Why aren't the anti-choice people against birth control pills.

...yes i'm a 'conservative' 'pro-lifer'..i believe in 'small government'

:rolleyes:

(but not so small the government can't have it's nose into womans' wombs!..and not so small it can't execute and jail people for terminating a pregnancy!..) :rolleyes:

Another instance of complete ignorance.

A) The Federal governmnent got "involved" in women's womans with Roe v. Wade. Prior to that it was decided by the States as it should per the 10th Amendment. It was the USSC that UnConstitutionally involved itself in what should be a question for the sundry states by Roe v. Wade.

B) Show me a state that ever "executed" a woman for having an abortion. The last historic such case I'm aware of was more than 100 years ago and didn't happen in this country.

Thus we have more straw dog arguments that fall apart when the facts are implemented.

Why shouldn't a woman be executed for having an abortion? You wouldn't have a problem with the death penalty if she was guilty of premeditated murder of a 2 year old?

I thought a fetus wasn't any different than a person.

Life must feed.... the 'fertilized' egg, by nature cannot feed... it cannot adapt to the environment... this only happens after implantation

OK. It's wrong to terminate a (human) life that is able to feed?

It is not a life until it can feed and adapt to environment... it is disingenuous to put it in the terms that you have
I don't believe it is disingenuous of me at all. I go with the technical terms as they pertain to biolgical processes. I don't reinvent those terms.

So, again, what I am understanding of your view is that it is wrong to terminate a human life that is able to feed, and now, adapt to environment. Right?

Last edited:
...yes i'm a 'conservative' 'pro-lifer'..i believe in 'small government'

:rolleyes:

(but not so small the government can't have it's nose into womans' wombs!..and not so small it can't execute and jail people for terminating a pregnancy!..) :rolleyes:

A) The Federal governmnent got "involved" in women's womans with Roe v. Wade. Prior to that it was decided by the States as it should per the 10th Amendment. It was the USSC that UnConstitutionally involved itself in what should be a question for the sundry states by Roe v. Wade.

B) Show me a state that ever "executed" a woman for having an abortion. The last historic such case I'm aware of was more than 100 years ago and didn't happen in this country.

Thus we have more straw dog arguments that fall apart when the facts are implemented.

Why shouldn't a woman be executed for having an abortion? You wouldn't have a problem with the death penalty if she was guilty of premeditated murder of a 2 year old?

In many states the murder of a child is automatically 1st degree murder. I fail to see how a premeditated murder of a baby human being 1 month before its born should not be 1st degree but 1 minute after its born is.

So abortion is OK during the first 2 weeks of pregnancy?

you are not pregnant til implantation... nice try, idiot

The heart doesn't start beating till after implantation.

Neither does the brain start working until after implantation... in your case, we're still waiting for that stage.... but even with that, I still consider you an innocent human life and hence your life is to be protected

The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation.... hence why the pregnancy starts at implantation.... feeding, adaptation, growth (and not just division), development... can only take place thanks to the things that happen between the mother and the blastocyst at implantation

So, because the fertilized egg still needs to develop, it's OK to terminate its potential to develop?

A lot of things prevent eggs from developing. It's actually very hard to get pregnant.

All the pill is doing is making it harder.

One of the reasons for this is so only the best and strongest eggs/sperm come together for a good pregnancy.

Otherwise, it will result in an miscarriage.

As my OBGYN assured me when I was scared to death to find out I was pregnant again (as the last one resulted in a very traumatic misscarriage) "Bad pregnancies are hard to keep, good pregnancies are hard to get rid of. You have a good pregnancy."

She was right. She's going to turn 13 in two months. :D

Ummm, you're still not getting it. I am NOT talking about an egg - I am talking about a fertlized egg when telling you how the COCP (the Pill) works.

AGAIN, the COCP also prevents implantaion of the fertilized egg. It KILLS the fertilized egg (if it fails in preventing the fertilization).

No you are not getting it. SAME THING HAPPENS to a LOT of fertilized eggs. Not every fertilized egg results in a pregnancy. Like I said, same thing happens when one is already pregnant. SAME HORMONES.

As Dave pointed out. You aren't pregnant until the egg is implemented in the womb. Until then, the egg is going to die anyway.

you are not pregnant til implantation... nice try, idiot

Neither does the brain start working until after implantation... in your case, we're still waiting for that stage.... but even with that, I still consider you an innocent human life and hence your life is to be protected

The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation.... hence why the pregnancy starts at implantation.... feeding, adaptation, growth (and not just division), development... can only take place thanks to the things that happen between the mother and the blastocyst at implantation

Does life begin at conception? I was never clear on your answer.

In many states the murder of a child is automatically 1st degree murder. I fail to see how a premeditated murder of a baby human being 1 month before its born should not be 1st degree but 1 minute after its born is.

Agreed

If life begins at conception then RU 486 is first degree murder.

The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....The necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....

Are you clear yet, idiot?

No, because, as I said, people are confusing what the pill does with RU486 (the morning after pill)

Answer: Birth control pills, or oral contraceptives, contain hormones that suppress ovulation. During ovulation an egg is released from the ovaries, without ovulation there is no egg to be fertilized and pregnancy cannot occur. There are 2 types of birth control pills -- the combined pill and the Minipill. The combined pill contains both estrogen and progestin, while the Minipill contains only progestin.

How Does the Birth Control Pill Work?

In short, it fools your body into thinking you are pregnant.

Thus it is no more hypocritical to use the pill than to have sex while already pregnant, as your body will NATURALLY prevent another pregnancy (although there have been RARE cases where a woman has become pregnant again while already pregnancy. I reiterate that's RARE)

It's naturally prevents you from ovulating. It does not KILL anything.

