Who Would You Like To See Run For President In 2008?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Today it looks like Hillary has a 'lock' on Democrat nomination, but that is not a sure thing. Regardless of your politics, who would you like to see run in 2008? What issues are the most important to you?

gop_jeff said:
Newt Gingrich, Condi, and/or George Allen.

Any of those would be great... for the Dems. :teeth:

I'd like to see Ed Rendell or Joe Biden. I know the right would LOVE Hillary to have the nomination, but she's far too divisive a candidate and the right's biggest fantasy.

jillian said:
Any of those would be great... for the Dems. :teeth:

I'd like to see Ed Rendell or Joe Biden. I know the right would LOVE Hillary to have the nomination, but she's far too divisive a candidate and the right's biggest fantasy.
Isn't that what was said about GW?

I would like to see Condi elected, not because I believe in her policies but because I would like to see a woman and a black in that position. She may also be a good president. She's certainly more exceptional than most or all of the candidates we've put up lately. If she's elected then we don't have to hear any more crap about women and blacks being disenfranchised. Besides that I can definitely look at an listen to her on TV, whereas if Hillary is elected I will flush my TV down the toilet, or do a Keith Moon and toss it out of a hotel room. Hillary's voice is like the sound of Boy George thrown into a prison cell with a bunch of horny lifers or Helen Keller taking her first violin lesson.

Nuc said:
I would like to see Condi elected, not because I believe in her policies but because I would like to see a woman and a black in that position. She may also be a good president. She's certainly more exceptional than most or all of the candidates we've put up lately. If she's elected then we don't have to hear any more crap about women and blacks being disenfranchised. Besides that I can definitely look at an listen to her on TV, whereas if Hillary is elected I will flush my TV down the toilet, or do a Keith Moon and toss it out of a hotel room. Hillary's voice is like the sound of Boy George thrown into a prison cell with a bunch of horny lifers or Helen Keller taking her first violin lesson.

I would like to see her elected primarily for her foreign policy. Her being a woman and being black are secondary.

jillian said:
No. He pretended he was a moderate. And, btw, he didn't win the popular vote in 2000, remember? ;)
Actually every recount, including NY Times showed different, but you can search for the info, I'm done with that. ;)

jillian said:
Yawn backatcha.... more people also voted against him in 2004 than had ever voted against a presidential candidate. :p:

The most important fact about this is that the electorate was nearly evenly divided and in a very partisan way. If we continue with this adversarial, acrimonious political lifestyle we are in for permanent headaches. We need to ensure that both parties put up objectively good candidates and stop pounding away at irrelevant wedge issues.

gop_jeff said:
I would like to see her elected primarily for her foreign policy. Her being a woman and being black are secondary.

How about her looks and that cute grin of hers? Nice legs too.

Ed Rendell, Jillian???!!!???

The man tried to disenfranchise military voters in his state by trying to throw out every single absentee military ballot in the state of Pennsylvania in the last election!! The man is a thug.

Kathianne said:
Actually every recount, including NY Times showed different, but you can search for the info, I'm done with that. ;)

Not for the popular vote

Gem said:
Ed Rendell, Jillian???!!!???

The man tried to disenfranchise military voters in his state by trying to throw out every single absentee military ballot in the state of Pennsylvania in the last election!! The man is a thug.

He likely wont be governor in a few months so it doesnt matter.

Forum List

Back