HELP! Recover camera photos after SD card crash?

Jan 11, 2024
Hello, I have encountered an unpleasant event. My 64gb sd stick from my camera has failed and all my photos are gone. The card is no longer readable on the camera. When I connect the card to the PC it shows up as empty and asks for formatting.

After a bit of googling, I realised that you need special software to recover photos. I even tried a few, but did not achieve the desired result ......

Does anyone know how to help me?

Hello, I have encountered an unpleasant event. My 64gb sd stick from my camera has failed and all my photos are gone. The card is no longer readable on the camera. When I connect the card to the PC it shows up as empty and asks for formatting.

After a bit of googling, I realised that you need special software to recover photos. I even tried a few, but did not achieve the desired result ......

Have you tried plugging it into another camera?

Find out why it isn't readable. Is it viewing the card in Fat32 or EXFAT, NTFS format.et or is the fornat unrecognizable to your specific system? If it is a format issue, sometimes a card.can be read in Safe Mode or in a different device. Try loading it in Linux and or use software called "Gpart" (it can be installed free in Linux). This can tell you if the card itself has data on it or if it is just a format issue or corruption. If the card is corrupt but data is on it, you may still salvage the data through a specialized data recovery company. All the best.

Find out why it isn't readable. Is it viewing the card in Fat32 or EXFAT, NTFS format.et or is the fornat unrecognizable to your specific system? If it is a format issue, sometimes a card.can be read in Safe Mode or in a different device. Try loading it in Linux and or use software called "Gpart" (it can be installed free in Linux). This can tell you if the card itself has data on it or if it is just a format issue or corruption. If the card is corrupt but data is on it, you may still salvage the data through a specialized data recovery company. All the best.
This is the EXFAT format. I wish I had a Linux system (

I
This is the EXFAT format. I wish I had a Linux system (
That format may be the problem. Search for how to read that format on Windows, surely there are programs that can emulate to allow you to at least see if there is data there.

Linux is free to download and you can install it with a dual boot option. Just install with minimum space beside Windows as long as you know what you are doing.

You can even load it on an older laptop if you have one available.

I

That format may be the problem. Search for how to read that format on Windows, surely there are programs that can emulate to allow you to at least see if there is data there.

Linux is free to download and you can install it with a dual boot option. Just install with minimum space beside Windows as long as you know what you are doing.

You can even load it on an older laptop if you have one available.
I managed to recover most of the material.

I came across this video on YouTube.

Hetman Partition Recovery was able to recover 90% of the data from the flash drive. This is probably the best result so far. Overall, I'm satisfied because I managed to recover most of the data for little money.Thank you all for your help)

420 9th ave
B&H photo

Forum List

Back