GO OBAMA GO!!! Go get 'em oh great One!!!

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Obama wants sooooooooooooo badly to maintain his image of standing over a downed BP executive with his "boot on the throat".

In the minds of liberals all over the country, they are having collective gorgasms just at the pure daydream thought of Obama standing over top of a BP exec, while wearing an ACORN t-shirt, with his boot firmly planted and grinding in the BP execs throat, while holding in one hand a bird from the gulf coast, and in the other an arrest warrant for crimes on the environment.

We must realize the only people truly celebrating this oil disaster is the left. They are cherishing this moment like Christmas or a newborn child. To think, on EARTH DAY of all days, a massive oil rig "accident" that will be the poster event for the liberal anti-industry movement for the next 50 years.

It's almost as Lord Obama himself flew down from the heavens and granted them this unlikely miracle of political spin.

Because if you sit in a quite field, with no noise, and listen hard, you can hear the faint voices of liberals nationwide, millions of them, in coffee shops and professors lounges, uttering the phrase "It's tragic that it had to happen.............but in a way I'm glad it did because now we have a tragedy to use as leverage." While deep inside their little personal Obama cheerleader is yelling "Thank you Obama for this event, we are now righteous in our words!!!"

Obama wants sooooooooooooo badly to maintain his image of standing over a downed BP executive with his "boot on the throat".

In the minds of liberals all over the country, they are having collective gorgasms just at the pure daydream thought of Obama standing over top of a BP exec, while wearing an ACORN t-shirt, with his boot firmly planted and grinding in the BP execs throat, while holding in one hand a bird from the gulf coast, and in the other an arrest warrant for crimes on the environment.

We must realize the only people truly celebrating this oil disaster is the left. They are cherishing this moment like Christmas or a newborn child. To think, on EARTH DAY of all days, a massive oil rig "accident" that will be the poster event for the liberal anti-industry movement for the next 50 years.

It's almost as Lord Obama himself flew down from the heavens and granted them this unlikely miracle of political spin.

Because if you sit in a quite field, with no noise, and listen hard, you can hear the faint voices of liberals nationwide, millions of them, in coffee shops and professors lounges, uttering the phrase "It's tragic that it had to happen.............but in a way I'm glad it did because now we have a tragedy to use as leverage." While deep inside their little personal Obama cheerleader is yelling "Thank you Obama for this event, we are now righteous in our words!!!"

How do you know Obama didn't cause the accident???

He did it on purpose with his HAARP oil spill machine.

At least that's what Hugo Chavez told me.

I'll bet deep down inside, Owe Bama is pissed because of all the potential Cap and Trade tax money he is loosing out on.

you will go far here.

To me, it sounds like the right is going to do some celebrating. This is there opportunity to criticizing Obama for the poor government response just as the Democrats criticized Bush for the Katrina response. It's a shame that every national disaster is looked upon as an opportunity for the right of left to score points.

you will go far here.

None of us were born yesterday. There are politics in everything, but I would challenge you to find ANYONE in solid mental health to see this oil spill as a good thing. I include the BP oil executives. I really hate to see a thread get this twisted.

ixtox1.jpg

Hell. I misinterpreted your title. My first thought was, "My God, Bear Bryant is rolling in his grave." Then I remembered that it's "Go 'Bama ... roll Tide."

I may be way off base, but it seems nobody has considered a deliberate attack on the underwater parts of the rig. I've seen these rigs from the Alabama beaches, I know they're big and lit up at night. But if everybody is busy doing their job how easy would it be for someone in a dark vessel (even a black or dark colored raft) to go unnoticed? How easy would it be for black wetsuits to go unnoticed? Is it even remotely possible that a bomb with a delayed charge could be placed on the rig? If they can get down there to cap the damned thing isn't it possible for someone to get down there and blow the thing up?

I'm not taking up for BP in any way. I quit buying Mobil gas when BP bought them out because I didn't like their attitude or their business tactics - particularly with the way they dealt with owners of Mobil gas stations. But I don't think a COMPLETE investigation has determined what did actually happen - it's just easier to automatically blame BP.

Hell. I misinterpreted your title. My first thought was, "My God, Bear Bryant is rolling in his grave." Then I remembered that it's "Go 'Bama ... roll Tide."

I may be way off base, but it seems nobody has considered a deliberate attack on the underwater parts of the rig. I've seen these rigs from the Alabama beaches, I know they're big and lit up at night. But if everybody is busy doing their job how easy would it be for someone in a dark vessel (even a black or dark colored raft) to go unnoticed? How easy would it be for black wetsuits to go unnoticed? Is it even remotely possible that a bomb with a delayed charge could be placed on the rig? If they can get down there to cap the damned thing isn't it possible for someone to get down there and blow the thing up?

