Who Will Replace McCarthy as Speaker?

It looks like the GOP clown show has 45 days to get their act together or they'll be a government shutdown.

That's when the shit show will really start!
Richard

Maga fuckups can’t even organize a good shit show. They can’t wait to shutdown the government in support of pootin and xenophobic border control.

They’re taking a week off and the half-assed shitshow starts in a week.

WASHINGTON, Oct 1 (Reuters) - Top U.S. House Republican Kevin McCarthy said on Sunday he expected to survive a threat to his speakership after a hardline critic within his party called for his ouster following the passage of a stopgap government funding bill that drew more support from Democrats than Republicans.

Hardline Republican Representative Matt Gaetz told multiple U.S. media outlets he would file a "motion to vacate," a call for a vote to remove McCarthy as speaker, testing McCarthy's support in the House of Representatives, which his party controls by a narrow 221-212 margin.

Assuming that the Dems don't adopt him, that is.

Gaetz plans to move quickly to oust him.

Gaetz is one of a group of about two dozen hardliners who forced McCarthy to endure a withering 15 rounds of voting in January before he was elected speaker, during which they squeezed out concessions, including a rule change to allow any one House member to call for a vote to oust the speaker.

It was not clear how much support McCarthy would have in such a vote, or whether any Democrats would back him. McCarthy angered Democrats last month by launching an impeachment inquiry of President Joe Biden.

"If at this time next week Kevin McCarthy is still speaker of the House, it will be because Democrats bailed him out," Gaetz said in an interview on ABC. "I am relentless and I will continue to pursue this objective."

McCarthy stunned Washington on Saturday when he backed a bill to fund the government through Nov. 17, averting a partial shutdown but not imposing any of the spending cuts or changes to border security that his hardline colleagues had called for.

That part in red may be the nail in McCarthy's coffin as far as being speaker. So, who will it be?

Obviously, there is no need to select the next speaker before voting to vacate the chair. I say "obviously," but apparent some who are old enough to know better think that is a requirement. Once KM is gone, that fight will start. I see three ways to go, with shades in between:

1) The RINO's put up one of their own and the Freedom Caucus fights them, this time being very leery to accept promises.

2) The Freedom Caucus puts up one of their own and the RINO opposition keeps them from going anywhere.

3) The non-RINO's/non-Freedom Republicans put up one and both of the ends of the spectrum negotiate for their votes.

Who are the NR/NF's? I would say those among the 90 Republicans who voted no on the CR, but are not members of the FC. That is 45 NR/NF's.

It will be an interesting week, and I don't think that we will have a new Speaker anytime soon. I don't know what the procedure is when there is no Speaker in a situation like that. The articles I can find warn of dire consequences, and a House that cannot function. But that was when the issue was no Speaker in January following the 2022 turnover of the House.

The most senior member of the House is a Republican named Hal Rogers, known as the "Dean of the House." As the House operates on seniority for so much of its business, maybe he would be followed if he stepped up as acting Speaker.
javsc6nsgohrs6dljo4j07v45.jpg

Michael Franzese, he knows how to keep the Rinos in line

It looks like the GOP clown show has 45 days to get their act together or they'll be a government shutdown.

That's when the shit show will really start!
Yeah?

What will happen during the shutdown that will be so bad? Worried about that mule tour guide guy again?

Yeah?

What will happen during the shutdown that will be so bad? Worried about that mule tour guide guy again?

You're obviously an idiot that has no idea of what government is or does.

A government shutdown is extremely bad for millions of Americans, and a long shutdown will be a disaster.

Of course, you buddy Putin will love it.

You're obviously an idiot that has no idea of what government is or does.

A government shutdown is extremely bad for millions of Americans, and a long shutdown will be a disaster.

Of course, you buddy Putin will love it.
Oh, wow. I didn't know.

Examples of how it will be extremely bad for millions for Americans?

Oh, wow. I didn't know.