That being said. I don't use the pill. Only a man would invent something that makes you feel like you are in your first trimester ALL THE FREAKING TIME, and think that's a great thing.

I'm not interested in feeling like I have to throw up all the time. I quit after one week, and don't regret it. Too many health risks with the damn things anyway.

There are other natural ways to prevent pregnancy that work and we've only had two kids and no you may not ask. NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. ;)

;)

No, TPS. As the OP stated and I linked to, one of the mechanisms of actions of the combined oral contraceptive pill (the 'Pill') is to prevent implantation of the fertilized egg. When the primary mechanism (prevent fertilization) fails, the secondary is a back up. The pill has a high fail rate, still.

But like I said THAT is RU486.

Now, I AGREE. That when the pill fails and they go to the RU486 to stop the pregnancy, THAT IS ABORTION.

But, for example, I'm pro-life and I would not use RU486.

The op is supplying a straw dog. Claiming those that are pro-life would use RU 486, when the truth is pro-lifers are against RU486 as am I.

There is a huge difference between preventing ovulation and killing a conceived embryo.

But he is trying to confuse the two things. I see no evidence from the op or anywhere in the thread that pro-lifers, like myself, are for or would use RU-486.

Birth control (in my own case) has failed twice. Their ages are now 20 and 12. :D ;) Never regret having them either.

hahahaha, you are offering your own experiential evidence that breakthrough ovulation does occur while on birth control and still claiming it doesn't happen. :clap2:

Nice.

Does the life of a human being begin at conception? yes or no?

You have been answered so many times.. but you insist on being like a 2 year old with your fingers in your ears going "la la la la la la la"

Crawl back under your rock

No, I can't find a single one of your posts with a simple "yes" or "no" answer to the question. All you do is avoid answering the question.

Maybe I'm wrong. If so, please, refresh my memory, does human life begin at conception? Yes or No?

Also - does this mean embryonic stem cell research is morally acceptable?

neither does the brain start working until after implantation... In your case, we're still waiting for that stage.... But even with that, i still consider you an innocent human life and hence your life is to be protected

the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation.... Hence why the pregnancy starts at implantation.... Feeding, adaptation, growth (and not just division), development... Can only take place thanks to the things that happen between the mother and the blastocyst at implantation

does life begin at conception? I was never clear on your answer.

the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....the necessary parts for life do not take place until implantation....

Are you clear yet, idiot?

i did not ask when the "neccessary parts for life" began.

i quite simply asked whether or not human life began at conception. That is a yes or no question and you refuse to answer.

Do you understand that the part of a pregnancy that includes implementation.

Sheesh!

The problem is, your attempt to tweak pro-lifers has failed under the weight of facts, but since you have nothing else you continue to demand everyone stick to your limited understanding of pregnancy.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

A lot of things prevent eggs from developing. It's actually very hard to get pregnant.

All the pill is doing is making it harder.

One of the reasons for this is so only the best and strongest eggs/sperm come together for a good pregnancy.

Otherwise, it will result in an miscarriage.

As my OBGYN assured me when I was scared to death to find out I was pregnant again (as the last one resulted in a very traumatic misscarriage) "Bad pregnancies are hard to keep, good pregnancies are hard to get rid of. You have a good pregnancy."

She was right. She's going to turn 13 in two months. :D

Ummm, you're still not getting it. I am NOT talking about an egg - I am talking about a fertlized egg when telling you how the COCP (the Pill) works.

AGAIN, the COCP also prevents implantaion of the fertilized egg. It KILLS the fertilized egg (if it fails in preventing the fertilization).

No you are not getting it. SAME THING HAPPENS to a LOT of fertilized eggs. Not every fertilized egg results in a pregnancy. Like I said, same thing happens when one is already pregnant. SAME HORMONES.

As Dave pointed out. You aren't pregnant until the egg is implemented in the womb. Until then, the egg is going to die anyway.

Why do you keep talking about an egg when trying to refute the fact that the COCP will prevent implantation of a fertilized egg?

Why do you keep talking about having sex during pregnancy when one does not ovluate? One can certainly ovulate while taking the Pill because of its high fail rate in preventing ovulation.

The COCP WILL prevent implantion of the fertilized egg and it's OK to 'unnaturally' kill that fertilized egg with you. Why is that OK with you?

If life begins at conception then RU 486 is first degree murder.

I agree. I am against RU 486.

Do you understand that the part of a pregnancy that includes implementation.

Yes.

Why is it I have no trouble answering yes/no questions, but you and DiamondDave can't seem to comprehend?

Does life begin at conception?

No, TPS. As the OP stated and I linked to, one of the mechanisms of actions of the combined oral contraceptive pill (the 'Pill') is to prevent implantation of the fertilized egg. When the primary mechanism (prevent fertilization) fails, the secondary is a back up. The pill has a high fail rate, still.

But like I said THAT is RU486.

Now, I AGREE. That when the pill fails and they go to the RU486 to stop the pregnancy, THAT IS ABORTION.

But, for example, I'm pro-life and I would not use RU486.

The op is supplying a straw dog. Claiming those that are pro-life would use RU 486, when the truth is pro-lifers are against RU486 as am I.

There is a huge difference between preventing ovulation and killing a conceived embryo.

But he is trying to confuse the two things. I see no evidence from the op or anywhere in the thread that pro-lifers, like myself, are for or would use RU-486.

Birth control (in my own case) has failed twice. Their ages are now 20 and 12. :D ;) Never regret having them either.

hahahaha, you are offering your own experiential evidence that breakthrough ovulation does occur while on birth control and still claiming it doesn't happen. :clap2:

Nice.

The problem with your argument is, I don't USE birth control dumbass!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just because I am arguing birth control is not the same thing as abortion, does not mean I USE the pill or any other method. I don't.

When I said birth control, I meant NATURAL birth control, not the pill.

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back