Why a single senator is blocking US military promotions and what it means for the Pentagon

Oh, no you don't. You don't get to move the goalposts. I said, "human being", which is an undeniable biological fact, NOT a person, which is a title conferred by the Lawyer Fairy, who sprinkles his magic dust on a newborn after verifying with the mother that the newborn is to actually become a person.

Now, you didn't answer what I said about the overpopulation preachers. Don't you agree that the loudest overpopulation preachers should have the shortest sermons, or are you of the camp that insists it's everyone ELSE's duty to shrink the world's population? Face it, the developed western world is already on that path. We're not replacing our population as it ages.

No, a fetus most definitely is NOT a "human being". A human being is self sufficient. A fetus in the womb is not.

And yes I did answer you claim that those worried about over population should kill themselves.
Obviously that would not at all work, since the problem is all those who are reproducing beyond just the sustainable amount.
So the efforts of those to get others to reduce their population growth is the most essential activity.
And suicide accomplishes absolutely nothing.
It is not at all relevant how long one lives, but how many offspring they have or prevent that matters.

No, a fetus most definitely is NOT a "human being". A human being is self sufficient. A fetus in the womb is not.
There are many people who are not self-sufficient. In fact, they require constant care and attention just to survive, even to the extent that they are permanently attached to machines just to keep them alive. Yet you would be put in prison for a long time if you started hacking them to pieces with a saw. And, you can take an 8 month old developing baby from the womb and almost guarantee survival yet get in no trouble at all for hacking said baby able to survive on his/her own to pieces as long as you do it out of sight, sound and mind inside the womb.
And yes I did answer you claim that those worried about over population should kill themselves.
Obviously that would not at all work, since the problem is all those who are reproducing beyond just the sustainable amount.
So the efforts of those to get others to reduce their population growth is the most essential activity.
And suicide accomplishes absolutely nothing.
It is not at all relevant how long one lives, but how many offspring they have or prevent that matters.
The western world is doing just that, with birth rates below replacement rates. In a hundred years the dominant people groups will be from the third world.

The senator is doing his job. It is not illegal to NOT rubberstamp administrative demands.

My point is that I am not finding any legal basis for Congress to get any way at all.
When it comes to the judiciary, the constitution has a reference to "advise and consent", but not to the military.
What does Congress know about the military?
Essentially nothing.
So I do not get where this authority would be coming from?
Here is something about the Constitution.

{...
“Advise and Consent” is a phrase that appears in the United States Constitution, Article II, Section 2, Clause 2. It states that the President of the United States "shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the Supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States."1
...}

I do not myself consider military officers to be Office Holders in the government?

There are many people who are not self-sufficient. In fact, they require constant care and attention just to survive, even to the extent that they are permanently attached to machines just to keep them alive. Yet you would be put in prison for a long time if you started hacking them to pieces with a saw. And, you can take an 8 month old developing baby from the womb and almost guarantee survival yet get in no trouble at all for hacking said baby able to survive on his/her own to pieces as long as you do it out of sight, sound and mind inside the womb.

The western world is doing just that, with birth rates below replacement rates. In a hundred years the dominant people groups will be from the third world.

Wrong.
Removing the support of the mother's body is NOT at all like attacking someone on a ventilator.
However, no one should be required to support even a ventilator if they do not want to.

The only reason the predictions of massive starvation by Malthus turned out wrong was by the massive application of fossil fuel.
Since fossil fuel is not renewable, that cannot be relied upon to continue.
That means we likely have to reduce populations by about 75%, or find an alternative to fossil fuels.

My point is that I am not finding any legal basis for Congress to get any way at all.
When it comes to the judiciary, the constitution has a reference to "advise and consent", but not to the military.
What does Congress know about the military?
Essentially nothing.
So I do not get where this authority would be coming from?
Here is something about the Constitution.

{...
“Advise and Consent” is a phrase that appears in the United States Constitution, Article II, Section 2, Clause 2. It states that the President of the United States "shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the Supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States."1
...}

I do not myself consider military officers to be Office Holders in the government?
Budget is entirely in the hands of congress. They are not required to rubber stamp the administration's demands.

The policy does not fund abortions. Under federal law, Defense Department facilities can perform abortions only when the life of the mother is at risk or in cases of rape or incest, and those instances have been extremely rare. According to the department, there were 91 abortions performed in military medical facilities between 2016 and 2021.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what a mess! Naturally he is from Alabama!

At the height of WWII, with 12MM men in arms, we had 7 4-star Generals, today we have 44, each with a 1,000 person HQ staff and we have NEVER been more unprepared for a conflict.

Shame it's not more than one. We need to block ALL APPOINTMENTS to ALL POSITIONS made by the Biden administration. They have proven time and again that genitals/skin color/mental illness are more important to them than qualifications for each position.

BLOCK ALL APPOINTMENTS & FUNDING
Is it you who talked tommy who to block?

Tommy Tuberville is evil, doing for anti-abortion.

Wrong.
Removing the support of the mother's body is NOT at all like attacking someone on a ventilator.
Why is it different? You're ignoring what I said about killing an 8-month-old developing baby that could survive outside the womb. Basically, your viability argument is moot because of the number of people totally dependent on machines and other humans for survival.
However, no one should be required to support even a ventilator if they do not want to.

