Why Did You Leave Christianity Behind?

They don't see that their attitudes and behavior are like the total OPPOSITE of what Christ preached.

Not to mention, they are super annoying (especially "Ding"). I could make some funny jokes about that name, but that wouldnt be the "Christian" thing to do. ;)
If he persists... I'll be left with no choice to, but to request he be thread-banned. He has, and has had the opportunity to practice what Christianity teaches; and to respect forum/board rules. He's chosen not to up to this point. My patience with his trolling is nearing its end.

bing is the life of the party and quite intelligent I hope he doesn't run away .... there we'll be hearing from him again, my vote.

Why don't y'all take this debate to another thread? This isn't the place for it. This thread is for people who've left Christianity behind to share their stories, as to why.
The endless trolling by certain "Christians" of this thread is a rather ironic display of rather unchristianlike behavior. It's almost as if they fear too many former Christians coming together to share thier stories as to why they left; fear that other Christians might follow suit...? I can't be sure of the motivation.
What I can be sure of is that it isn't motivated by respect for OP's intent, nor respect for fellow forum members to conduct a discussion about the OP.
I'm pretty sure Jesus instructed his disciples to move on when a town didn't want to hear their message, even said to remove the dust of said town from their feet. One things for sure...
No matter how much chapter, and verse certain posters drop, and no matter how doggedly they attempt harrass and hound legitimate thread participants; it's clear they are following neither the word of, nor the example set by Christ. They follow pride. And therein lies the "tell". By such acts the hypocrisy spoken of by many posters is revealed.
You have effectively created a call out thread. You don't say why did I leave religion or why did I leave my faith. You are calling out Christianity and inviting any asshole to take pot shots. For the record I left my faith at 18. You know why? Because I was a dumb ass. I thought I knew everything like you.
If you felt that I was referring to you when I said "certain christians"... I was.
Of course I knew who you were talking about, but let's stay on the subject of the OP, shall we? The OP gets upset if you get off subject.

Another reason I left my faith is because I was selfish.

Last edited:
Why don't y'all take this debate to another thread? This isn't the place for it. This thread is for people who've left Christianity behind to share their stories, as to why.
The endless trolling by certain "Christians" of this thread is a rather ironic display of rather unchristianlike behavior. It's almost as if they fear too many former Christians coming together to share thier stories as to why they left; fear that other Christians might follow suit...? I can't be sure of the motivation.
What I can be sure of is that it isn't motivated by respect for OP's intent, nor respect for fellow forum members to conduct a discussion about the OP.
I'm pretty sure Jesus instructed his disciples to move on when a town didn't want to hear their message, even said to remove the dust of said town from their feet. One things for sure...
No matter how much chapter, and verse certain posters drop, and no matter how doggedly they attempt harrass and hound legitimate thread participants; it's clear they are following neither the word of, nor the example set by Christ. They follow pride. And therein lies the "tell". By such acts the hypocrisy spoken of by many posters is revealed.
You have effectively created a call out thread. You don't say why did I leave religion or why did I leave my faith. You are calling out Christianity and inviting any asshole to take pot shots. For the record I left my faith at 18. You know why? Because I was a dumb ass. I thought I knew everything like you.
That's a bizarre response. If someone said why did you leave New Jersey that's an invite for New Jerseyites to come and rescue their beloved state? If you are happy with your faith that's fine but if you feel compelled to tell people how they erred then you are really just trying to convince yourself.
I don't think that analogy applies. First of all it is an invitation for other people to come and trash New Jersey which is a callout. An analogy of a non-callout thread would be "why did you leave your state?" He isn't looking for Christians to come and defend Christianity. He is looking to criticize Christianity in an echo chamber.

That's a bizarre response. If someone said why did you leave New Jersey that's an invite for New Jerseyites to come and rescue their beloved state? If you are happy with your faith that's fine but if you feel compelled to tell people how they erred then you are really just trying to convince yourself.
I don't think that analogy applies. First of all it is an invitation for other people to come and trash New Jersey which is a callout. An analogy of a non-callout thread would be "why did you leave your state?" He isn't looking for Christians to come and defend Christianity. He is looking to criticize Christianity in an echo chamber.
Wrong. Again...

Wrong. Again...
I hope you don't mind if I disagree.

Wrong. Again...
Another reason I left my faith is that I could not understand why bad things could happen to good people. I couldn't understand why suffering could occur if God was good.

You're an idiot. Let's get that out of the way. Why one leaves a state isn't waving a red flag to those who like the state unless you have the brain of a bull. It isn't a callout to a normal person if one asks why they no longer believe xyz. You are being hyper defensive so that must mean you have doubts. You're coming here to buttress them for yourself.

You're an idiot. Let's get that out of the way. Why one leaves a state isn't waving a red flag to those who like the state unless you have the brain of a bull. It isn't a callout to a normal person if one asks why they no longer believe xyz. You are being hyper defensive so that must mean you have doubts. You're coming here to buttress them for yourself.
It is if that is his intention. You know... I've done pretty well in life for an idiot.

Do you understand how subversion works? Here is a primer for you.

It is if that is his intention. You know... I've done pretty well in life for an idiot.
Which means absolutely nothing to the topic.

Right. It was a response to your reply. Do you want to go back on topic now?

Why did you leave Christianity?

Wrong. Again...
Another reason I left my faith is because I couldn't be objective about the good that my faith has done. I could only see the bad.

Right. It was a response to your reply. Do you want to go back on topic now?

Why did you leave Christianity?
I said so in my first post and you are continuing to prove you're an idiot.

Another reason I left my faith is because I couldn't be objective about the good that my faith has done. I could only see the bad.
Religion is like a drug. You live in an altered state of reality and refuse to see the the way they are, just the way you believe they are. I've met plenty of Christians that are quite arrogant about their worldview. You are providing it in droves.

Wrong. Again...

You are such a phony. You returned to your 'faith' like a dog returns to its vomit.

Forum List

Back