Who in the NFC do you think will knock of the Vikings?

Still probably not enough to save his soul though.

I have a sneaking suspicion that my endorsement doesn't mean a whole lot to the man upstairs. :lol:

Disclaimer: If you are retarded enough to think the Vikes will be in the SB, then this thread isn't for you. :)

I hereby GUARANTEE that the Vikings do not win the NFC this year.

The only question is who will knock them out of the playoffs this time?

Which team will shut down Peterson, forcing Favre to get ur done, which in turn will lead to him shitting the bed like he does?

Um...the Saints, Eagles, Giants and possibly the Cowboys

The Cowboys and Gints won't do it. This team was built to beat the Eagles.

The Saints vs. Vikes will be pretty good game if the season continues as it has begun. It seems to be shaping up like the '98 season with the the Falcons and the Vikes playing in the NFC Championship. After beating the snot out of each other, neither team had the stuff left to compete in the SB.

Both of these teams seem like the class of the league right now. The Colts are all Manning. That might be enough. The guy's a wizard.

After watching tonight's game, not the Giants.

They were the best team in football at one point last year. Now they just suck.

When a team comes together, it's an intangible thing. when a team falls apart, the same.

The coach has plenty to do with it and so does the front office. The Steelers have maintained a level of excellence for decades. The Giants seem to come in and out of focus. The QB, obviously, means quite a bit.

The league is now structured to reduce the chances that dynasties will maintain.

The Vikes are under new ownership and new leadership with a new philosophy and direction. Under the ownership group led by Ziggy Wilf, this organization has become a powerhouse. They recruit like a college program and administer the day to day like a well run political campaign. There is one goal. Eveyone's on board or they are gone.

A far cry from the Vikings' management since the 70's.

Ziggy is awesome.

Thus far, he is the best owner the Vikings have ever had, at least in my lifetime.

I don't know how old you are, but this reminds of the arrival of Bud Grant back in the day...

That ownership group led by Max Winter was a good one, too.

I was trying to find out who the GM of those teams was and it's not an easy find. What I did find was that Bud Grant was not hired in 1961 when they instead took Norm Van Brocklin. Later, after the 1966 season, they did hire Grant who had won 4 Grey Cups in the Canadian League.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts...

Makes me wonder what the history of the Vikes might have been if Grant was the head coach from day one.

My father played for Bud Grant in the CFL. That's one of the reasons why I'm a Vikings fan.

Actually, he CUT my father. That bastard!

I rode my bike to their games and watched Fred Cox kick "field goals" at Southdale Shopping Mall ( first mall in the US I might add )------yes I'm THAT old :lol:

When a team comes together, it's an intangible thing. when a team falls apart, the same.

The coach has plenty to do with it and so does the front office. The Steelers have maintained a level of excellence for decades. The Giants seem to come in and out of focus. The QB, obviously, means quite a bit.

The league is now structured to reduce the chances that dynasties will maintain.

The Vikes are under new ownership and new leadership with a new philosophy and direction. Under the ownership group led by Ziggy Wilf, this organization has become a powerhouse. They recruit like a college program and administer the day to day like a well run political campaign. There is one goal. Eveyone's on board or they are gone.

Red McCombs was an unmitigated disaster.

His insistence on keeping Dennis Green as coach, to the point that they lost both Tony Dungy and Brian Billick, turned perennial all star teams into also-rans in the '90s.

Red McCombs was an unmitigated disaster.

His insistence on keeping Dennis Green as coach, to the point that they lost both Tony Dungy and Brian Billick, turned perennial all star teams into also-rans in the '90s.

My goodnes, Red McCombs was a disaster. If a guy doesn't want to win, why does he get a football team in the first place? It was painful watching those Mike Tice teams. You got the feeling that they wanted to win, but they just didn't have the horses to pull the wagon.

Oh, well, part of appreciating a good team is suffering through the years when the team was skanky and, boy oh boy, they were.

It looks like these guys are getting better every week and may be the first team ever to win a super bowl one year and play in a different home city the next. Will they still be the Vikings? Los Angeles Vikings to go along with the Los Angeles Lakers.

I've got a couple brothers who live in LA. Maybe I'll join them after the move.

The Vikings (10-1) outgained the Bears by a whopping 537 yards to 169 and breezed to their fifth straight win, despite two more fumbles and a pedestrian 85 yards on 25 carries by Peterson, whose short, late touchdown run put Minnesota over 32 points for the sixth time this season. The Vikings had 31 first downs, the Bears just eight.

Chicago Bears vs. Minnesota Vikings - Recap - November 29, 2009 - ESPN

I wouldn't be putting too much money down against the Vikes right now.

I think Mani's gonna crash and burn on this one.

Can't say I didn't call it that Favre would excel on this squad though, when they signed him. The guy is seriously looking at MVP this year if he keeps it up.

Disclaimer: If you are retarded enough to think the Vikes will be in the SB, then this thread isn't for you. :)

I hereby GUARANTEE that the Vikings do not win the NFC this year.

The only question is who will knock them out of the playoffs this time?

Which team will shut down Peterson, forcing Favre to get ur done, which in turn will lead to him shitting the bed like he does?

It is a fact that the colder it gets, the worse Favre does.

More importantly, of the four teams most likely to win the SB - Colts, Pats, Saints and Vikes - Minnesota has the best personnel on defense.

Defense wins championships.

Of course, I'm still not convinced about our coaching.

More importantly, of the four teams most likely to win the SB - Colts, Pats, Saints and Vikes - Minnesota has the best personnel on defense.

Defense wins championships.

Of course, I'm still not convinced about our coaching.

Brad helped take us to a couple NFC championships, plus a super bowl.

He's not exactly a slouch. If it weren't for bad luck, poor play-calling decisions by Reid, and McNabb's inability to get it done in the big one, Brad would have a ring to show for it.

Keep that in mind.

Fav-ray is playing indoors this time around.

This is true, and worth taking into consideration. But he doesn't get to play all 16 games indoors.

It's getting to be that time where it's cold EVERYWHERE now, so we'll see how he does down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Finally having a good running back to work with certainly isn't hurting! Ahman Green was the best he had up to this point, but he was a fumbler.

Forum List

Back