The only reason the predictions of massive starvation by Malthus turned out wrong was by the massive application of fossil fuel.
Since fossil fuel is not renewable, that cannot be relied upon to continue.
That means we likely have to reduce populations by about 75%, or find an alternative to fossil fuels.
Fossil fuel usage will dwindle over time due to intensive research and development of alternative sources of energy production. Nuclear certainly stands as the strongest candidate for the near future. And don't worry, there will be plenty of third world people to face the overpopulation axe for you while you continue preaching about there being too many people.

Its baffling that a policy like this exists in a modern state. Its no wonder that nothing gets done.
Tommy,

It is so screwed up... They are bowing to the evangelical community who themselves were duped by a wedge issue... Evangelicals didn't give a fuck about abortion until 1977. It was used by evangelical churches to create a wedge issue which they could leverage against politicians that wanted to look at church tax status...

They had a few issues back then like moral panics and moral majorities... But none was as good as Abortion... They got a good sale on that, even though Jesus never mentioned it

The policy does not fund abortions. Under federal law, Defense Department facilities can perform abortions only when the life of the mother is at risk or in cases of rape or incest, and those instances have been extremely rare. According to the department, there were 91 abortions performed in military medical facilities between 2016 and 2021.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what a mess! Naturally he is from Alabama!
For the same reason traitor Trump and his cadre of Trump humpers want to disband the DoJ and FBI. So in the case of a Trump win they can rebuild those institutions with their own yes men.

Don't you have a separations of power act as well?
In the US, we have the Legislative to make laws, the Executive to enforce the laws, and the Judiciary to ensure both the Legislative and Executive do not violate rights.

The military is under the Executive, so one would think that the Legislative parliament would get no say?
It is for the Executive and Judicial to control.
Its just not an issue over here. the govt pay their wages so they are accountable to the govt in the form of parliament. But its not something, promotions, that parliament would bother with.

Same with judges. They pick the best people not on political grounds.

I would be horrified if it was.

We also dont have former soldiers in govt either. A few oddbods but nothing like the situation you have over there. The army isnt politicised on a partisan basis.. The lesss things that are the better.
The generals are political in trying to squeeze more money put of the govt. I think that is a constant all over the world.

Tommy,

It is so screwed up... They are bowing to the evangelical community who themselves were duped by a wedge issue... Evangelicals didn't give a fuck about abortion until 1977. It was used by evangelical churches to create a wedge issue which they could leverage against politicians that wanted to look at church tax status...

They had a few issues back then like moral panics and moral majorities... But none was as good as Abortion... They got a good sale on that, even though Jesus never mentioned it
You weren't part of the movement, were you? If you were, you would have known better.

No, a fetus most definitely is NOT a "human being". A human being is self sufficient.

Really? How long do you think a newborn can get along on it's own?

Last edited:
Really? How long do you think a new born can get along on it's own?
That is a good question. They claim viability is the threshold, yet a mother who lets a newborn try to survive on his/her own is quickly charged with a serious crime while adults who literally cannot draw their next breath without a machine are considered "viable" and thus to be persons.

I have tried to do some research, but find nothing in the Constitution.
All I find is Congressional legislation:
{...

10 U.S. Code § 624 - Promotions: how made​

(a)
(1)
When the report of a selection board convened under section 611(a) of this title is approved by the President, the Secretary of the military department concerned shall place the names of all officers approved for promotion within a competitive category on a single list for that competitive category, to be known as a promotion list, in the order of the seniority of such officers on the active-duty list or based on particular merit, as determined by the promotion board. A promotion list is considered to be established under this section as of the date of the approval of the report of the selection board under the preceding sentence.
(2)
Except as provided in subsection (d), officers on a promotion list for a competitive category shall be promoted to the next higher grade when additional officers in that grade and competitive category are needed. Promotions shall be made in the order in which the names of officers appear on the promotion list and after officers previously selected for promotion in that competitive category have been promoted. Officers to be promoted to the grade of first lieutenant or lieutenant (junior grade) shall be promoted in accordance with regulations prescribed by the Secretary concerned.
...}

So I do not see any congressional aspect.
Seems promotions are totally up to the military and Sec of Defense?
Perhaps you should have kept reading:

(c) Appointments under this section shall be made by the President, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, except that appointments under this section in the grade of first lieutenant or captain, in the case of officers of the Army, Air Force, Marine Corps, or Space Force, or lieutenant (junior grade) or lieutenant, in the case of officers of the Navy, shall be made by the President alone.

This is what President Asshole thinks of our heroes.

The sonofabitch walks out on MOH ceremony before it is finished leaving the recipient standing there by himself.

What a piece of shit!

WRONG!

Rape, rob, and other violent things violate the rights of others that you do not have the right to violate.
So it is legal to make laws against rape, rob, and other violent things.

The mother however has every right to decide if she wants to take the risk and burden of child birth.
No one else gets any say.
ABORTION IS, objectively, AGGRESSIVE VIOLENCE THAT VIOLATES THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS, you abject moronic bigoted filth.

No, the only possible survival of the human race will be if the normal people kill off all the people following ancient philosophies of birthing armies of conquest.
The normal people know how to prevent over population problems by only killing fetuses that are not sentient.
The religious fanatics who want to grow armies of conquest deliberately are trying to destroy all life on the planet.
Malthusians like yourself need to go first.

We’ll be right behind you, goodbye.

Forum List

Back