Why can't I download pics from my camera?

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
Okay, so I have a Dell computer, not quite a year old, desktop. It has windows xp.

I have a casio exilm digital that I picked up last week to take to the beach.

I put in the disk, I ran it, I did everything it said...but I can't download my friggin pics. Nothing happens. I plug my camera into the little portal, nothing happens. My camera doesn't show up on devices..the only thing there is my printer. I don't know how to put it on there, and none of the directions I've followed work. The disk says to go to a file folder and open it but when I go there, it just says folder is empty.

WTF??????? I thought it was supposed to be easy. I have a memory card, do I just stick it in? I still wouldn't know what to do next...At the paper we had a separate system hooked up to a photoshop program and we just plugged in the camera or the chip and everything popped up, so I have never had this issue before. My kids have laptops..they just stick the memory card in the side. I wouldn't know where to even stick the stupid card in this computer, I'm afraid I'll try jamming it in the portal and lose it forever.....

I can't stand the cameras that don't have the mem-stick capability. I bought one, wasted 20 bucks on it, can't transfer pics from it to anything because the compression method it uses hasn't been figured out yet and the company just sucks, not offering any assistance. The sad fact is that since we only have a few brands and companies in the US for digital media there isn't any competition so they can get away with selling a poor product and don't even have to give you the right drivers. Once you buy it, that's it, no protection except what the warranty covers (which is very little if you read it through).

So, if it doesn't use a memstick you screwed, sorry but that's the breaks and I sympathize (as I said, did the same damned thing recently). If it does have a memstick you can buy a cheap USB memstick reader, average about 9 bucks. Those connect automatically like any other memstick.

• Banned
Ok, it has usb on the camera.

It does have a memory stick, is that the thing I was calling a memory card? I bought it when I bought the computer because it has the capacity to hold more pics.

Ok, it has usb on the camera.

It does have a memory stick, is that the thing I was calling a memory card? I bought it when I bought the computer because it has the capacity to hold more pics.

Yeah. If the pics can be moved to the memory card (I just use the term stick for all of them) it should be easier to transfer them from that to your computer. The CD's that come with cameras don't always come with the right drivers for some crooked reason. The last one I bought cam with the drivers for the next model instead of the one I bought.

If you ever do buy a new one, go to a cameras store, they will help more than any of the others even though they also cost a bit more, it can be worth it.

okay knucklehead....did you turn the camera on? you realize it has to be on right? does it have an image button...sometimes that has to be moved or shifted....

plug the portal thing into camera.....with camera off...turn camera on...it should ask you what program to use....now you highlight that....and it should do the rest....

tell us exactly what you are doing?

• Banned
That's exactly what I did.

And the memory stick is in the camera...my pictures are on it.

I plug it in, turn on the camera...and nothing happens. I follow the directions in the book, which say to go to usb and do this and that and I do it all...until it gets to the place where it says open the file. There is no fucking file that I can find...unless it's referring to a file on the camera?

are you sure its just not asking what file to transfer the pictures too? where you have to name the file?
what program do you use....i use picasa3....to download to from my camera.

• Banned
Yes, step 7..it says "Windows Vista/Windows XP...select open folder to view files".

WTF? Where?

i think it is asking you the program to d/l with......go get picasa3....its free.....just download it....i can explain it....maybe kitten can explain vista/xp...i dont use it....not to d/l

Okay, if the camera doesn't turn on automatically once you connect the USB then it's not working. That could be a cable problem or a camera flaw.

It came with a disk. Which I ran. Where it is on my computer, I don't know, or what it did.

hell its plugged into the tower....i plug the port thing in...turn on camera.....then it all works...shit i dont know....keep it simple for me and allie both

Forum List

Back