Why are women slaves to hair shaving?

PK1

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2015
It was only a century ago that most women in the world did not shave their legs or armpits.

So, why are most Western women shaving so much of their body hair nowadays, even most/all of their pubic hair?

Is it the men's fault for being brainwashed by the marketing industry, and conformist women are "forced" to accomodate them?

because the advertising industry has turned personal care into a self service industry

because the advertising industry has turned personal care into a self service industry

---
But why do men & women have to be slaves to the advertising industry?
Do they have no independent thinking and control of their own emotions?

Of course they do but are susceptible to images and fashions. Women seem to be more so because of their competitive nature in the woman's world and fashion.

It was only a century ago that most women in the world did not shave their legs or armpits.

So, why are most Western women shaving so much of their body hair nowadays, even most/all of their pubic hair?

Is it the men's fault for being brainwashed by the marketing industry, and conformist women are "forced" to accomodate them?

I shave because I like to be smooth and I feel cleaner too. :D

It's that bad?

It's that bad?

Being a stripper you must have shaved too. :lol:

It's that bad?

Being a stripper you must have shaved too. :lol:
I have light blonde body hair, and have never had a beard.I can'stand the itching.

I really don't think I was brainwashed by the marketing industry. I started shaving because my mom shaved and all the older girls and women did so. It was just the natural thing to do and when you start shaving as a girl, it makes you feel more like a "woman." :D I couldn't wait to start shaving. In fact, I cut myself several times with my mom's razor as a young one trying to shave when she left it out.

You know waxing is the thing now. Not for me though. No way! If anyone tells you "it's not that bad . . . " They are LYING to you. My friend said those exact words and let me tell you something . . . ouch.

Because hairy women are not attractive to most men. Most women don't like a lot of body hair on their men either.

Also, in related news, there was once a large study done among Scandinavian women. It was found that they by a vast percentage prefer the "little German helmet" to the "old limp sock".

News you can use.

I really don't think I was brainwashed by the marketing industry. I started shaving because my mom shaved and all the older girls and women did so. It was just the natural thing to do and when you start shaving as a girl, it makes you feel more like a "woman." :D I couldn't wait to start shaving. In fact, I cut myself several times with my mom's razor as a young one trying to shave when she left it out.

---
You described a "normal" cultural learning pattern while growing up.
I was also influenced by cultural norms, until I learned to think for myself.

When I first saw a naked photo of a woman, I was repulsed when I unexpectedly saw pubic hair, at age 12. Subsequently, after I discovered "nature", and re-oriented my expectations and fantasies, i started appreciating feminine body hair and now I get turned on by it.
It's natural.

---

When I first saw a naked photo of a woman, I was repulsed when I unexpectedly saw pubic hair, at age 12. Subsequently, after I discovered "nature", and re-oriented my expectations and fantasies, i started appreciating feminine body hair and now I get turned on by it.
It's natural.

To me, not so pretty. :D I don't see why you guys make such a big deal out of such things anyways . . . shouldn't it be the person who turns on and not whether or not they are hairy?

---

It's natural.

To me, not so pretty. :D I don't see why you guys make such a big deal out of such things anyways . . . shouldn't it be the person who turns on and not whether or not they are hairy?

I prefer my woman closely trimmed or shaved. The Big Bush is not my cup of tea.

Because they DO think for themselves, I thank all the ladies who take pride in their appearance.....

• Thanks
Reactions: PK1

---

It's natural.

I prefer my woman closely trimmed or shaved. The Big Bush is not my cup of tea.

I personally find it unattractive too. I do not like body hair. :D

It's not just women who are shaving down these days

---

It's natural.

---
Ultimately, YES, it SHOULD be the "person" one marries, but that person is not unidimensional. Physical attraction is part of the mix.
For guys, I would venture to say that looks makes more of a difference due to their vision disposition vs a more auditory & smell disposition among women. At least that describes my wife & myself.
Of course, I generalized a lot, and I realize there are many exceptions.

Forum List

Back