Zone1 Who was responsible for slavery.

I doubt Lewis Hayden looked like Anthony Johnson. Beforee I annihilate the OP.

When the discussion is reparations, we can leave slavery out of the debate and still demand trillions of dollars from city, county, state, and federal governments for policies that have denied or continues to deny equal protection as defined by American law.

Citigroup did a study focusing on U.S. GDP from 2000 until 2020. The study determined that since the year 2000, continuing discriminatory practices against blacks resulted in a loss of 16 trillion dollars in GDP.

“Closing the Black racial wage gap 20 years ago might have provided an additional $2.7 trillion in income available for consumption and investment.

Improving access to housing credit might have added an additional 770,000 Black homeowners over the last 20 years, with combined sales and expenditures adding another $218 billion to GDP over that time.

Facilitating increased access to higher education (college, graduate,and vocational schools) for Black students might have bolstered lifetime incomes that in aggregate sums to $90 to $113 billion.

Providing fair and equitable lending to Black entrepreneurs might have resulted in the creation of an additional $13 trillion in business revenue over the last 20 years. This could have been used for investments in labor,technology, capital equipment, and structures and 6.1 million jobs might have been created per year.”

What's laughable is the cognitive dissonance coming from people such as the OP who dishonestly stay stuck on slavery in trying to talk about reparations.

You destroy me? That's a laugh. The only way you could win a debate with me is if they banned me first. But being at a forum where such a debate wouldn't be allowed to begin with is a big help.

Hasn't just about everything been discussed before? If you look at it as you do, I'm surprised that you didn't just label the whole point as "spam" and ban me.
And why would I do that?

Everyone who posts here should have a voice, as long as they post within the rules and guidelines.

Trying to stifle your right to your opinion because of my own opinion would be wrong.

My own comment was purely from the POV as a POSTER who has been here a long time, and seen this drill numerous times before.

Carry on with your topic, I have no other comment👍

You only got part of that right. It is the slavers, those who actually captured the slaves and sold them who are responsible for slavery. And as I said in my thread, legal precedent was set where on appeal Anthony Johnson was given the right to take back and outright own John Castor. Before then, I don't think that actually owning another person was legal. Except for of course temporally as an indentured servant. That is under English law.
But the buyers are innocent?
Please.
Peddle that somewhere else.

I doubt Lewis Hayden looked like Anthony Johnson. Beforee I annihilate the OP.

When the discussion is reparations, we can leave slavery out of the debate and still demand trillions of dollars from city, county, state, and federal governments for policies that have denied or continues to deny equal protection as defined by American law.

Citigroup did a study focusing on U.S. GDP from 2000 until 2020. The study determined that since the year 2000, continuing discriminatory practices against blacks resulted in a loss of 16 trillion dollars in GDP.

“Closing the Black racial wage gap 20 years ago might have provided an additional $2.7 trillion in income available for consumption and investment.

Improving access to housing credit might have added an additional 770,000 Black homeowners over the last 20 years, with combined sales and expenditures adding another $218 billion to GDP over that time.

Facilitating increased access to higher education (college, graduate,and vocational schools) for Black students might have bolstered lifetime incomes that in aggregate sums to $90 to $113 billion.

Providing fair and equitable lending to Black entrepreneurs might have resulted in the creation of an additional $13 trillion in business revenue over the last 20 years. This could have been used for investments in labor,technology, capital equipment, and structures and 6.1 million jobs might have been created per year.”

What's laughable is the cognitive dissonance coming from people such as the OP who dishonestly stay stuck on slavery in trying to talk about reparations.
Nobody cares about your outcomes. You earned them.

The entire spiel about blaming white people for the condition of blacks in the US is bunk. Even black immigrants who come here do better than American blacks. They come here with very little, they often have no support system and are not as familiar with the culture. Yet, they out perform American blacks. How does that work in a racist country where whites have all the advantages? Those immigrant blacks haven’t yet been poisoned by African-American culture.

A79D22C6-D328-466E-9072-5E0FDAB3B3D6.jpeg

Chapter 1: Statistical Portrait of the U.S. Black Immigrant Population

Was he evil and wrong? As I said, he appealed the first court ruling and won the case. I wonder how the courts worked back in 1655. Did lawyers present their points of view or did the actual people involved do so. If the people involved did so, Anthony Johnson must have presented a pretty convincing argument as to why he should be given ownership of his one time indentured servant John Carter. Because, as I said, he won the appeals case. Not that it really means a lot. Because if courts were back then like they are today, if you have the money, the "law" is more likely to turn out in your favor. Even still, I would bet that the argument Anthony Carter put forward would be interesting to hear. Next, as to your "now what," too bad that you are a slave too. Otherwise discussing the matter would be allowed here.
Slavery was acceptable back then. It was wrong, and evil, but society hadn't advanced enough to knw that. Lots of things were seen as normal back then that are not acceptable today.

But the buyers are innocent?
Please.
Peddle that somewhere else.

The buyers aren't as guilty as the sellers. If the sellers didn't sell, the buyers couldn't buy. It is like dealing drugs. Who commits the biggest crime. Those who sell the drugs or those who take them.

