Who would you like to see run against Obama?

As of today, Mitt Romney is the only candidate who can draw from the center. If the radical right will leave him alone and let him present a moderate platform and as a fiscal conservative with a social agenda, he has a chance. If they do to him what they did to McCain and force their agenda and Veep on him, it will be another landslide for Obama.

Palin, Paul, Gingrich, Jindall all have too much baggage to survive the election process
It is not a matter of forcing our agenda upon Mitt Romney. It is a matter of Mitt Romney either coming to us or being prepared to face defeat in his next election bid.

Romney is probably the only prayer Republicans have, but I can guarantee that the man is no 'southern' conservative with outdated ideas on how best to run an entire country.

I'd like to see the American People run against President Obama AND every incumbent in the Senate and the House of Representatives. It is time for us to make the government work for us, not vice versa.

Immie

first make sure the person is a usa citizen!!! second, make sure they love the usa, unlike hussein!!

YOU BETCHA!!!

them-liberals.jpg

As of today, Mitt Romney is the only candidate who can draw from the center. If the radical right will leave him alone and let him present a moderate platform and as a fiscal conservative with a social agenda, he has a chance. If they do to him what they did to McCain and force their agenda and Veep on him, it will be another landslide for Obama.

Palin, Paul, Gingrich, Jindall all have too much baggage to survive the election process
It is not a matter of forcing our agenda upon Mitt Romney. It is a matter of Mitt Romney either coming to us or being prepared to face defeat in his next election bid.

Romney is probably the only prayer Republicans have, but I can guarantee that the man is no 'southern' conservative with outdated ideas on how best to run an entire country.

McCain was his own worst enemy. He should never have run in the first place.

As an Obama supporter, I would like to see Sarah Palin as the Republican candidate.

As an American, Mitt Romney is the only republican I would find acceptable as president

Several are suggesting Ron Paul, but the man will be 74 years old by 2013. If he has become the new face of the new brand of conservatives, why aren't you promoting someone with his values but a little less long in the tooth?

Ron Paul is turning 74 this year, however he's in really good health. That could change of course, but as of right now he's in very good health. As for somebody younger with his ideals, I like former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson.

Not really who you would think would win, but who would you put the most effort to support?
Ron Paul? Mitt? Boehner? Gingrich?

ron Paul 1st for me, followed by Boehner and Gingrich...

Me, I want to run, but i have too shady of a personal background for that to ever happen. Plus I only make a 5 figure income so there is no way I could afford it.

So a realistic option....hmmm....to run against the Prez....damn thats a good question.

Ummmm......Ron Paul would be great but i dont think he can win unless he gets rid of his party designation and goes independant.

Wow....i really dont know.....Colin Powell :lol:

Ron Paul goes independent and he doesn't get in any debates and will have an uphill battle to get on each and every ballot. He's not a billionaire like Ross Perot.

"Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote, that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual--or at least that he ought not so to do; but that he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country. "

Samuel Adams, The Writings of Samuel Adams, Harry Alonzo Cushing, editor (New York: G.P. Putnam's Sons, 1907), Vol. IV, p. 256.

Campaigning for office is not about being perfect or having X amount of money. Campaigning for office is about giving your all to the Constitution, and then your constituents.

You are talking like a helpless victim. If you want to run for office, run. Money is not everything. So what if you have some skeletons. What matters, is what you are doing today. If you aren't the same man you were then, why allow yourself to be chained to the past?

I agree with a lot of your posts Kevin. But with all due respect, you have some "stinkin thinkin" you need to get rid of in that post and in your heart.

Me, I want to run, but i have too shady of a personal background for that to ever happen. Plus I only make a 5 figure income so there is no way I could afford it.

So a realistic option....hmmm....to run against the Prez....damn thats a good question.

Ummmm......Ron Paul would be great but i dont think he can win unless he gets rid of his party designation and goes independant.

Wow....i really dont know.....Colin Powell :lol:

Ron Paul goes independent and he doesn't get in any debates and will have an uphill battle to get on each and every ballot. He's not a billionaire like Ross Perot.

"Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote, that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual--or at least that he ought not so to do; but that he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country. "

Samuel Adams, The Writings of Samuel Adams, Harry Alonzo Cushing, editor (New York: G.P. Putnam's Sons, 1907), Vol. IV, p. 256.

Campaigning for office is not about being perfect or having X amount of money. Campaigning for office is about giving your all to the Constitution, and then your constituents.

You are talking like a helpless victim. If you want to run for office, run. Money is not everything. So what if you have some skeletons. What matters, is what you are doing today. If you aren't the same man you were then, why allow yourself to be chained to the past?

I agree with a lot of your posts Kevin. But with all due respect, you have some "stinkin thinkin" you need to get rid of in that post and in your heart.

What in the world are you talking about? Someone said that Ron Paul should go independent and I gave some reasons why he shouldn't, and everything I said was true. Would Ron Paul have had the impact he did if he wasn't in the Republican debates? I doubt it. He wouldn't have had a venue to give his ideas. Another reason why he should stay in the Republican Party is that he believes in the position of what is known as the "Old Right." Prominent Republicans such as Senator Robert Taft and Barry Goldwater were part of the Old Right. That's where Ron Paul wants to see the party go, rather than becoming Democratic Party-Lite.

Who would i like to see run against barry soetoro??? Any phucking usa citizen will do!!!

What in the world are you talking about? Someone said that Ron Paul should go independent and I gave some reasons why he shouldn't, and everything I said was true. Would Ron Paul have had the impact he did if he wasn't in the Republican debates? I doubt it. He wouldn't have had a venue to give his ideas. Another reason why he should stay in the Republican Party is that he believes in the position of what is known as the "Old Right." Prominent Republicans such as Senator Robert Taft and Barry Goldwater were part of the Old Right. That's where Ron Paul wants to see the party go, rather than becoming Democratic Party-Lite.

I confused your post with Pilgrims that is quoted in your reply.

I confused your post with Pilgrims that is quoted in your reply.

Ahhh, I got ya.

Well, you will have the evangelicals down on Mitt from the git-go. And then there are the farout wingnuts that believe anyone that is not for going to war with 3/4 of the world is not fit to run as a Republican. Mitt is a good man, but I doubt that the Rushpublican's will allow him to have a chance.

Forum List

Back