Who is Oppressed: Muslim women with Hijab or Western Society Women?

I don't see how someone can be against sharia and claim that they are a Muslim.

That would be like a Christian saying they are against the 10 Commandments.

It just doesn't work that way.

So obviously these friends of yours are not really Muslims.

Their country : their laws

It's really none of our business what they do. :doubt:

Wrong.

I will have to agree that we wrote Somalia out of the Will when they dragged our soldiers' bodies through the streets during the Battle of Mogadishu. On one hand, I really don't give a chit if they all kill each other off. But I do care about women's issues and justice. Or should I say children's issues, as a 13 year old is but a child.

However, any country that we are sending money and soldiers to for their protection is our business.

You know Sunni, you really need to go back and read the things you have written. You come across about as slimey as any internet denizen I have ever encountered. You try to justify killing a 13 year old rape victim. And when you can't you say 'their country their laws.' I have difficulty finding words to describe how disgusting your message board tacts are.

Last edited:
Istanbul has one of the best fashion weeks EVAH.

I love my muslim moderates because they rock. When the maniacs aren't in charge, I think most folks would look at muslim neighbors as totally awesome and cool.

But it's always the maniacs that get the headlines. Pity.

We had a couple of muslims from the US on the Egypt trip. One wore traditional garb while she was there. The other just wore the scarf. Neither kept the hair coverd though. Scarves were allowed to fall off onto the shoulders.

I'm really from the land of where moderate muslim women just rock. I love them to death and consider them my sisters. We have fought a good fight against sharia. And we know what we are up against.

I've been anti Taliban since those bastards first formed in the mid 90's. My journey on this is really personal.

If you ever get a chance, check out on you tube "Little Mosque on the Prairie". Guaranteed you will laugh your ass off.

Yes, I agree there are many muslim women who rock. However, by submitting to that dogma, they are submitting to all the inhumanity that goes along with it. It COULD come back and bite them really bad.

Muslim reflects a religion - not a geographic region.
Western reflects a region - not a religion.

What of the Christians who conform to dress codes advocated in the Bible?
Are they repressed?

I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God. (1 Timothy 2:9-10)

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. (1 Peter 3:2-5)

Any man who prays or prophesies with something on his head disgraces his head, but any woman who prays or prophesies with her head unveiled disgraces her head--it is one and the same thing as having her head shaved. For if a woman will not veil herself, then she should cut off her hair; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or to be shaved, she should wear a veil. For a man ought not to have his head veiled, since he is the image and reflection of God; but woman is the reflection of man. (1 Corinthians 11:4-7)

Are they repressed?

I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God. (1 Timothy 2:9-10)

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. (1 Peter 3:2-5)

Any man who prays or prophesies with something on his head disgraces his head, but any woman who prays or prophesies with her head unveiled disgraces her head--it is one and the same thing as having her head shaved. For if a woman will not veil herself, then she should cut off her hair; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or to be shaved, she should wear a veil. For a man ought not to have his head veiled, since he is the image and reflection of God; but woman is the reflection of man. (1 Corinthians 11:4-7)

Ah yes. The Apostle Paul rears his skanky head again. Show me where JESUS said it!

People in the west and in America specifically always want to meddle in other countries business.

But we would go ballistic if say China or Russia tried to dictate to Americans what laws we should or shouldn't follow.

People in the west and in America specifically always want to meddle in other countries business.

But we would go ballistic if say China or Russia tried to dictate to Americans what laws we should or shouldn't follow.

If they spend our dollars, we have a say.

Answer:

Those who are oppressed. The fucking Hajib is a hallmark of that oppression, as is the fucking burka.

But the TRUE oppression comes from the fucking Qur'an, that slimey dishonest piece of illiterate and convoluted fiction.

Fuck.

Make the Arab MALES wear the hajib and burka's; and then don't let anybody wearing that shit into any civilized country.

A lot of Egyptian men wear a dress like thing over their clothing. I don't recall the name of it, though. I don't have a pic on my image host, but here is one from the web:

dress-code.jpg

Their country : their laws

It's really none of our business what they do. :doubt:

It's my world.

