The Official 3/28/11 Obama speech on Libya thread.

Liberty

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2009
colorado
Impressions?

I found it sort of wishy washy how he praised the US as leaders at the start, but then later he was kind of...looking forward to not being a leader.

Last edited:
I'm expecting to hear liberal jibberish as usual. He'll cite humanitarian concerns. He'll cite his willingness to listen to the UN and other nations, to be patient with a hot potato situation.

I even suspect a little GWB blaming or insulting, in the form of "Unlike times in our past, I wanted to use caution before entering a war, and develop a possible exit strategy BEFORE going into conflict. We did just that, but will not need that strategy thanks to the global community's new willingness to share the burden of safety in our world. This is a positive "change" in international relations over the last 2 years (credit himself, of course)".

And thats all.

He's on now and all I hear is him saying "ME,ME,ME,I,I,I....and then some blah,blah,blah....Throw in a historical and then a few more ME's and I's.....and ....

I'm not paying attention anymore.

Wow, my ears went on protest due to dull, monotone jibberish foul.

So, he said the US has been in the lead since day 1.....although it was France that led. Hmmm.

Then he said that he stated "Ghaddafi must STEP DOWN". Mr. President, thats not what you said. You said Ghaddafi "Must go". Theres a difference.

Then, he went on a weird, college professor style lecture:

"We are leading, but not for long, we plan to lead the world in not being the leader, and be the leader of not being in the lead. We've led since the beginning when France was in the lead, and now will step down from the lead we never had to allow NATO to take the lead from us, so we can keep not leading."

WTF?

He then said he refuses to sit back and watch human slaughter without taking action. But wont apologize for being the ONLY Senator to vote NO to stopping the human slaughter in Iraq in 2003.

So, in summary:

Ghaddafi has to go, but we aren't gonna make him go. We took the lead, although France really took the lead, and now will give up our non-existent lead to the NATO forces, and let them prove they can run a war, like they've proven over the last 50 decades (sarcasm).

He could've summed it up and saved 20 minutes of my life by just saying "Folks, this thing confused the shit out of me, and we mighta fucked up, or we might not'a fucked up, we aint' real sure yet, so um.......hey, enjoy the Final Four, I'll holla back later."

failing to take the lead would be a betrayal of who we are?

WTF?

This is a national responsibility, just not a personal responsibility for him. What a piece of shit.

Wow, my ears went on protest due to dull, monotone jibberish foul.

So, he said the US has been in the lead since day 1.....although it was France that led. Hmmm.

Then he said that he stated "Ghaddafi must STEP DOWN". Mr. President, thats not what you said. You said Ghaddafi "Must go". Theres a difference.

Then, he went on a weird, college professor style lecture:

"We are leading, but not for long, we plan to lead the world in not being the leader, and be the leader of not being in the lead. We've led since the beginning when France was in the lead, and now will step down from the lead we never had to allow NATO to take the lead from us, so we can keep not leading."

WTF?

He then said he refuses to sit back and watch human slaughter without taking action. But wont apologize for being the ONLY Senator to vote NO to stopping the human slaughter in Iraq in 2003.

So, in summary:

Ghaddafi has to go, but we aren't gonna make him go. We took the lead, although France really took the lead, and now will give up our non-existent lead to the NATO forces, and let them prove they can run a war, like they've proven over the last 50 decades (sarcasm).

He could've summed it up and saved 20 minutes of my life by just saying "Folks, this thing confused the shit out of me, and we mighta fucked up, or we might not'a fucked up, we aint' real sure yet, so um.......hey, enjoy the Final Four, I'll holla back later."
Actually he could have summed it up by saying "It's our responsibility (just not mine)."

failing to take the lead would be a betrayal of who we are?

WTF?

This is a national responsibility, just not a personal responsibility for him. What a piece of shit.

We followed Frances lead and others. It is odd to have a leader who is demonstrably insane.
Ir is kind of like having ttruthmatters as PoTus. really weird.

I didn't listen or watch. The speech was at a time when it was too early to start drinking.

And just to add a bit more.....

That was the most forced speech I've ever seen. He wanted to do that as much as I want to practice genital bunjee jumping.

And did you see his eyes? You know, the "Window to a man's soul"? He seemed firm and constant the whole time, right up to the end, and when he said "God Bless America" did you see his eyes seem to get distressed and the squirm??? It was amazing.

Breaking news: Obama just claimed self-praise for taking the lead in his own restroom usage....after accidentally crapping his pants.

Obama's weakness almost has me switching my opinion to "it might be the right thing to do, but not with this President". That of course changes nothing about it being unlawful.

Comrades,

Papa Obama explained his "North African campaign" fully

He is the greatest military leader the US has ever had...
To say otherwise would be racism, straight up

obamapatton-i2797.jpg

Forum List

Back