to worship the work of human hands was pure evil, a violation of divine law under penalty of death..

Then I was compelled by these same people to do exactly what they had just taught me was evil to join the club. I had to violate the very first commandment and worship the work of human hands as a confirmation of faith and expression of devotion.

WTF!

I became convinced that Christianity, as it was presented to me, was either a deliberate demonstration of hatred for and rebellion against God or a bizarre form of suicidal insanity, dead people obediently marching directly into hell....

when I pointed out this disturbing contradiction between what they say and what they do, I was reviled. Christians choose to act as if I was the one lost to evil for questioning their irrational beliefs and degrading practices and was singled out for a very special form of Christian love thy neighbor bullshit, to save my soul of course.

So I left Christianity and never looked back. I figured that being hated by people who had lost their minds was far better than losing my own mind.

I was in the second grade.

Understandable...

though you continue to quote the concocted 4th century bible, have you thought to return to the original religion of antiquity ...

The time of universal restoration is upon us. There is no going back, nothing to go back to..

If ever there was a time when the people of the world were equipped to create a new heaven and a new earth it is now.

but first many books must be closed before a new book can be written.

Capisci?

So lets get on with it already.....

Tie up the tares in bundles for burning, then you can gather the wheat into the barn.

Last edited:

though you continue to quote the concocted 4th century bible, have you thought to return to the original religion of antiquity ...

The time of universal restoration is upon us. There is no going back, nothing to go back to..

If ever there was a time when the people of the world were equipped to create a new heaven and a new earth it is now.

Capisci?

Tie up the tares in bundles for burning, then you can gather the wheat into the barn.
There is no going back, nothing to go back to..

my suggestion was to return to the original religion ... The Triumph of Good vs Evil.

Tie up the tares in bundles for burning ...

is that the 4th century book, without it they have only their latent political ambition without the false cover of a madeup "religion".

that is true except the original spoken religion of Antiquity is all that is needed ... no book required.

Capisci?

Gee, whatever do you propose? Don't be shy. Speak right up. Leave no stone unturned.

Capisci?

Gee, whatever do you propose? Don't be shy. Speak right up. Leave no stone unturned.

Speak right up ? lol... What do you think I have been doing?

Are you hard of reading?

How many times have I openly revealed what I believe clearly, concisely, and in great detail and how many times have you said that I have been keeping what I believe secret?

Is english not your native tongue?

If this wasn't so pathetic it really would be funny........

Damn....

Thank you for helping me to show the wisdom of God in giving the command to refrain from the flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate and for so generously demonstrating in your very own words the disturbing and terrifying state of death, existence without life, consequent to disobedience..

Last edited:

Capisci?

Are you hard of reading?

How many times have I openly revealed what I believe clearly, concisely, and in great detail and how many times have you said that I have been keeping what I believe secret?

Damn....
What do I think you have been doing? Dancing around the issue and speaking in code. Let me be more direct. What is universal restoration? How exactly do you propose bringing about universal restoration?

Last edited:

Capisci?

Are you hard of reading?

Damn....
It seems that you misunderstood my question. Let me try to be more clear. How exactly do you propose universal restoration? What exactly would you like to do? What does universal restoration look like? How will you bring about universal restoration?

I do not have to do so much as lift a finger. The dead are already rising from their graves and tombs and their pissed as hell at the bastards who fucked up their lives..

If you haven't noticed, the best I can tell you is that you better have a plan B.

Universal restoration? Rewrite? You and that other lying troll are the scary creatures.
absolutely amazes me how flipped around it all is. Evil thrives...good is silenced.

Universal restoration? Rewrite? You and that other lying troll are the scary creatures.
absolutely amazes me how flipped around it all is. Evil thrives...good is silenced.

Good is silenced my ass.

I heard that the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Capisci?

Are you hard of reading?

Damn....
It seems that you misunderstood my question. Let me try to be more clear. How exactly do you propose universal restoration? What exactly would you like to do? What does universal restoration look like? How will you bring about universal restoration?

I do not have to do so much as lift a finger. The dead are already rising from their graves and tombs and their pissed as hell at the bastards who fucked up their lives..

If you haven't noticed, the best I can tell you is that you better have a plan B.

What? Maybe you've been watching too many zombie movies. :)

Good is silenced my ass.

I heard that the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Come on. Are you serious with the fire and brimstone stuff? Lol.

Capisci?

Are you hard of reading?

Damn....

What? Maybe you've been watching too many zombie movies. :)

lol...

I don't know about you but I see dead people everywhere. Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know that they're dead.

Forum List

Back