And when Iran hangs gays, and when Somalia stones to death a child who is a rape victim but accused of adultery by participating by being raped..........

you know what? I am a citizen of this planet. And I can denounce these actions, but I can also mobilize against actions like these in our world.

One great quote:

well I'll be your huckleberry

I'm going to fight back against children being raped, and then accused of adultery and then stoned to death.

Answer:

Those who are oppressed. The fucking Hajib is a hallmark of that oppression, as is the fucking burka.

But the TRUE oppression comes from the fucking Qur'an, that slimey dishonest piece of illiterate and convoluted fiction.

Fuck.

Make the Arab MALES wear the hajib and burka's; and then don't let anybody wearing that shit into any civilized country.

A lot of Egyptian men wear a dress like thing over their clothing. I don't recall the name of it, though. I don't have a pic on my image host, but here is one from the web:

dress-code.jpg

But it's not as suffocating as a good old fashioned burka.

Devout Muslim males must accept the WILL of ALLAH and submit to that shit as they compel their females to do:

burka_graduation.jpg

If the filthy, racist, murderous, sociopathic, scumbag pedophile Mohammed {pb&J} had directed MALE adherents of Islam to wear the veil and the burka, Islam would have died on the vine as a comic book religion LONG ago.

Are they repressed?

Ah yes. The Apostle Paul rears his skanky head again. Show me where JESUS said it!

Ah. So you pick and choose what Bible passages count. Which books of the Bible do you toss out?

Are they repressed?

Ah. So you pick and choose what Bible passages count. Which books of the Bible do you toss out?

So you claim to be a Christian but follow the hateful doctrine of the Apostle Paul rather than Jesus for whom the religion is named?

You choose to limit your study of ancient writings to a book whose contents were chosen for you by others and which is nothing more than a government publication:

The King James Bible was, and is for all practical purposes, a government publication. There were several reasons for the King James Bible being a government publication. First, King James I of England was a devout believer in the "divine right of kings," a philosophy ingrained in him by his mother, Mary Stuart. Mary Stuart may have been having an affair with her Italian secretary, David Rizzio, at the time she conceived James. There is a better than even chance that James was the product of adultery. Apparently, enough evidence of such conduct on the part of Mary Stuart and David Rizzio existed to cause various Scot nobles, including Mary's own husband, King Henry, to drag David Rizzio from Mary's supper table and execute him. The Scot nobles hacked and slashed at the screaming Rizzio with knives and swords, and then threw him off a balcony to the courtyard below where he landed with a sickening smack. In the phrase of that day, he had been scotched.

Who Was King James

Guess you still can't show me where Jesus said it!

Devout Muslim males must accept the WILL of ALLAH and submit to that shit as they compel their females to do:

burka_graduation.jpg

If the filthy, racist, murderous, sociopathic, scumbag pedophile Mohammed {pb&J} had directed MALE adherents of Islam to wear the veil and the burka, Islam would have died on the vine as a comic book religion LONG ago.

Check out the pic on Sunni's 'About Me' Page:

profilepic11674_1.gif

burka_graduation.jpg

Check out the pic on Sunni's 'About Me' Page:

profilepic11674_1.gif

Sickening.

So you claim to be a Christian but follow the hateful doctrine of the Apostle Paul rather than Jesus for whom the religion is named?

You choose to limit your study of ancient writings to a book whose contents were chosen for you by others and which is nothing more than a government publication:

The King James Bible was, and is for all practical purposes, a government publication. There were several reasons for the King James Bible being a government publication. First, King James I of England was a devout believer in the "divine right of kings," a philosophy ingrained in him by his mother, Mary Stuart. Mary Stuart may have been having an affair with her Italian secretary, David Rizzio, at the time she conceived James. There is a better than even chance that James was the product of adultery. Apparently, enough evidence of such conduct on the part of Mary Stuart and David Rizzio existed to cause various Scot nobles, including Mary's own husband, King Henry, to drag David Rizzio from Mary's supper table and execute him. The Scot nobles hacked and slashed at the screaming Rizzio with knives and swords, and then threw him off a balcony to the courtyard below where he landed with a sickening smack. In the phrase of that day, he had been scotched.

Who Was King James

Guess you still can't show me where Jesus said it!

No. I'm an agnostic gadfly. I thought that you are a Bible-thumper.

Forum List

Back