I'm not taking up for BP in any way. I quit buying Mobil gas when BP bought them out because I didn't like their attitude or their business tactics - particularly with the way they dealt with owners of Mobil gas stations. But I don't think a COMPLETE investigation has determined what did actually happen - it's just easier to automatically blame BP.

Who would stand to benefit from such a conspiracy?

Mobil is owned by Exxon, and they have offered to assist BP.
Statement by ExxonMobil regarding the BP-Deepwater Horizon incident

Who would stand to benefit from such a conspiracy?

Mobil is owned by Exxon, and they have offered to assist BP.
Statement by ExxonMobil regarding the BP-Deepwater Horizon incident

Well, some terrorist group might have the benefit and/or satisfaction of knowing they've caused a huge financial problem for the US, we've been deprived of some of our own resources making us still dependent on outside sources to supply us. They have put a huge economic deficit on the locals who depend on fishing, shrimping, etc. for a living. It's the life blood of their existence. And this affects people all over the country who love shrimp, crawfish, and other sea food that is found in the Gulf waters. It's going to cause a huge shortage of these and even higher prices for what seafood that can be found.

And beyond that look at the ecological damage to the land and wildlife and the beach resorts. And how many years did it take to clean up the Exxon Valdez mess? It's going to take forever to finally get this mess cleaned up. The Valdez didn't continue to spew oil day after day after day from a never-ending supply because the ship itself was limited to the amount of oil it could carry.

Think about it. It may not be the same as instantly killing several hundred people in a subway station or Times Square. But the long-term effect is just as damaging. The financial and emotional trauma would be no different. This whole thing is just one big cluster-fuck.

And as an aside - I think you're wrong about Exxon owing Mobil. It was initially Mobil/BP signage the then BP signage completely got rid of the Mobil part. We now have BP signs everywhere we used to have Mobil signs.

Last edited:

I think you mean how do you know 0bama didn't make this look like an accident. It will be interesting to see how they explain the failure of the failsafe devices. It almost has to be on purpose.

I think you mean how do you know 0bama didn't make this look like an accident. It will be interesting to see how they explain the failure of the failsafe devices. It almost has to be on purpose.

You will never know. Just like you will never know about the fort hood terrorist.. they are as busy as a herd of cats covering up shit.

Well, actually a lot of people considered the attack. Janet NotAClueaponitano stated DOD people were on scene within hours. Thats the so-called SWAT teams who secured the other rigs. Good move, also, as we didn't know WTF was happening. The media and government would have been wise to immediately rule that out and state it strongly and publicly that this was NOT an attack.

Personally, I think it was, and it is being heavily covered right now until CIA/FBI figure out just what the hell happened. BP is an easy enemy. But, imo, the reason the government hasn't come out strongly and stated it wasn't an attack yet is because they aren't sure if it was or not, or worse, they know it was and no one has taken blame or credit for it yet. In fact, the Russian Northern Fleet has sent a memo to the Kremlin confirming their belief that the rig was destroyed by the North Koreans, and have solid evidence that this could be plausible.

Regardless of how it all plays out, I must honestly say I don't blame Obama for any of it. And I'm as anti-Obama as they come but he's just playing the political side of it like any politician would. Attack or accident, he couldn't have prevented it, and as we all know, the government cannot efficiently fix it. They sent armed units quickly to other rigs to secure them. Thats the governments 1 thing they do well and Obama had that done, so he can't take much blame for this mess however it turns out.

I will say, if this was an attack, it will be hard to cover up. BP and many industry experts have stated they are baffled at how it could've happened. The odds apparantly are nearly impossible. An attack is far more possible and logical as an explanation.

My gut feeling is it was an attack, but not by a terror group, but rather a nation. Venezuela, Cuba, Iran, N. Korea, or with assistance from China, Russia. And I say that because no one has taken credit for it. Al Qaida and Eco-Terrorists dont' have the technology, and would want the credit. A national government would smartly stay quiet and watch the USA scramble in the dark. That, in my opinion, is why the feds have not come out to strongly rule out an attack yet, despite the rumors of it circulating, because I'm sure government employees specializing in oil rigs have also stated this accident is nearly impossible to explain, but they also cannot figure out who or what attacked them. Kinda in the midst of the late evening of 09-11-2001 state of mind. Who, what, where, why, etc.

We'll see. Although it would suck politically for the right, I truly hope this was just a freak accident, because that is by far the lesser of two evils. Cap and trade would suck, but I'd rather suffer under that than another large war.

Forum List

Back