Slavery was acceptable back then. It was wrong, and evil, but society hadn't advanced enough to knw that. Lots of things were seen as normal back then that are not acceptable today.

Well as far as I know, slavery wasn't legal in the Colonies until the outcome of the appeal brought up by Anthony Johnson. Indentured servitude was legal. But to outright own another person forever wasn't.

The buyers aren't as guilty as the sellers. If the sellers didn't sell, the buyers couldn't buy. It is like dealing drugs. Who commits the biggest crime. Those who sell the drugs or those who take them.
Uh huh.
Who commits the biggest crime:
The person selling the 10 year old into prostitution
or
The person looking for a 10 year old to rape?

Geez.
Relative guilt between the guy who sold the slave and the guy who raped her and beat her to death.

I'm thinking you need some soul searching
Presuming, of course, there's still for which one to search.

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
Nobody cares about your outcomes. You earned them.

The entire spiel about blaming white people for the condition of blacks in the US is bunk. Even black immigrants who come here do better than American blacks. They come here with very little, they often have no support system and are not as familiar with the culture. Yet, they out perform American blacks. How does that work in a racist country where whites have all the advantages? Those immigrant blacks haven’t yet been poisoned by African-American culture.

View attachment 894475
Chapter 1: Statistical Portrait of the U.S. Black Immigrant Population
On another thread, one of the blactivists admitted that they want to have dedicated black history courses so children understand how “evil” whites were. That sure sounds like Step 1 on the path to indoctrinating kids that today‘s blacks deserve reparations.

I’m more concerned with the current slavery going on, via the Southern border invasion. The sex slaves are young girls. We should be concerned about THAT, not trying to teach kids to hate whites.

The human condition on all the continents favored slavery for millennia.

My people thought Mexican women made the best slaves.

Whites were whiners always.

American indigenous peoples knew that rule and odds changed all the time, so wait it out the best one can.

You cannot discuss racism without that one white person telling you how Africans enslaved and sold other Africans. This claim is supposed to absolve whites of their role in the slave trade or somehow equally implicate blacks. This is at best, a disingenuous claim. Blacks have not been perfect and African nations had conflicts just like every other nation or tribe on this planet during the history of the world. Many European cultures killed those who they captured in wars. Most African tribes enslaved prisoners of war.

Slavery was used to pay off debt. Slavery was also a punishment for criminal behavior. There were sex slaves also. None of these things are right, but neither is the Africans sold other Africans’ argument. The Trans Saharan slave trade existed, but going back to the Pre histoorric times to find an excuse to say that other nations did it too or how slavery has been practiced since the beginning of time is weak. While it is true that slavery existed in Africa before Europeans got there, the lie ignores the fact that whites made slavery legal in America.

But let get past this because this fool tried the Anthony Johnson story.

America had every chance not to implement slavery. We are told how the so-called founders of this country created the way to end slavery when they wrote the constitution. Many will cite the fact they made the importation of slaves illegal by 1808 as evidence. But refusing to stop importing slaves did not end the slaving business in the United States. What it produced was an original American industry-slave breeding.

“During the fifty-three years from the prohibition of the African slave trade by federal law in 1808 to the debacle of the Confederate States of America in 1861, the Southern economy depended on the functioning of a slave-breeding industry, of which Virginia was the number-one supplier.”

Ned & Constance Sublette, The American Slave Coast: A History of the Slave-Breeding Industry, Chicago, Lawrence Hill Books, 2016

If America had continued to import slaves, it would have diluted the market, thereby driving down the price of slaves. Slave sellers could not have this.

“In fact, most American slaves were not kidnapped on another continent. Though over 12.7 million Africans were forced onto ships to the Western hemisphere, estimates only have 400,000-500,000 landing in present-day America. How then to account for the four million black slaves who were tilling fields in 1860? “The South,” the Sublettes write, “did not only produce tobacco, rice, sugar, and cotton as commodities for sale; it produced people.” Slavers called slave-breeding “natural increase,” but there was nothing natural about producing slaves; it took scientific management. Thomas Jefferson bragged to George Washington that the birth of black children was increasing Virginia’s capital stock by four percent annually.”

Ned & Constance Sublette, The American Slave Coast: A History of the Slave-Breeding Industry, Chicago, Lawrence Hill Books, 2016

“According to database-backed estimates by David Eltis and David Richardson, only about 389,000 kidnapped Africans were disembarked in the ports of the present-day United States, the majority of them before independence.” “By 1860, those few hundred thousand Africans had given way to four million African Americans.”

Ned & Constance Sublette, The American Slave Coast: A History of the Slave -Breeding Industry

According to this information , 389,000 slaves landed on the shores of what is now America. By 1860, there were four million slaves living here. The importation of slaves was made illegal in 1808. So from 1808 until 1860, the number of slaves increased by at least one thousand percent. If we allow for the Africans selling each other, Africans would be responsible for approximately 389 thousand slaves. What about the 3.1-4 million additional slaves? Africans did not create them.