Examples of how it will be extremely bad for millions for Americans?

The U.S. government has over 2 million direct employees. Additionally, since most of the work done for the government is done thru contractors, there are many more millions of people who work for those contractors that will be affected by a shutdown.

The U.S. government has over 2 million direct employees. Additionally, since most of the work done for the government is done thru contractors, there are many more millions of people who work for those contractors that will be affected by a shutdown.
So, they will not simply be given days off, and then paid "backpay" for no work as in all of the other "shutdowns?"

So, they will not simply be given days off, and then paid "backpay" for no work as in all of the other "shutdowns?"

People who work directly for the government will eventually get back pay, but if the shutdown lasts long enough that may become tenuous.

People who work for Federal Contractors are most likely going to never get any back pay. It depends on their employment contracts.

People who work directly for the government will eventually get back pay, but if the shutdown lasts long enough that may become tenuous.
But, in every case so far, they have gotten "back pay," so I'm not so concerned about that. With their high pay relative to what their skill set would bring on the open market, and privilege to "work from home," so that they can work simultaneous jobs as customer service reps, webcam performers, medical billing, and other work at home jobs, they should have had plenty of savings to live on until the back pay inevitably comes.
People who work for Federal Contractors are most likely going to never get any back pay. It depends on their employment contracts.
They will permanently lose their jobs if Democrats are allowed to borrow, print, and spend until our economy collapses. But if you and other are so concerned about them, surely there have been many social media funds set up to help tide them over?

But, in every case so far, they have gotten "back pay," so I'm not so concerned about that. With their high pay relative to what their skill set would bring on the open market, and privilege to "work from home," so that they can work simultaneous jobs as customer service reps, webcam performers, medical billing, and other work at home jobs, they should have had plenty of savings to live on until the back pay inevitably comes.

They will permanently lose their jobs if Democrats are allowed to borrow, print, and spend until our economy collapses. But if you and other are so concerned about them, surely there have been many social media funds set up to help tide them over?
Wow, you live in a delusional fantasy!

Federal Employees get much lower pay than people with equivalent skills in the private sector. They usually get good benefits and job security, but low pay. Some may work from home, which really isn't a privilege since they, like everyone who works from home is still responsible for their assigned work.

It's easy to tell that you've never held a job in your life since you think it's easy to get odd jobs when your regular job isn't paying. Who's going to hire them knowing that they're going to leave as soon as their regular job reopens?

It's incredible that on one hand you think that the Democrats will run them out of their jobs, when it's the Republicans that want to shut down the government. Do you ever think before you post?

I pay taxes to pay for the salaries of these people. I shouldn't have to make additional contributions to pay them if the Republicans shut down the government.

You sound like Henny Penny with your gloom and doom predictions of economic collapse due to Democrat's fiscal policies. I'll bet you never complain when Republicans run up the Federal Debt!

1. Gaetz is just an attention whoring moron

2. Just elect Scalise or Jordan, doesn't matter which one, because the putzes aren't going to like any of them anyway.

3. The Finnish Ambassador is more qualified than any Congressman'; elect him. He would just kick Gaetz's and the other ass clowns' asses for being infantile buttholes.

0ba6efa3-1c46-1474-d3aa-593b9e99ea99

There's probably enough money in the House budget for a cattle prod and a bat.

Last edited:
Does anyone else find it odd that members of the House thinking about running for Speaker are calling a former president asking for his blessing?

I find it odd as I cannot think of any other time in history this has happened.
Then the word you're looking for is "unprecedented."

It is hardly odd to seek the endorsement of Trump, whose endorsements have such a good track record for winning races. According to NBC News, Trump endorsed House candidates in 2022 won 199 races and lost 34.

Can you?

The Repubs that will actually be voting for them.
I did not realize that your claim is that those who ask Trump's endorsement do not ask Repubs to vote for them. How do you support that claim?

Forum List

Back