Why can't I download pics from my camera?

If there is a funny looking icon on the taskbar (it's a USB port icon, hold the cursor over them until you see one that says USB something or other) ... if none of them say that then there's a problem with the connection, if one of them does click on it and it should look for the drivers on it's own.

It doesn't show in device manager...though I only get there accidentally.
I ran the stupid cd, I did what it said, I got to finish. What else is there to do?
I went to picasa or whatever and all that did was sign me up for google. wtf?

God this is so fucking irritating. I'm out in the middle of NOWHERE, so I can't just run to Walmart and download the damn things onto a disk. It's supposed to be simple. shit shit shit SHIIIIITTTTT

My kids are 5 & 6. They like the computer because they can play spongebob on it, but that's the extent of their computer savvy.

The one who probably could get it to work is the one who probably fucked it up in the first place. He's notorious for changing things around to make it work for him, then leaving everyone stranded when they call to say what the hell did you DO?

Simple is relative ... one thing MS always forgets. Anyhow, if the camera is on and the computer isn't saying something like "new device found" then there is something else going wrong. If you were on Linux I could offer more help, but Windoze is old to me and I don't remember as much about how to do all the nuts and bolts. You may want to look for an IRC on Windoze XP and camera assistance, there are still a few hardcore Windoze geeks online.

Shit no.
But I did manage to make it to picasso or whatever, and it's downloading, thank god. Or uploading. Probably erasing all my precious photos taken during my family vacation, and all my horse pics.

Thanks, I'm sure I'll be back...

Strolling, my only neighbor is an old lady who, believe me, doesn't have a computer.

We just got cell service in this area of the world a few months ago.

And everyone had dial-up until just a few months before that.

If I ever figure it out, I'll take a picture for you.

Speaking of which, how do I post a picture instead of just a stupid link?

omg, I did it, and I even have a folder on my desktop. I have no idea how I did it, or what I'm going to do with it now.

Time to party!!!

Strolling I'd kiss you if I wasn't sort of afraid you might swing that way...

you know, I only downloaded one to picasa. The rest are on my computer.

How the hell did I do that?

okay if it only d/l one pic...that is cause you click only on that one pic.....when you turn on camera it should d/l all but duplicates.....and you need to check the box if you want it to erase the card...if you didnt check it the pics should still be on the camera

Forum List

Back