The white controlled slave breeding "industry" IN AMERICA created 10 times more blacks than the number that came from Africans who "sold other Africans".

The narrative of the African running up to whites on the African coast yelling, “We got slaves for sale,” is untrue. Europeans decided to invade Africa and purchase African war captives. I have not been able to find research whereby Africans loaded up slave vessels that landed in Europe to sell slaves. I see no record of any west African shipping company that sailed the Atlantic, dropping off slaves in South America, the Caribbean, and then America.

The question is who is responsible for slavery? In America it was the government. The same government that is responsible for 100 years of Jim Crow after slavery.

You cannot discuss racism without that one white person telling you how Africans enslaved and sold other Africans. This claim is supposed to absolve whites of their role in the slave trade or somehow equally implicate blacks. This is at best, a disingenuous claim. Blacks have not been perfect and African nations had conflicts just like every other nation or tribe on this planet during the history of the world. Many European cultures killed those who they captured in wars. Most African tribes enslaved prisoners of war.

Slavery was used to pay off debt. Slavery was also a punishment for criminal behavior. There were sex slaves also. None of these things are right, but neither is the Africans sold other Africans’ argument. The Trans Saharan slave trade existed, but going back to the Pre histoorric times to find an excuse to say that other nations did it too or how slavery has been practiced since the beginning of time is weak. While it is true that slavery existed in Africa before Europeans got there, the lie ignores the fact that whites made slavery legal in America.

But let get past this because this fool tried the Anthony Johnson story.

America had every chance not to implement slavery. We are told how the so-called founders of this country created the way to end slavery when they wrote the constitution. Many will cite the fact they made the importation of slaves illegal by 1808 as evidence. But refusing to stop importing slaves did not end the slaving business in the United States. What it produced was an original American industry-slave breeding.

“During the fifty-three years from the prohibition of the African slave trade by federal law in 1808 to the debacle of the Confederate States of America in 1861, the Southern economy depended on the functioning of a slave-breeding industry, of which Virginia was the number-one supplier.”

If America had continued to import slaves, it would have diluted the market, thereby driving down the price of slaves. Slave sellers could not have this.

“In fact, most American slaves were not kidnapped on another continent. Though over 12.7 million Africans were forced onto ships to the Western hemisphere, estimates only have 400,000-500,000 landing in present-day America. How then to account for the four million black slaves who were tilling fields in 1860? “The South,” the Sublettes write, “did not only produce tobacco, rice, sugar, and cotton as commodities for sale; it produced people.” Slavers called slave-breeding “natural increase,” but there was nothing natural about producing slaves; it took scientific management. Thomas Jefferson bragged to George Washington that the birth of black children was increasing Virginia’s capital stock by four percent annually.”

“According to database-backed estimates by David Eltis and David Richardson, only about 389,000 kidnapped Africans were disembarked in the ports of the present-day United States, the majority of them before independence.” “By 1860, those few hundred thousand Africans had given way to four million African Americans.”

Ned & Constance Sublette, The American Slave Coast: A History of the Slave -Breeding Industry

According to this information , 389,000 slaves landed on the shores of what is now America. By 1860, there were four million slaves living here. The importation of slaves was made illegal in 1808. So from 1808 until 1860, the number of slaves increased by at least one thousand percent. If we allow for the Africans selling each other, Africans would be responsible for approximately 389 thousand slaves. What about the 3.1-4 million additional slaves? Africans did not create them.

The white controlled slave breeding "industry" IN AMERICA created 10 times more blacks than the number that came from Africans who "sold other Africans".

The narrative of the African running up to whites on the African coast yelling, “We got slaves for sale,” is untrue. Europeans decided to invade Africa and purchase African war captives. I have not been able to find research whereby Africans loaded up slave vessels that landed in Europe to sell slaves. I see no record of any west African shipping company that sailed the Atlantic, dropping off slaves in South America, the Caribbean, and then America.

The question is who is responsible for slavery? In America it was the government. The same government that is responsible for 100 years of Jim Crow after slavery.
Wrong. It’s not one white person pointing it out. It’s often several. Sometimes black people even acknowledge it.

And it’s not absolution.

But it should be acknowledged when the “question” about ancient historical wrongs get “asked” so disingenuously by racists being racist. You know who I’m referring to there.

Can you post the link to where you got it from? According to most accounts, Johnson lived until 1670, prior to the invention of photography in 1822.
It’s probably fake then. I did find this article on him though.

Alright then. How is the US government responsible for slavery in America considering that slavery existed in America before the US government was ever formed? Remember the 1619 crap? Well, there you go, slavery in the Americas 150 years before the declaration of Independence was even penned.

Give credit where credit is due. Native Americans first established the practice of slavery in the Americas.

Wrong. It’s not one white person pointing it out. It’s often several. Sometimes black people even acknowledge it.

And it’s not absolution.

But it should be acknowledged when the “question” about ancient historical wrongs get “asked” so disingenuously by racists being racist. You know who I’m referring to there.
It does not excuse North American chattel slavery in the slightest.

Forum List

Back