For truckers driving EVs, there’s no going back

How many nuclear and coal fired power plants are we going to have to build to keep all those 18 wheelers all charge up?

The democrats won’t build them……

the goal isn’t to have cheap, efficient, reliable transportation…..

the democrat party goal is to limit car ownership to reduce freedom of choice and freedom of movement of Americans…..

They know we don’t have enough energy for these cars….they know that the cost of electric cars will keep people from being able to afford them….

The democrats want people on buses and trains, not moving freely in their own cars…

They know we don’t have enough energy for these cars….they know that the cost of electric cars will keep people from being able to afford them….
It is like those Moon Bat idiots don't give a crap about anything.

They don't know that truckers make their money on time and just imagine how long it will take to charge up those stupid batteries.

Or how the batteries will lose significant range in the winter time when it is cold.

It will be a nightmare.

These Moon Bats don't understand reality of just about anything. They live in La La Land.

I'm wondering how many horsepower and torque these ev trucks have. Can't be as much as diesel.

Potato chips don't weigh anything. They also are always on pavement.
But a load of corn, soybeans, or logs coming out of a field are heavy...they require a LOT of power to move.

There's a lot of short haul dealing with agricultural products. But most local drivers make more than one load per day. Depending on distance it can be as much 5-12 trips a day...all full loads. (>30,000 lbs)

Then there's construction. Rock, sand, gravel, concrete, steel and glass....all require short haul. Construction sites are also not pavement and most inner city sites have deep and steep climbs for trucks hauling out blasted rock.

Cranes run on diesel too....hybrid electric mostly.

Why they went all EV instead of a reasonable goal of Hybrid vehicles is beyond me. We could have had drive-by-wire trucks snatched up as fast as they could be produced and running with current technology. Cut fuel consumption in HALF. The initial outlay for these trucks would have been only modestly more but the increased load capacity and lower fuel costs would have made up the difference in short order. But a truck that is all electric, unproven, and costs 3-4 times what a new tractor does? NOT HAPPENING

I know a paid shill and probably a foreigner when I see one. You post nothing but Democrat Bullshit. I have no respect for you.
Quick! Show me a post where you praise Biden.
4i6Ckte.gif

Do you pay duty on fuel at the pump? Do you pay sales tax on fossil fuels? We pay fifty odd pence per litre in duty on petrol and diesel, then vat (sales tax) is added on top of that!! The tax man here taxes tax on fossil fuel.

So where's your evidence that fossil fuels are not taxed, or is it National Retard day today. Fucking clown.

You said the subsidies for the oil industry come from fuel taxes. I said that's bullshit.

This unhinged rant doesn't change your bullshit into mulch.

I have a new YouTube challenge…..

I had less than 40 miles of gas left in my gas car…….

Pulled into a gas station, fueled, no extras…..no snacks, no car wash………pulled out of the station….

Total time…..

2:49

Over 340 miles in the tank

It isn’t a truck but you can do the same test…..

How long does it take to charge an electric car?

An electric truck?
Relevance?

Ten years ago you wingnuts said that solar would never work because it's too expensive. Now solar is used everywhere, from giant farms to people's roofs.

Ten years ago you wingnuts said that solar would never work because it's too expensive. Now solar is used everywhere, from giant farms to people's roofs.

On homes it works.....to power the entire gridi it does not work......not even close.

10 minutes is right around the corner.

But again, what's the relevance? These local delivery trucks don't need to be charged until the end of the day.

It might make you look like less of a dumbfuck if you actually read the threads.

Dumb shit.....2:49 seconds and out......you don't have to charge my car overnight to get over 350 miles of distance out of it.......

Dumb shit.....2:49 seconds and out......you don't have to charge my car overnight to get over 350 miles of distance out of it.......
Who cares? You fuckwits are always moving the goalposts whenever you get your ass handed to you.

Forum List

Back