Why are light skinned blacks smarter than dark skinned blacks?

This is nonsense. I have a light skinned cousin who is only high school educated. Yet I am a darker skinned sister who has college education.

I wonder if you've noticed that among blacks, there seems to be a prejudice toward being "bright" (the word my students used to described lighter skinned African Americans)?

All of you are idiots for arguing this nonsense, there is no proof that light skinned blacks are smarter than dark skinned blacks and vice versa, skin color among blacks isn't a proxy to indicate mixture because within families who have the same parents one can see a wide range of skin colors.

This is nonsense. I have a light skinned cousin who is only high school educated. Yet I am a darker skinned sister who has college education.

I wonder if you've noticed that among blacks, there seems to be a prejudice toward being "bright" (the word my students used to described lighter skinned African Americans)?

of course i notice this among some blacks. but it goes both ways. there are some dark skinned blacks who think light skinned blacks are arrogant. and then some light skinned blacks think that they dark skinned blacks are beneath them.

but nowadays it's less prevalent than it was say 30 years ago.

I cannot believe I'm teaching your ignorant-craker-ass how to spell while LtC (ret) Allen West, FL congressional candidate is so eloquently expressing himself on Hannity.

People like the colonel are fascinating examples of the idea that because I did something or I was able to do something, barriers do not still exist. In reality barriers will probably always be there, that is complex life, but to assume that your life experiences somehow condemn others as (???) is just off the wall. Changes from MLK and LBJ made the colonel's life possible. We can even add Truman to that possibility. Does he know that? Weird how some people are so completely self centered and require a foe to define and further enhance themselves.

All of you are idiots for arguing this nonsense, there is no proof that light skinned blacks are smarter than dark skinned blacks and vice versa, skin color among blacks isn't a proxy to indicate mixture because within families who have the same parents one can see a wide range of skin colors.
It isn't enough that mani himself feels superior to dark black people. He wants everyone to feel that way.

It isn't enough that mani himself feels superior to dark black people. He wants everyone to feel that way.

Has ANYONE had the Dark Chocolate Reeces that have been advertised?:confused:

I can't find them anywhere.:(

of course i notice this among some blacks. but it goes both ways. there are some dark skinned blacks who think light skinned blacks are arrogant. and then some light skinned blacks think that they dark skinned blacks are beneath them.

but nowadays it's less prevalent than it was say 30 years ago.

True, I can agree with this, before I got married sisters told me straight up that I was too bright, eventhough I have siblings who are darker than I and dark skinned sisters are my preference. But I agree it goes both ways.

No wonder we don't 'honest' discussions on race in this country. Because some of us are honestly crazy when it comes to race.

honesty and race discussions are mutually exclusive.

So all that's left is comedic ridicule. :lol:

For those of you who truly haven't figured out this light skinned/dark skinned phenomena. From 1621 until today, whites have been far more lenient with light skinned blacks than they have with their darker skinned counter parts. Light skinned blacks were 'allowed' to start/have schools, businesses, etc. While darker skinned blacks had their efforts destroyed by segments of the white community. To me, it seems perfectly natural, that after observing this phenomena, young blacks would express a greater affinity for lighter skinned blacks. Why? Because from their perspective, it's an easier life if you're light skinned versus dark skinned.

Unless you're a recent immigrant, I find it difficult to believe that my white brothers/sisters didn't already know this.

honesty and race discussions are mutually exclusive.

So all that's left is comedic ridicule. :lol:

And that's about what we have here.

You catch on quickly. :thup:

You must be light skinned. :lol:

Actually, I'm neither light nor dark skinned. I'm what's affectionately referred to the in the black community as 'pecan tan'.........

In genealogicaly terms, that simply means that the last white ancestor in my family tree occurred sometime during slavery.

And that's about what we have here.

You catch on quickly. :thup:

You must be light skinned. :lol:

Actually, I'm neither light nor dark skinned. I'm what's affectionately referred to the in the black community as 'pecan tan'.........

In genealogicaly terms, that simply means that the last white ancestor in my family tree occurred sometime during slavery.

This would probably make you an "Octoroon."

I wonder if you've ever calculated your current net worth based on what you would have sold for in 1860 vs. what your real net worth is?

First, I disagree with the premise that on a global scale, ANY skin color makes anyone "smarter" than anyone else.

Only a fool would go through life making such a broad assumption.

But, here is my observation about cultural reality in the USA and Mexico: The Taller you are, the more light your skin, and the more masculine you are (even if you are a woman), the better you are treated, respected, trusted, and even admired.

How do you react when you are most frequently liked by other people?

When people automatically believe you are better, you become better.

the taller you are, the lighter your skin? me thought shaq o'neal was dark??:doubt:

It's a shame that people correlate having lighter skin with some type of white ancestory when Africans vary without any necessary foreign influence. Google tha Khoi Khoi (San Bushmen). All of their features are derived from the sub-tropical regoins of Africa where UV radiation is less abundant than say Southern Sudan where you will find some of the blackest human beings on earth. Search for pictures of the Igbo people of Nigeria they range from brown paper bag to deep dark tones. In the heart of the Congo many Africans are what you would call "brown" or lighter toned because the dense jungles shades them from extreme UV radiation. I'm Will Smith's complexion and my mother looks like Tisha Campbell. This thread is stupid. F!ck you all.

First, I disagree with the premise that on a global scale, ANY skin color makes anyone "smarter" than anyone else.

Only a fool would go through life making such a broad assumption.

But, here is my observation about cultural reality in the USA and Mexico: The Taller you are, the more light your skin, and the more masculine you are (even if you are a woman), the better you are treated, respected, trusted, and even admired.

How do you react when you are most frequently liked by other people?

When people automatically believe you are better, you become better.

the taller you are, the lighter your skin? me thought shaq o'neal was dark??:doubt:

Reading isn't your strongest skill, is it.:tongue:

It's a shame that people correlate having lighter skin with some type of white ancestory when Africans vary without any necessary foreign influence. ......... This thread is stupid. F!ck you all.

Thank you Captain Obvious!

But wouldn't you agree that most African-Americans that appear to have lighter skin tone are more probably decended from the offspring of Caucasions and Blacks than members of the Khoi Khoi Tribe?

Forum List

Back