Why aren't the anti-choice people against birth control pills.

Yes, but as pointed out earlier it does so by the same mechanism that a woman already pregnant will not be able to get pregnant again if they have sex while pregnant.

It's the same hormones.

The only way to say this is hypocrisy is to say all women having sex during pregnancy are hypocrites.

;)

I don't know what you're talking about, but look again: For those who missed my ealier link (from the package insert of Ortho-triclen (R)):
Combination oral contraceptives act by suppression of gonadotropins. Although the
primary mechanism of this action is inhibition of ovulation, other alterations include
changes in the cervical mucus (which increase the difficulty of sperm entry into the uterus)
and the endometrium (which reduce the likelihood of implantation).
[Emphasis added this time]

Honey! Same things happen in pregnancy:

Physiologic Changes During Pregnancy

Like I said, same hormones.

Uh huh. And when one is pregnant, are they ovulating?

No. Thus, no analogy.

Uhh, you didn't really answer my question. Does the life of a human being begin at conception or not? A simple yes or no would suffice. Thanks.

Again... the development of the life does not take place until implantation... fertilized and unfertilized eggs pass thru the system regularly without resulting in a pregnancy.... with or without a BC pill... and as it was explained to you just a few posts up, the BC pill prevents pregnancy by mainly stopping ovulation... you seem to readily confuse normal BC pills and the controversial 'abortion' pill

Perhaps you should actually understand a bit more about how pregnancy and birth control pills work... tps has already been trying to educate you

So, because the fertilized egg still needs to develop, it's OK to terminate its potential to develop?

A lot of things prevent eggs from developing. It's actually very hard to get pregnant.

All the pill is doing is making it harder.

One of the reasons for this is so only the best and strongest eggs/sperm come together for a good pregnancy.

Otherwise, it will result in an miscarriage.

As my OBGYN assured me when I was scared to death to find out I was pregnant again (as the last one resulted in a very traumatic misscarriage) "Bad pregnancies are hard to keep, good pregnancies are hard to get rid of. You have a good pregnancy."

She was right. She's going to turn 13 in two months. :D

Again.. Mr Obtuse.. pregnancy begins at implantation

I didn't ask when pregnancy began.

Does human life being at conception?

Again Mr. Obtuse.. in order for human life development, nourishment, hormonal production, etc is needed.. when a blastocyst attaches.... WHICH HAPPENS AT MOTHERFUCKING IMPLANTATION

you are about as thick as a motherfucking brick

I didn't ask what was needed for a human life to develop.

And again.... the accepted medical definition of pregnancy is based on the time of implantation... as it is carrying an embryo, which only happens after implantation

Conception is an imprecise term based on the zygote or 'fertilized egg' stage.. one is not pregnant until implantation

Fertilized eggs are frequently discarded by the body in a natural process

So yes.. I will continue to side ore on the use of birth control and continue to be against the procedure of abortion to remove a developing human life from the womb

OK. Thanks for clarification. So, life does not begin at conception...for you.

It is OK to terminate the life of a fertilized egg because it does not have the potential to become a baby without the help of the woman's womb.

:eusa_think:

Life must feed.... the 'fertilized' egg, by nature cannot feed... it cannot adapt to the environment... this only happens after implantation

OK. It's wrong to terminate a (human) life that is able to feed?

I don't know what you're talking about, but look again: For those who missed my ealier link (from the package insert of Ortho-triclen (R)):[Emphasis added this time]

Go Ask Alice!: How do birth control pills work?

Again... you are focusing on a secondary 'safeguard' in the design of hormonal birth control... again... the main way a BC pill works if thru ovulation suppression

So its OK to take a human life as long as its a last resort to getting what you want?

You are confusing an egg with a good implanted pregnancy. The two are not the same.

Again Mr. Obtuse.. in order for human life development, nourishment, hormonal production, etc is needed.. when a blastocyst attaches.... WHICH HAPPENS AT MOTHERFUCKING IMPLANTATION

He has already answered. No, he does not believe that.

Go Ask Alice!: How do birth control pills work?

Again... you are focusing on a secondary 'safeguard' in the design of hormonal birth control... again... the main way a BC pill works if thru ovulation suppression

So its OK to take a human life as long as its a last resort to getting what you want?

You are confusing an egg with a good implanted pregnancy. The two are not the same.

I know the difference. What I'd like to know is whether or not its morally acceptable to take pro-active measures to deny a human being its chance at life by preventing its attachment to the uterine wall.

Do you even know the difference between aborting something and preventing something??

As if your inane lyrics did not paint you as enough of an idiot

Uhh, you didn't really answer my question. Does the life of a human being begin at conception or not? A simple yes or no would suffice. Thanks.

Again... the development of the life does not take place until implantation... fertilized and unfertilized eggs pass thru the system regularly without resulting in a pregnancy.... with or without a BC pill... and as it was explained to you just a few posts up, the BC pill prevents pregnancy by mainly stopping ovulation... you seem to readily confuse normal BC pills and the controversial 'abortion' pill

Perhaps you should actually understand a bit more about how pregnancy and birth control pills work... tps has already been trying to educate you

In other words, SpidermanTuba, he says "NO," life doesn't begin at conception, but at successful implantation.

:)

Dave, you missed a post by Si Modo, where he actually quotes the information insert from a certain type of contraception pill, where it is detailed that its secondary function is the prevention of implantation of a fertilized egg. Now, if you believe that life begins at conception, that should, technically, constitute an abortion. Unless, of course, you don't think that life begins and conception.

OK. Thanks for clarification. So, life does not begin at conception...for you.

It is OK to terminate the life of a fertilized egg because it does not have the potential to become a baby without the help of the woman's womb.

:eusa_think:

Life must feed.... the 'fertilized' egg, by nature cannot feed... it cannot adapt to the environment... this only happens after implantation

OK. It's wrong to terminate a (human) life that is able to feed?

It is not a life until it can feed and adapt to environment... it is disingenuous to put it in the terms that you have

So, because the fertilized egg still needs to develop, it's OK to terminate its potential to develop?

A lot of things prevent eggs from developing. It's actually very hard to get pregnant.

All the pill is doing is making it harder.

One of the reasons for this is so only the best and strongest eggs/sperm come together for a good pregnancy.

Otherwise, it will result in an miscarriage.

As my OBGYN assured me when I was scared to death to find out I was pregnant again (as the last one resulted in a very traumatic misscarriage) "Bad pregnancies are hard to keep, good pregnancies are hard to get rid of. You have a good pregnancy."

She was right. She's going to turn 13 in two months. :D

Ummm, you're still not getting it. I am NOT talking about an egg - I am talking about a fertlized egg when telling you how the COCP (the Pill) works.

AGAIN, the COCP also prevents implantaion of the fertilized egg. It KILLS the fertilized egg (if it fails in preventing the fertilization).

Does the pill result in every human life not being implemented?

Does the pill result in every human life not being implemented?

Is kill a human being acceptable so long as the method isn't full proof?

Forum List

Back