Zone1 Holocaust Memorial Day

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
Not sure where to put this, but it seems fitting on a forum dedicated to the topic of bigotry….

On this somber day, I light figurative candles for those murdered by the Nazis: on my father‘s side, my great-grandmother, great-aunt, great-uncle, and their four children; and on my mother’s side, my great-uncle, great-aunt, and their seven children. I also light for my step-greatgrandfather, who survived unspeakable torture and whom I met.

May they RIP, along with other relatives I have not mentioned, and all of the other 6 million Jews, and all of the others non-Jewish but deemed unworthy of life as well.

Those of you who have words of respect to share, please do. All non-respectful posts will be reported.

Not sure where to put this, but it seems fitting on a forum dedicated to the topic of bigotry….

On this somber day, I light figurative candles for those murdered by the Nazis: on my father‘s side, my great-grandmother, great-aunt, great-uncle, and their four children; and on my mother’s side, my great-uncle, great-aunt, and their seven children. I also light for my step-greatgrandfather, who survived unspeakable torture and whom I met.

May they RIP, along with other relatives I have not mentioned, and all of the other 6 million Jews, and all of the others non-Jewish but deemed unworthy of life as well.

Those of you who have words of respect to share, please do. All non-respectful posts will be reported.

Thank you for reminding me of something I never knew.

Thank you also for teaching me so much about your faith.

You don’t. You don’t say Happy Pearl Harbor Day.

It‘s just a day to memoralize the dead, and to NEVER FORGET.

It's different if you know and respect someone. My late Japanese husband had a very dear Caucasian friend and every December 7th, one of them would call the other and holler "Tora, Tora, Tora". Might be the only day of the year they got in contact, but it was their friendly, respectful tradition. They both cherished it.

Forum List

Back