Who is to Blame for the Government Shutdown?

Who is refusing to negotiate?

• Donald Trump

• Nancy Pelosi

Results are only viewable after voting.

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Donald Trump wants a wall. Nancy Pelosi doesn't want to give him one. Is this a sincere policy difference or just political gamesmanship?

.>

#1 Peolsi wasn't even speaker when the shutdown started, Ryan was and Republicans controlled all three branches of government. The Senate had already passed funding in December with bipartisan support.

#2 Trump is holding 1.3 million people and families dependent on their federal jobs (employee and contractor) hostage.

The people spoke in November putting the Dems in charge of the House and one reason was as a backstop to prevent Trump's "Mission Accomplished" wall.

We may very well need some more walls. But that should be based on analysis and not retoric.

.>>>>

Last edited:
Democrats own 100% of the government shutdown.
Thats not what Drumpf claimed.

Then Dem's refused to even discuss border security and took ownership of the shutdown, try to keep up.
Show me the quote where Dems took ownership of the shut down.....if you can. :rolleyes:

Hell show me a quote when Dem's took ownership of any of their messes.
So you dont have a quote to support your lie but you think a deflection constitutes proof? :rolleyes:

“Yes, if we don’t get what we want one way or the other, whether it’s through you, through military, through anything you want to call—I will shut down the government. I am proud to shut down the government. I will take the mantle.
-Drumpf

Last edited:
Donald Trump wants a wall. Nancy Pelosi doesn't want to give him one. Is this a sincere policy difference or just political gamesmanship?

I cannot vote because you do not have an "all of the above".

Both sides are playing a stupid game with the lives of 800,000 people living without a paycheck.

Trump had two years of full control of both the house and the senate to work on his wall and he never pushed very hard for it...but as soon as the Dems win the House it is the only thing that matters.

The Dems will not even give in on the fence they supported for 20 years, so they too are fucking over those people.

Democrats own 100% of the government shutdown.

Then Dem's refused to even discuss border security and took ownership of the shutdown, try to keep up.
Show me the quote where Dems took ownership of the shut down.....if you can. :rolleyes:

So you dont have a quote to support your lie but you think a deflection constitutes proof? :rolleyes:

Dem's never accept responsibility, and you want me to provide a quote showing they do, got it. :icon_rolleyes:

Dem's never accept responsibility, and you want me to provide a quote showing they do, got it. :icon_rolleyes:
Youre going to have to make up your mind. How can that be when you just claimed that the Dems took ownership? :rolleyes:

Right now it is Mitch who is stopping the Senate from voting on the same bill it passed in December. Remember when He had a deal? Well before Faux News whispered sweet nothings into Trumpybear's ear.

Right now it is Mitch who is stopping the Senate from voting on the same bill it passed in December. Remember when He had a deal? Well before Faux News whispered sweet nothings into Trumpybear's ear.
Well he is only doing that because Drumpf told him to do so. Basically he is letting Drumpf control what congress brings to a vote. More proof Drumpf owns this.

Youre going to have to make up your mind. How can that be when you just claimed that the Dems took ownership? :rolleyes:

Dem's took ownership of the shutdown whether they acknowledge ownership or not. Hell Pelosi was about to flee the country for a taxpayer funded multi country vacation.

Dem's took ownership of the shutdown whether they acknowledge ownership or not. Hell Pelosi was about to flee the country for a taxpayer funded multi country vacation.
Show us where they took ownership of the shutdown. All news says they are rightfully blaming Drumpf. :rolleyes:

There are times when one side wants to do something that the other side has legitimate beef with, I get that. Sometimes it's a policy or action that contradicts your opinions on what the right thing to do is, or your constituents definitely do not want you to vote for, or against, and I got no problem with any elected rep or senator who votes a certain way for those reasons.

BUT - when I see that your party voted for something a scant decade ago and now you're voting against it, well that does raise a few questions. When I see your side calling the issue ineffective and immoral, and then I see that the requested action is indeed effective wherever it has been built, and that other nations have built or are currently in the process of doing the same action (building a wall), then it's hard to see a legitimate reason for not compromising. That's what these guys are there for, to work out deals: I get this and you get that. Not this shit where you get nothing at all, even though I wanted the same thing and voted for it myself until you came along. That is political bullshit, and I'm God-awful tired of it.

And frankly, I think as time goes on the Dems are going to get more and more blame for not making a deal, and I don't care who said what back in December.

Mitch has handed leadership of the Senate to Trump. He will not vote on any bill that Trump has not given his prior approval on. Mitch has basically made the Senate unnecessary as they are just a middle man between the House and Trump.

quotes:

“I will be the one to shut it down. I’m not going to blame you for it.”

"I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively," Trump said, announcing his candidacy on June 16, 2015. "I will build a great, great wall on our southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall."

And building the wall would be easy. “I’m a builder,” Mr. Trump said. The construction would not be as complicated as building a 95-story high-rise. “And I would have Mexico pay for it,” he said. “Believe me.”

Once A Fence, Later Slats, Almost Always A Wall: Trump's Border Wall Contradictions

Forum List

Back