Why Conservatives Can't Govern

but, the dems prefer to strangle them with taxs and then play the come hither game, telling them to sit at the table (ala big pharma siding apparently against their own interests, providing obama a free 150 million worth of ads on TV pro obamacare) or be eviscerated, while rep.s just promise them stuff up front.

Thank you very much. Let's begin with taxes. Repubs are violently opposed to increasing taxes on the haves. That would very much include BB. You don't see that as the Repubs being on the side of BB?

Repubs are violently opposed to enviornmental regulation of BB. Why? It costs BB money, that's why? You don't see that as Repubs being on the side of BB?

Repubs are opposed to unions and everything unions stand for. Why? Costs BB money. You don't see that as Repubs being on the side of BB?

Repubs are in favor of putting caps on malpractice cases and limiting liability claims in general. Why? They get into the pockets of BB. You don't see that as Repubs being on the side of BB?

no, I think its dead on, there is little difference in either party when it comes to playing to certain players and factions, their factions and playas may be of different stripes but alas, in the end, its all special interests and almost equally destructive.

Apparently you are of the mind that, pardon the vulgarity here but republican shit stinks but democratic shit doesn't, that's ridiculous, you just happen to like and/or see as efficacious democratic or progressive gov..

that's simply incorrect. there are major differences in the parties, just not the ones that you want.

1. The parties would never appoint the same justices. The last decent appointed by a repubilcan was Justice Souter.
2. The dems would never ever ever try to pass a law allowing a hospital to let women die rather than provide a life-saving emergency abortion (or even send the women to somewhere where they CAN get such treatment).
3. Repubs never would have repealed don't ask/don't tell.
4. Repubs would never pass safety or environmental regulations any more. They are no longer the party of Richard Nixon with intelligent, thoughtful (if patrician) values. Instead the repubs are the party of loud-mouthed loons who pander to the most extreme elements of the right.

Are there things wrong with the dems? Absolutely. They just aren't the same things. And it depends on what your priorities are.

And if you truly thought they were the same, you and the other right-leaners on the board wouldn't have such a viscerally negative response to dems, would you? :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
OK - I think it is true, that, in general, the Republican Party caters to Big Business much more than does the Democratic Party. If you cannot see that, I don't know where you have been in recent decades.
Stereotype ain't fact, pal.

Fact remains that the support of BigBiz follows whoever is in power, regardless of political party.

Oh, it's fact, "pal." You can claim the Repubs aren't in bed with Big Business all you want. It does little for your credibility, however.

no, I think its dead on, there is little difference in either party when it comes to playing to certain players and factions, their factions and playas may be of different stripes but alas, in the end, its all special interests and almost equally destructive.

Apparently you are of the mind that, pardon the vulgarity here but republican shit stinks but democratic shit doesn't, that's ridiculous, you just happen to like and/or see as efficacious democratic or progressive gov..

OK - I think it is true, that, in general, the Republican Party caters to Big Business much more than does the Democratic Party. If you cannot see that, I don't know where you have been in recent decades.

images

but, the dems prefer to strangle them with taxs and then play the come hither game, telling them to sit at the table (ala big pharma siding apparently against their own interests, providing obama a free 150 million worth of ads on TV pro obamacare) or be eviscerated, while rep.s just promise them stuff up front.

Thank you very much. Let's begin with taxes. Repubs are violently opposed to increasing taxes on the haves. That would very much include BB. You don't see that as the Repubs being on the side of BB?

Repubs are violently opposed to enviornmental regulation of BB. Why? It costs BB money, that's why? You don't see that as Repubs being on the side of BB?

Repubs are opposed to unions and everything unions stand for. Why? Costs BB money. You don't see that as Repubs being on the side of BB?

Repubs are in favor of putting caps on malpractice cases and limiting liability claims in general. Why? They get into the pockets of BB. You don't see that as Repubs being on the side of BB?

businesses create jobs, numb nuts. not everyone can be a lazy slob on unemployment for over a year.

Hey George, serious question:

What is your opinion on the GE situation where they aren't paying any taxes whatsoever? Are they not also big business? Why do you give GE a pass?

Fact remains that the support of BigBiz follows whoever is in power, regardless of political party.

Oh, it's fact, "pal." You can claim the Repubs aren't in bed with Big Business all you want. It does little for your credibility, however.

:lol::lol:

Fact is... both parties are in bed with 'Big Business'. Wanna know why? Cuz, like it or not, we need the jobs those businesses bring.

Hysterical hatred of some business entity is ridiculous.

images

And now, I have a bone to pick with you . . . . :blowup:

Faulty premise: Gubmint is there to solve our problems.

That's a pretext for paternalistic authoritarian rule, not de jure governance.

How freaking ridiculous.

One of the first governments was formed when Grog the caveman figured out there was no way he was taking down a wooly mammoth on his own.

Fact is... both parties are in bed with 'Big Business'. Wanna know why? Cuz, like it or not, we need the jobs those businesses bring.

Business is like fire. It's only useful when it serves you..not the other way around.

Some day, I am going to see a conservative actually admit an obvious fact about their own side of the political spectrum. Some day . . .

Do you deny the various Republican positions I stated several posts above, on issues such as taxation, environmental matters, unions, liability caps, etc.? Do you think that the Democrats also support the same views as Republicans on those issues? They don't.

If that doesn't add up to Repubs being much more in bed with BB than Dems, I don't know what does.

How freaking ridiculous.

One of the first governments was formed when Grog the caveman figured out there was no way he was taking down a wooly mammoth on his own.

There, you see? All it takes is another liberal to set it straight.

Thank you very much, Sallow. :clap2:

How freaking ridiculous.

HEY GEORGE!!!!!! What is your view on GE being in Obama's pocket and being permitted NOT to pay their taxes this year?

and next week you will talk about dems needing to regulate everything and how the right needs to deregulate everything.

your premise isn't honest.

How freaking ridiculous.

HEY GEORGE!!!!!! What is your view on GE being in Obama's pocket and being permitted NOT to pay their taxes this year?

Wasn't to happy...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/160831-ge-and-tax-cuts-a-bi-partisan-love-story.html

Started a thread on it.:eusa_shhh:

Last edited:
Hey George, serious question:

What is your opinion on the GE situation where they aren't paying any taxes whatsoever? Are they not also big business? Why do you give GE a pass?

GE is not paying taxes because they have found ways to LEGALLY hop through loopholes in the tax law that allow them to get away with it. When were those loopholes created and who created them? I don't know. If I had to guess, I would say probably some Republican administration - but I truly do not know.

Is that a good thing? I don't think so. And regardless of who created the loopholes, GE is getting away with this on Obama's watch. Presumably, Obama's adminstration could fix the problem. Perhaps they ought to do just that.

Does this mean that Republicans and not in bed with Big Business much more than Democrats? Of course not. Does it mean that Democrats can be as well? Sure.

For those who want to read all about it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/business/economy/25tax.html

Serious question - serious answer. Do that any time. ;)

How freaking ridiculous.

Until a clever industrialist went into gun manufacturing business helping Grog Jr. hunt and provide for himself.

That's exactly the point of government. If ungoverned anarchic societies didn't have unsolvable problems, they wouldn't form governments.

Forum List

Back