Who Remembers?

92ed49f0.jpg
Those Sting Rays were cool except if you fell off wrong that shifter impaled your balls
16 inch wheels, banana seat and butterfly handle bars! None of my friends were rich enough to afford the three speed, or was it a five speed. My bike was a Huffy, not a Schwinn. But it was that color gold and festooned with spare decals from Revel airplane models of World War II.

It isn't distorted. It is simply which way you prefer to live life.Wallowing in grief/pain forever, is unhealthy for the soul. And you must, sadly, because you prefer to interrupt others pleasure, which in no way effects you, to try to spread your own pain.
There always has to be one sick cookie and spoil sport. You just won the prize.
But, I also remember:
Iron_Lung_Photo_cropped_small.jpg

Kids with polio who spent most of their lives in an iron lung

And who could ever forget those happy days, at least for some of us.
June-20-1943-White-People-taking-picture-with-beaten-African-American.jpg

A-small-coloured-dining-room-this-shows-that-the-African-Americans-were-given-worse-facilities-than-white-Americans.jpg

manhattan%20smog.jpg

And those fun days strolling around the city.

View attachment 108512
Child watching a depiction of a full scale nuclear attack.

Women%2Band%2BCigarettes%2C%2Bca.%2B1950s%2B(1).jpg

And of Course Smoking was the cool thing to do.

00724485.jpg

Remember those exciting war movies. Well, it wasn't like that, not at all.
The mind tends to block out the bad memories, leaving us with a rather distorted view of the past. There is nothing wrong with that as long as we understand the mind is playing tricks on us by creating a fantasy.

It's fun to reminisce about the past but we also need a clear vision of the past so we can appreciate all the good things we have today to achieve a balance between all bad things.

As a kid, I didn't know what to think of that. on one hand I just sat and watched but on the other, I wondered why they are showing a man on tv playing with a rubber mouse?

As a kid, I didn't know what to think of that. on one hand I just sat and watched but on the other, I wondered why they are showing a man on tv playing with a rubber mouse?
That little obsequious mouse mincing and fawning all over Ed Sullivan sent me into diabetic coma every time I saw him. Too sweet, too creepy!

I liked the plate spinners better than Senor Wences. I always thought Senor Wences was just gettin' over on us. Lipstick on a hand was something my baby brother could do.

There always has to be one sick cookie and spoil sport. You just won the prize.
But, I also remember:
Iron_Lung_Photo_cropped_small.jpg

Kids with polio who spent most of their lives in an iron lung

And who could ever forget those happy days, at least for some of us.
June-20-1943-White-People-taking-picture-with-beaten-African-American.jpg

A-small-coloured-dining-room-this-shows-that-the-African-Americans-were-given-worse-facilities-than-white-Americans.jpg

manhattan%20smog.jpg

And those fun days strolling around the city.

View attachment 108512
Child watching a depiction of a full scale nuclear attack.

Women%2Band%2BCigarettes%2C%2Bca.%2B1950s%2B(1).jpg

And of Course Smoking was the cool thing to do.

00724485.jpg

Remember those exciting war movies. Well, it wasn't like that, not at all.
The mind tends to block out the bad memories, leaving us with a rather distorted view of the past. There is nothing wrong with that as long as we understand the mind is playing tricks on us by creating a fantasy.

It's fun to reminisce about the past but we also need a clear vision of the past so we can appreciate all the good things we have today to achieve a balance between all bad things.
And some people are simply anal retentive assholes. :thup:

Forum List

Back